Become a Patron!

Wismec RX200 Battery Question

I just yesterday got the Wismec RX200, a local store was doing a package deal for the device, a Herakles Plus and 3 18650 batteries for $99.

Anyway last night I put it on the charger, woke up this morning it wasn't charging anymore, it's only at about 60% and when I tried to plug the usb back in it popped up with an imbalanced message. Do I need to rotate the batteries or something? I know it is more efficient to charge them on a external charger but I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, ordered it a couple days ago so it should arrive some time this week.

I am just looking for a fix of some sort until that time.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I just yesterday got the Wismec RX200, a local store was doing a package deal for the device, a Herakles Plus and 3 18650 batteries for $99.

Anyway last night I put it on the charger, woke up this morning it wasn't charging anymore, it's only at about 60% and when I tried to plug the usb back in it popped up with an imbalanced message. Do I need to rotate the batteries or something? I know it is more efficient to charge them on a external charger but I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, ordered it a couple days ago so it should arrive some time this week.

I am just looking for a fix of some sort until that time.
Because of the 3 battery operation it will not charge fully. You need a external charger. Glade you have one on order.

Okay, but it's not anything to be worried about right now? Like it shouldn't cause any problems or anything until the external gets here?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's odd..I mean my batts charged 100% in-mod, but it took about 4hrs...I was using a 5v USB wall charger from one of my old Motorola phones...I use an external 4 bay charger now..the only other thing I can think of is if your batts are installed correctly..anyway, good luck with your new mod!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Okay, but it's not anything to be worried about right now? Like it shouldn't cause any problems or anything until the external gets
I have not seen or heard anyone having any issues. The bats are not over charging so not a real concern. But you can try once the bats are charged to that point of 60% of then rotating them in the different slots and charge again.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
That's odd..I mean my batts charged 100% in-mod, but it took about 4hrs...I was using a 5v USB wall charger from one of my old Motorola phones...I use an external 4 bay charger now..the only other thing I can think of is if your batts are installed correctly..anyway, good luck with your new mod!

18650 batteries use a 1 amp charge, 500 mah is OK but will take longer. Is it possible he is using less then a 5 volt source to charge.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Yes that could be it that one or more bats are in backwards.

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first got my RX200 I charged a new set of batteries installed in the mod to full the first time to make sure there were no issues. All three charged to 100%.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18650 batteries use a 1 amp charge, 500 mah is OK but will take longer. Is it possible he is using less then a 5 volt source to charge.
The wall charger I used was 5v 1150 mAh USB for my old Droid Maxx HD..3 batts took about 4 hrs to fully charge....just wanted to see if in-mod charging worked... And it did, just took too long, lolol

VU Sponsors