Become a Patron!

Wismec RX200 dissapointment

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loved my Wismec RX200 when I first got it.. but it was a very short love affair!!!!

It has the same crappy 510 that reviewers had complained about in their past models.
You would think Wismec would listen, but nope!!!!

In fact, their response to a reviewer's email was pretty lame.. they basicly said they
don't guarantee that their unit will work unless their own tanks are used.

Sooo.... my baby beast only fires when I put a shim on it, and either of my RDA's will
even screw into the 510.... which is utter crap!!!!! :poop:

No more Wismec products for me thank you.... :deadhorse:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much all Joytech products are shit. Shitty 510 pin's, shitty wiring, yeah Wismec and any other company owned by Joytech is shit. Shame that they went cheap on super inexpensive components to save what? Maybe at the most $1 per item.

I say Fuck'em, don't buy their cheap shit.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I've just been lucky with mine, never had a problem with any I've owned, and I have two RX200, a DNA 200, and a RX 300. I hated the 200s because of short battery life, and didn't like the 2/3 because of the design, but the rest have served me well.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much all Joytech products are shit. Shitty 510 pin's, shitty wiring, yeah Wismec and any other company owned by Joytech is shit. Shame that they went cheap on super inexpensive components to save what? Maybe at the most $1 per item.

I have more than a few good Joyetech products. And even if they put out shit, they'll still have a place in my heart for getting me into "proper" vaping with their brilliant (for the time) eVic v1 . So don't you diss Joyetech none now :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I've just been lucky with mine, never had a problem with any I've owned, and I have two RX200, a DNA 200, and a RX 300

Yeah? Ever used the RX300 or the Predator in TC mode with very low ohm builds? If you did, you'd know...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have more than a few good Joyetech products. And even if they put out shit, they'll still have a place in my heart for getting me into "proper" vaping with their brilliant (for the time) eVic v1 . So don't you diss Joyetech none now :)
Sorry to piss on your Wheaties, but Fuck'em ;)

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I took the chance on the RX2/3, got it cheap. After installing the AF firmware it has served me well for what it is used for. Would I buy another, well if the price is right why not. I am a gambling man.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to piss on your Wheaties, but Fuck'em ;)

Come on... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Joyetech did release good products at least until 2 years ago (I wouldn't know about what they do now, I haven't had the opportunity or desire to test one of their newer products). For instance, I still enjoy my Egrip to this day. What a brilliant little device!

Wismec however never put out anything worthy of praise. This particular squirrel isn't just blind, it's also deaf and dumb...

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I've just been lucky with mine, never had a problem with any I've owned, and I have two RX200, a DNA 200, and a RX 300. I hated the 200s because of short battery life, and didn't like the 2/3 because of the design, but the rest have served me well.

So, u don't have any prob's with the 510? Do you use RDA's and swap out different tanks?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Well, they used to be one of the big kids on the block.. but that was before competition moved in... lol

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Do you don't use our brand?"

This is the response from Wismec rep. regarding the 510 complaints:

LINK

Take the meaning as you will......

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RX 2/3 will no longer read the correct ohms. I checked over and over, cleaned it, etc, but it's consistently reading as much as .3 higher than it should. Oh well.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I switch out my attys on the RX 2/3. With the known issues I do not over tighten and keep it well cleaned.
I got the RX and DNA200 when they were first released. I've had the wiring, 510 deck and insulator replaced on the DNA, it's a good Mod now. That and for the record I take good care of my Gear. The RX, a fair amount of addy's won't fire on it due to the shitty 510 pin. Also the RX gets hot fast when Vaping around 80-90W due to the shitty 18g wiring and insulator. I don't have this issue any longer with my DNA since I've worked on it. Also the RX2/3 I've a number of friends who've bought that piece of shit and they've failed after a couple of months, they've since moved on to the Battlestar which is a solid Mod.

All I say is that you're lucky.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

FWIW their latest (rx gen 3) doesn't seem to be better. been kicking me out of temp control which is a sign of poor grounding, but i'll hold final judgement until i test it and take it apart and look inside, but i'm expecting to see another shitty 510 when i do

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'm another lucky one. I've had my rx200 for over a year. Still running strong. And yes I've put countless tanks on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I switch out my attys on the RX 2/3. With the known issues I do not over tighten and keep it well cleaned.

Thats good, u got lucky.. my brand new Vandy Vape RDA wont even screw in... works fine in all my other mods... go figure... LOL

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm another lucky one. I've had my rx200 for over a year. Still running strong. And yes I've put countless tanks on it.

Awesome... I wanted sooooo bad to love this.. I think the Cyan and black looks great, love the shape, and love the horizontal OLED screen... but, I can only use it with a few tanks.. and I am certainly NOT going to by a Joytech one.....

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome... I wanted sooooo bad to love this.. I think the Cyan and black looks great, love the shape, and love the horizontal OLED screen... but, I can only use it with a few tanks.. and I am certainly NOT going to by a Joytech one.....

I hear ya. I bought it when it first came out so nobody knew about the 510 and wiring issues. Would I buy another one? Nope

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have seen it mentioned a few times about videos out how to replace / fix the 510 . If you like the mod and want to use it you could go that route. If you cant do it maybe someone you know can or a local shop. Just a idea.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have seen it mentioned a few times about videos out how to replace / fix the 510 . If you like the mod and want to use it you could go that route. If you cant do it maybe someone you know can or a local shop. Just a idea.

I've heard of people rewiring them too.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've heard of people rewiring them too.

dude on facebook made a living off of it. charged like 60 bucks per mod and was always backlogged months. why someone would invest 60 bucks into fixing a 40 dollar mod is beyond me personally. for that kind of money could have purchased a finder or triad DNA200

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
dude on facebook made a living off of it. charged like 60 bucks per mod and was always backlogged months. why someone would invest 60 bucks into fixing a 40 dollar mod is beyond me personally. for that kind of money could have purchased a finder or triad DNA200
Yea, to pay $60 is crazy. :crazy:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have three of the original RX200 mods and I haven't had any problems with any of them. I got the first one and loved it, so I ordered another one, THEN found out about the 510 issues, so I promptly ordered a package of heat sinks and have one on each of the first two. Then I found another one (in red/black, I love it!) on the classies here and got that one. The 510 on it seems perfect, and I haven't bothered to put a heat sink on it. I take the tanks off them every couple days to re-coil and/or re-wick, but of course the ones with heat sinks don't KNOW the tank is coming off and on. The most recent one hasn't missed a beat, however, without a heat sink on it. If it ever gets to feeling a bit wobbly, I'll just put a heat sink on it. I love these mods, I have really bad arthritis in my thumbs and there are very few mods that are comfortable for me to hold and fire. The RX200 is one of them (the original Target mod being the other). The RX200 is long enough to fit into the web (where thumb joins hand) and I can hit the button with my index finger which is uninjured. Everything else I have hurts, from a little to a lot, depending on the shape of the mod.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah? Ever used the RX300 or the Predator in TC mode with very low ohm builds? If you did, you'd know...
Nope.
So, u don't have any prob's with the 510? Do you use RDA's and swap out different tanks?
No problems as of yet, and I've used RDAs, Boreas, TFV8 & 12, and also a Voltrove.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well dip me in shit... :poop:
Looks like Wismec FINALLY fixed the POS 510's.
Daniel just posted this review of the GEN 3 on Youtube:

CLICK LINK

Too late for me.. they would have to go a long way, a long time to remove my negative bias.....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have three of the original RX200 mods and I haven't had any problems with any of them. I got the first one and loved it, so I ordered another one, THEN found out about the 510 issues, so I promptly ordered a package of heat sinks and have one on each of the first two. Then I found another one (in red/black, I love it!) on the classies here and got that one. The 510 on it seems perfect, and I haven't bothered to put a heat sink on it. I take the tanks off them every couple days to re-coil and/or re-wick, but of course the ones with heat sinks don't KNOW the tank is coming off and on. The most recent one hasn't missed a beat, however, without a heat sink on it. If it ever gets to feeling a bit wobbly, I'll just put a heat sink on it. I love these mods, I have really bad arthritis in my thumbs and there are very few mods that are comfortable for me to hold and fire. The RX200 is one of them (the original Target mod being the other). The RX200 is long enough to fit into the web (where thumb joins hand) and I can hit the button with my index finger which is uninjured. Everything else I have hurts, from a little to a lot, depending on the shape of the mod.
I agree the shape lends well to lack of pain.
No arthritis here but a old thumb dislocation and various wrist sprains and dislocations of old.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well dip me in shit... :poop:
Looks like Wismec FINALLY fixed the POS 510's.
Daniel just posted this review of the GEN 3 on Youtube:

CLICK LINK

Too late for me.. they would have to go a long way, a long time to remove my negative bias.....
Design wise, looks possible. I'll need to analyze myself personally, but it still kicks me out of TC which indicates a poor ground So IDK if i'd call it fixed.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
"Do you don't use our brand?"

This is the response from Wismec rep. regarding the 510 complaints:

LINK

Take the meaning as you will......
not fixed. i commented on his vid. hope he sees it and responds to me. I know he's subscribed to me. if not i'll mention in my next video and hope he sees it

Zlh5hXG.png

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
not fixed. i commented on his vid. hope he sees it and responds to me. I know he's subscribed to me. if not i'll mention in my next video and hope he sees it

Zlh5hXG.png

Oh... Thanks for posting this.. is the metal frame acting as the ground, hence, no need for the wire????

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh... Thanks for posting this.. is the metal frame acting as the ground, hence, no need for the wire????

You always need a ground wire from the chip. It's going to be shitty without one. In this case you have a press fit 510 going through the entire painted mod body to the contacts on the board touching on the bottom. It's a poor ground and it makes the mod perform badly.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You always need a ground wire from the chip. It's going to be shitty without one. In this case you have a press fit 510 going through the entire painted mod body to the contacts on the board touching on the bottom. It's a poor ground and it makes the mod perform badly.

Oh, ok, I see what u mean.. Daniel is pretty good at spotting shit like that, so I wonder why he didnt say anything.... did he ever reply
back 2 you?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RX200S here that I take Nautilus Minis off daily to refill and no 510 problems for years now. Using it in TC right now with a .5Ω SS316L coil and working like it should. Basically it is my daily beater and it has bounced off the cement so many times I am embarrassed to admit it. Still going and going but maybe time for a wrap?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Usually that would be me posting links to those videos. But I grew tired of threads like these popping up every other week... some people have cried about the 510 for five times as long on here as the time it takes to fix the 510 so... others can draw their own conclusions about that.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
RX200S here that I take Nautilus Minis off daily to refill and no 510 problems for years now. Using it in TC right now with a .5Ω SS316L coil and working like it should. Basically it is my daily beater and it has bounced off the cement so many times I am embarrassed to admit it. Still going and going but maybe time for a wrap?

Glad to hear your happy with your RX200s.. of course, no one ever said that they all suck, sounds like your a lucky one.. So, would you buy another Wismec MOD??

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad to hear your happy with your RX200s.. of course, no one ever said that they all suck, sounds like your a lucky one.. So, would you buy another Wismec MOD??

Most definitely as I have a Wismec DNA 200 already.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh, ok, I see what u mean.. Daniel is pretty good at spotting shit like that, so I wonder why he didnt say anything.... did he ever reply
back 2 you?

I won't get into detail about our conversation as I think it would be tacky but let's just say his justification didn't make any sense to me. I left it at telling him to test it himself by adding a ground wire and haven't heard back since.

VU Sponsors