Become a Patron!

Wismec Presa 40W, anyone try it? (Edit: I bought one)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I Just noticed my local vape shop has the Wismec Presa 40w on their website.

I have never heard of this company before but this looks like an interesting little 40 mod with a 2600mah built in battery. The fire button is the length of the mod with the screen built into it. Looks like it would be very comfortable in your hand, but accidental firing could be a problem.

presa4_2.jpg

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One reviewer said its made by a brother/sister company of eleaf/joyetech. I believe it was Brian from TVC.

Edit: here's his first look on it and the their tank

Last edited:

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like it would be very comfortable in your hand, but accidental firing could be a problem.
I have tried all of the newer 40W mods like the mini Kbox/Subox and Coolfire IV. The Presa is far more comfortable in hand and the fire bar switch rocks. And no... it will not accidentally fire. You flip the switch at the top to disable the bar switch before putting it in your pocket.
One reviewer said its made by a brother/sister company of eleaf/joyetech. I believe it was Brian from TVC.
It is from Joytech. They are marketing US designed products under the Wismec brand.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After watching the video from TVC I think I want one!

My 30 watt istick is beat from dropping it multiple times and I was thinking about replacing it with the new 40 watt Istick, but the Presa 40 has me intrigued. No temp control, but the ergonomics and the fire button/bar look awesome.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I picked up a Wismec Presa 40 watt tonight. So far I am really liking it. The build quality is excellent & I am loving the Fire Bar. Its very comfortable in my hand and you just have to squeeze it to fire. I actually really like using the slide lock to lock it before putting it down or in my pocket between vapes.My initial concern about accidental firing has not been a problem so far. You actually have to press the bar kind of firmly to get it to fire. Comparing it to my 30 watt Istick (the only other mod I own) the build quality is much better, and it is noticeable heavier. The 510 threads are also much better, they are tighter and smoother than my the threads on my Istick. After little chain vaping is does not get nearly as warm as my istick either. I have only had it for a few hours so I have no idea about battery life but I will post an update in a couple days.

presa.jpg

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great little mod. Looks bigger in pics than it is. Built well it seems. I like it better than any mod I use and I have a lot of them. Get it. You wont be sorry. Battery life is pretty darn good. I go an entire day with it at about 24 watts,., Your mileage will vary,

Last edited:

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only issue I have discovered so far are the square corners below the fire bar are sort of sharp and pointy. They do not dig into your hand , but they are annoying and a little uncomfortable depending on how you hold it. For a mod that had so much thought put into its ergonomics I am surprised they overlooked sharp corners :confused:

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I have been using my Wismec Presa for a week, here are my thoughts so far.

The fire bar really is awesome! It separates this mod from all the others. Another thing I really is the USB charging port is on the back of the mod & not the bottom, it makes charging much easier than mods with the USB port on the bottom. The build quality is excellent, I especially like the quality of the 510 thread. I also really like the physical lock button, it quickly disables the device without having to click 5 times. I use the lock button often. Accidental firing has not been a problem.

Batter life is OK, not great. Despite it having 400mah more battery capacity than my 30 watt Istick its battery life is not any better & it might actually be a little worse :confused: I could easily get two full days out of my 30 watt Istick, sometimes I have to charge my Presa before the end of day 2.

I suspect this mod could be firing a little low. I always set my Istick at 15 watts, but I have to set my Presa to 16 or 17 to get the same vape. If its not firing low this could explain the battery life. I don't have a volt meter to check this.

Now for what I don't like. Those two sharp corners below the fire bar became a MAJOR pain in the ass or hand actually. Both of my hands where sore after using it for two days because they where constantly getting poked by the sharp corners! I ended up grinding off the sharp corners with a dremel and then polished them to a smooth finish. The sharp corners really bothered me. If you don't have the ability to shave off the sharp corners I would NOT buy this mod. Now that I have removed the sharp corners this mod feels excellent in my hand.

After using it for a week I would say this Mod is OK. Overall I am satisfied with it, but not overly thrilled. The fire bar and comfort of it (now that I have removed the sharp corners) are the best things about this mod.

Last edited:

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only issue I have discovered so far are the square corners below the fire bar are sort of sharp and pointy. They do not dig into your hand , but they are annoying and a little uncomfortable depending on how you hold it. For a mod that had so much thought put into its ergonomics I am surprised they overlooked sharp corners :confused:

A little late to the party, but....

I now own two. Solid buggers, but those 4 sharp corners also annoy me once in a while.

Wismec employees may be stalking you, because the sharp corners issue is gone with
latest version:

Wismec Presa TC 75W (Battery is replaceable)

http://www.wismec.com/product/presa-tc75w/

presa_tc75w_02.jpg

-

E-cig liquid brands are booming in the market. It is better you watch the video review of those new e-liquids before purchasing. If you find positive feedback about the e-liquid brands then you can buy it online or visiting your favorite local shop

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
E-cig liquid brands are booming in the market. It is better you watch the video review of those new e-liquids before purchasing. If you find positive feedback about the e-liquid brands then you can buy it online or visiting your favorite local shop
Huh? Maybe responding to a different thread?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The new 75 Watt Wismec looks like an awesome mod. I am glad they got rid of the sharp corners because that was the only real problem with the 40 Watt. I have been using my 40 Watt daily for 3 1/2 months and it has been flawless. I think I actually like it better now than I did when I posted my last update to this thread. My 30 watt Istick was literally falling apart after 3 months, but this thing is just as solid as the day I bought it.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new 75 Watt Wismec looks like an awesome mod. I am glad they got rid of the sharp corners because that was the only real problem with the 40 Watt. I have been using my 40 Watt daily for 3 1/2 months and it has been flawless. I think I actually like it better now than I did when I posted my last update to this thread. My 30 watt Istick was literally falling apart after 3 months, but this thing is just as solid as the day I bought it.

I found the Wismec Presa TC 75W preorder at Sourcemore for 40.46...added a Melo2 Tank and the total is 52.71 delivered...was super tempted to pull the trigger on the new Wismec DNA200 mod (170.00) but the wife reminded me how much I like being married to her.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update:

The finish on the back of my black one is starting to rub out
and is becoming soft/rough in the same area. Guess it doesn't
like the acid in my hand sweat. Daily wipe with a damp piece
of paper towel didn't prevent this from happening. Still functions
perfectly though.

-

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The finish on my silver Wismec Presa 40 watt is holding up surprisingly well after 5 months of daily use. I do have some nicks and scratches on mine but the majority of the paint still looks great. My Brother bought a 40 watt Istick (that he uses daily) the same time I bought my Wismec Presa. His paint is falling off, all of the plating on his buttons has fallen off and his battery is not holding a charge very well anymore. Considering the state of my brothers Istick I am very pleased how well my Wismec is holding up.

New and late to the party. I've had the Wismec Presa 40w for 2 months now, and mine is causing me issues. I've only dropped it to the ground once, and besides being knocked over on a flat surface, it is well cared for. I do have two problems with it now though. It makes an electronic "tictictictic" noise when the fire button is pressed. Not all the time, but it does happen. Second problem I have now is the button becoming stuck. It started off with not being able to lock it. That was fine, as even without locking it didnt fire in my pocket. Now though, Its getting stuck. I don't know what to do about this, unfortunately.

I have never heard of this company before but this looks like an interesting little 40 mod with a 2600mah built in battery. The fire button is the length of the mod with the screen built into it. Looks like it would be very comfortable in your hand, but accidental firing could be a problem.

View attachment 24529
Hi how is your presa 40w going? I bought one about 4 months ago and have been stoked with it until very recently.
The trigger mechanism started to fail and within a few days it completely sticks causing it to vape until its 10 second limit. Its impossible to stop it unless you have a pair of pliers. It has also started to read the resistance of the coil incorrectly as i cross check it with my e leaf 30 w which by the way is falling apart but still reads the atomizer at .3 ohm instead of .1 the presa reads. The lowest the presa supports is a .2 ohm coil. Im super frustrated as i work away and have two pieces of junk. I really need a good mod. Any tips??

New and late to the party. I've had the Wismec Presa 40w for 2 months now, and mine is causing me issues. I've only dropped it to the ground once, and besides being knocked over on a flat surface, it is well cared for. I do have two problems with it now though. It makes an electronic "tictictictic" noise when the fire button is pressed. Not all the time, but it does happen. Second problem I have now is the button becoming stuck. It started off with not being able to lock it. That was fine, as even without locking it didnt fire in my pocket. Now though, Its getting stuck. I don't know what to do about this, unfortunately.

I have exact same issues. My trigger gets stuck and i need to use pliers to retrieve it from the fire position. Its really annoying. I also have an e leaf 30 w thats falling apart but at least it works. Dont think ill be going for another trigger style mod. The little button style on the e leave is way better. I usually have my presa in my pocket at work and unless I locked it, which i couldnt because the mechanism broke it would fire. Had to turn it off each time, then the trigger broke. I need a new high quality mod any tips? Both my vapes tick like they are going to explode until the screen times out.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another Update:

The 510 threads on my black Presa 40 have bitten the dust after just 3.5 months
of light use. Surprisingly, my older Silver Presa 40 doesn't have the issue. The
threads on my almost year old crappy near death iStick 20 are still fine.

Let me introduce to you, the "Leaning Tower of Wismec Presa":

Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_(2).jpg
Leaning Tower of Wismec Presa.jpg

-

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi how is your presa 40w going? I bought one about 4 months ago and have been stoked with it until very recently.
The trigger mechanism started to fail and within a few days it completely sticks causing it to vape until its 10 second limit. Its impossible to stop it unless you have a pair of pliers. It has also started to read the resistance of the coil incorrectly as i cross check it with my e leaf 30 w which by the way is falling apart but still reads the atomizer at .3 ohm instead of .1 the presa reads. The lowest the presa supports is a .2 ohm coil. Im super frustrated as i work away and have two pieces of junk. I really need a good mod. Any tips??

I have not had any issues with my Wismec Presa 40 watt. The trigger and lock still work perfectly after 6 months of daily use. The battery seems to be holding a charge just as well as it did when it was new. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have noticed in the past few weeks that the paint is started to get dull in a few high wear areas like the trigger and corners but it is not falling off anywhere. The scratches on mine are caused by my titanium wedding ring and I don't think the paint on any mod would be tough enough to stand up to titanium. Again I am very satisfied with mine, but I am getting a little nervous about how much longer it will last after reading about the issues you guys are having. Its the only mod I own right now so I do need a back up soon.

mbrennan1130

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 24529
After a month, the firing bar comes loose. It still works, but doesn't look as sleek.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors