Become a Patron!

WISMEC RX300 Incorrect ohm reading

Hello,

I have recently purchased a RX300 used, and I have noticed that even before purchasing it, I tested it with my Atomiser (RTA Deepfire) 2x 0.5 Ohm clapton coils at 0.25Ohms total.
I tested the atomiser on a iStick TC40W and the coil readings were 0.25Ohms, I even tested it on a Joytech vtwo mini and the coil reading was 0.26 Ohm.
On the RX300 the coil readings are 0.38, 0.44, 0.48, 0.51, all up to 1.9ohms.
It is all over the place.
When i press the fire button, the resistance drops to where it SHOULD be, 0.25-0.26 ohms, but it shoots back up after use.

Is there any way to fix this?
What i tested:
cleaned the 510 pin, the thread, updated the firmware, switched to arcticfox firmware, and still the same.
Is there any way that i can set the coil resistance MANUALLY? Any firmware?

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is gonna suck to point this out, but there have been issues with 510 connection on the Wismec Reuleaux line (including RX300). You may just have a faulty mod. You already did what I would have done to test it.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably possible, but it will take a lot of effort. We don't even repair devices for our customers. Just replacements. With vape items and batteries being so powerful, I recommend to just play it safe and get something new. If the repair isn't perfect, it could make your mod dangerous to use. Personally, I would just try to return it to the store you bought it from and get a replacement. A lot of people have working Wismec mods, so most likely you'd be good with a new replacement.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really have any other advice for you. When we carried the Wismec Reuleaux series, we had more issues with the 510 connection than other devices, so we got rid of that line in our store.

Is it safe for use? atleast if i have it, can i use it?
I have the impression that at 80W it has the same vapor production as my istick tc40w at 40W.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I'm speaking for a vape store, I'm going to play it safe and say don't use it.

Hoping others can chime in with their opinion though.

The inaccurate ohms reading is causing your power at 80W to feeling like your 40W devices. I've experimented with this and had a mod read my 0.15 Ω coil as 0.4 Ω. While it was incorrect, I had a very weak inhale. Then I fixed it so it read the correct resistance. It then vaped like how I wanted.

I am inclined to tinker as I have noting to lose, it was bought at 23$, I know somebody who is an electronics expert and can tinker and replace the 510 connector.
The only thing I don't have, is a dremmel to cut into the case to free the faulty connector.
I saw somebody on Youtube do this on an RX200 and RX300 without an issue.
Cross your fingers we don't hear on the news that nother mod explodes :cheers:

Hi, I am new to this forum and don't normally post to forums, so I apologize ahead of time if I commit a faux pas.

I am having the same problem. I have had my Vfeng SnowWolf for about a year, and just recently it started reading my 0.40ohm coils as 0.32ohm (Crown III tank). It is also a noticeably weaker taste and throat hit than normal and the coils burn out more quickly. Whether the former is the cause of the latter, I am unsure, but I do seem to be taking longer drags.

When I took it to the vape shop, the employee said that it seems like an abnormal discrepancy to him. When we swapped tanks, mine was reading normal on his (much more expensive) device, and vice versa. He also pointed out that the screws were somewhat loose and tightened them for me. I just upgraded the firmware as well, but neither of these changed anything.

I was planning on upgrading to a Crown IV soon so I could try mesh coils (never tried them before), but if there is something wrong with my device, I would rather consider replacing the Vfeng since the battery door is really poorly designed and my batteries can get dropped inadvertently very easily.

I'm open to suggestions on devices, as there seem to be hundreds to choose from. I would rather have something smaller and lighter as opposed to something with a lot of extra features, and I prefer symmetrical placement of the 510 connection (rather than it being close to the edge). I work on cars for a living, and although I always put it in a safe place while working, I do sometimes carry it in my cargo pocket where it can get bumped on things. So, something more durable is also a plus.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vu. Depending on your budget there are tons of mods to choose from. Below I linked a thread we have of low to mid range priced mods. We also have a trading thread here where you can buy sell or trade used gear. A lot of reputable members here. I use the trading post almost weekly. But the vapresso line makes good mods. Had the Revenger kit for a while. The IPV v-it mod is a good one as well. Also the IPV Vsticking is good. Both have great chips in them. Can be had new for about 60 bucks. Can be had used in great condition for cheaper I'm sure. Innokin Proton is a great one as well. One of my daily drivers. Maybe some other member will chime in as well.

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/hardware.64/

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/low-to-mid-range.471851/

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Below I linked a thread we have of low to mid range priced mods. We also have a trading thread here where you can buy sell or trade used gear. A lot of reputable members here. I use the trading post almost weekly. ... Maybe some other member will chime in as well.

Sure will. I think if you have someone from a shop selling items tell you just go on and get a new replacement. Then, a forum moderator linking to some decent low budget items, well, ... there you go. Go get something new. Lives are sacred, most only get one.

Things can replaced, body parts cannot, at least not genuinely adequately. Lives aren't replaced either. When I ran as an E.M.T our second rule; "Forget things, things are worthless." Our first rule was; "Don't make yourself a secondary patient. You only go in if you know it's safe and feel competent enough to do so."

Sure I understand / comprehend wanting to save a buck or two. Who doesn't want to do that anymore? Cleaning a shotgun loaded with dynamite in the dark and tossing in a match to see, well, might be better to cut the lights on first. But nah, don't listen to me either, I use metal box mechanical mods. I'm crazier than a June bug. ;) :)

some other member

Fine, just for you, just this once. Sneaky idjit, "Haha, I'll get Ben, he'll have to wear the name "Some other member"." *chuckles* Lucky I like drummers.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're going to tinker with it I'd still try to pick up a replacement mod. For situations like this. I'd hate to be caught with my pants down. Unless for the right reasons :teehee:. But if you decide to mess with it, it's probably the wiring or solder joints. Also wismec had issues if you screw the tank on too tight it would start to spin as the 510 assembly is only press fitted into the mod, I believe, don't quote me on that one but I'm pretty sure

UPDATE.

Sorry, I was unaware that I've got so many replies.
Here is what happened:
Bought evic vtwo Mini, and 2 defective GX350 with the + button being shorted due to ejuice seeping in it.
Cleaned the 2 GX350 and they work as they should.
I am no longer using the RX300 due to it draining my batteries for no apparent reason, even if it's turned off.
I used the AF firmware on it.

Any suggestions? Am I doing good now? :)

Cheers!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE.

Sorry, I was unaware that I've got so many replies.
Here is what happened:
Bought evic vtwo Mini, and 2 defective GX350 with the + button being shorted due to ejuice seeping in it.
Cleaned the 2 GX350 and they work as they should.
I am no longer using the RX300 due to it draining my batteries for no apparent reason, even if it's turned off.
I used the AF firmware on it.

Any suggestions? Am I doing good now? :)

Cheers!

Yeah, you are. :) Please try not to think of it us as the rugby team pouncing you and making you say uncle though. We have this genuine concern over something called "helping people" and "helping to save lives". So, there's that, ... better or worse. *chuckles*

UPDATE:

I have tested, (don't ask me why) my atomiser on the RX300 with a radiator, and it got stuck on the 510.
So, my hothead had a fuse blown, and i hit the RX300 with the radiator on the carpet, kinda hard. After realising that i could of broken the mod, I re insterted the batteries to check if it broke.
To my surprise, the coils were stable, even if the reading was a bit off, instead of .22 it read .33, but it fired fine, even better when it had a heartbeat in place of a ohm reading, but the coils were not over the .33 even after I pressed the fire button, it went down for a bit, to .21 and up to .33 after release.

Any... umm... thoughts? :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE:

I have tested, (don't ask me why) my atomiser on the RX300 with a radiator, and it got stuck on the 510.
So, my hothead had a fuse blown, and i hit the RX300 with the radiator on the carpet, kinda hard. After realising that i could of broken the mod, I re insterted the batteries to check if it broke.
To my surprise, the coils were stable, even if the reading was a bit off, instead of .22 it read .33, but it fired fine, even better when it had a heartbeat in place of a ohm reading, but the coils were not over the .33 even after I pressed the fire button, it went down for a bit, to .21 and up to .33 after release.

Any... umm... thoughts? :)

Yeah one that will seem redundant, obvious here goes though ... try not beating up gear. *chuckles smh*

Next time you get an atomizer stuck like that. Strip it to its base deck, get a pair of vise grip pliers, get some paper towels. Wrap the deck of the atty with paper towels, gently apply the vise grip pliers, firmly but with gentleness too, turn the atty left to loosen it from the mod.

I can imagine you probably cross threaded the atty and or the mod's connector when you put the atty into it. This is why you slowly turn an atty down into the connector a half turn, quarter, quarter, half, quarter and so on until it sets itself as snug but not tightened down gorilla grip tight. Yes, I know from experience of doing this, exactly.

If any time you feel any "push back" as you slowly turn the atty into the connector, turn it back out and look over the threads of the atty, mod too. Be sure there's no debris in or on either one's threads. If there is, clean it up with a paper towel, vaper towels are our friends, keep them or bathroom tissue handy around vaping areas, facial tissues suits too.

Again not being a rugby team here out to get you or anything. No, you going to do what you going to do. I hope your mod keeps doing okay but I would be looking to get a backup, or a new one, and probably a back up for it. *shrugs* Just wot I'd be figuring ... "gee that mod might go wonky, might set a battery to blow up, hm ... better get something else". Alright, my piece said.

Yeah one that will seem redundant, obvious here goes though ... try not beating up gear. *chuckles smh*

Next time you get an atomizer stuck like that. Strip it to its base deck, get a pair of vise grip pliers, get some paper towels. Wrap the deck of the atty with paper towels, gently apply the vise grip pliers, firmly but with gentleness too, turn the atty left to loosen it from the mod.

The atty was not stuck, the radiator was, and it has no grippy area.
And what I did, was smack it radiator down, on the carpet. The thread was ok, but it was too tight.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The atty was not stuck, the radiator was, and it has no grippy area.
And what I did, was smack it radiator down, on the carpet. The thread was ok, but it was too tight.

Um? Radiator? Pardon my ignorance but can you show me a picture of what you mean? I'm lost now, sorry.

Does it look like this here?

iu

Is so, that's not commonly called a radiator but a coil.

This is the mod you're using, correct? What kind of atomizer are you using? Do you know?

I'm getting lost in you saying a radiator was stuck and not an atomizer. Radiators I know of are in cars,trucks,trains,boats and generally in crafts that house internal combustion motors or engines. I know of heating radiators that conduct steam usually. I'm just not making the connection of these to, ...

Coil maybe? If so, advice still stands. But you need to use pliers, or tweezers to get stuck coils out. Don't go whacking the mod/rda to get something out like that. Did you take the grub screws out? Unscrew the set screws? Usually wires in RDAs are help in post holes with screws. Sorry if I'm being obvious or seeming over bearing. I'm not trying to do either. Will hush.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The "radiator" that I'm referring is something like this: http://vapez.ro/9931-24718-thickbox_default/radiator-510-24mm-argintiu.jpg
The atty is Digiflavor Themis Dual coil.

Ah, okay. :) Now, I see what you were meaning. Well, you probably still could remove it using pliers & paper towels. I agree you did nothing wrong in discussing it here. We just got different terms. *chuckles*

Something I am learning from watching the Deaf Connection channel available on Roku, often pictures give us a better way to communicate. With pictures we can see what each other means. To that end, ...

Her way uses rubber gloves. It's the same idea in principle though, use traction and a bit of care.

I do understand getting frustrated though. Sometimes setting whatever the issue is aside and walking away for a bit is helpful. Rather that than end up having a stroke or breaking gear, hurting others. Been there a good bit in life. No shame admitting that, no pride either. We're all human and can get frustrated.

I will upload some pics so you can see that rubber gloves were almost impossible to use, as the heatsink is too low (height wise it's not tall) and it has some edges.
I even used a nail file in the groves to twist it, and it broke my file. It was that tight.
IMG_20190530_182318.jpg IMG_20190530_182340.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will upload some pics so you can see that rubber gloves were almost impossible to use, as the heatsink is too low (height wise it's not tall) and it has some edges.
I even used a nail file in the groves to twist it, and it broke my file. It was that tight.
View attachment 139720 View attachment 139721

A pair of these might have helped.

the-original%E2%84%A2-curved-jaw-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter-276.jpg

Put paper towel around the stuck object, let these cinch on. You'll need to lay them sideways maybe but then you get a positive locked source of traction. That heat sink looked to protrude enough to grip in pliers. I've used paper towels to avoid cracking glass in tanks when wrenching stuff loose.

Remember the expression, slow and smooth becomes fast and lethal. It does apply in such cases as well. You need to let yourself relax, realize you can and will solve the problem and not resort to maybe chucking out a window. And yes, I've a few times where I've chucked stuff out windows. Got irked at supervisor who kept finding ways to hamper my learning to drive & work using a forklift. Got off one and told him it was the last he would ever hope to see me try. Ripped up the certification card in his face.

Dumb me later realized, I could have used that certification elsewhere to use lifts. At the time I was too pissed off at him though. Also knocked a wall down over some guys that were on the other side of it, to solve the problem of them directing fire on mates. Ooops, simulation not live scenario, I acted and didn't think, didn't keep my head in the proper space. Done some other dumb ass stuff too. So, I'm not picking on you or trying to well, be an asshole.

Again, think I'm better to hush. So much can be only talked so much.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These are a better idea to use because you have more control over the pressure applied and a towel, rag or piece of rubber stops it from scratching.

Z20EHtfo5oy.JPG

Last edited:

VU Sponsors