Become a Patron!

Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 Kit: Written review

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 kit was sent to me from Wismec specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, cause me to give this mod a favorable review or influence my opinion in any way.

WISMEC Sinuous Ravage 230 Features:

• Thread Type: 510 spring loaded connector (supports 28mm tanks)
  • Output Modes: Power (VW), Temp Control (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR)
  • Output Wattage: 1-230W
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5Ω for TC modes / 0.1-3.5Ω for VW mode
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
  • Maximum Charging Current: 2A
  • Maximum Output Current: 50A
  • Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
  • Dual Circuit and Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Thread Type: 510 spring loaded connector (supports 28mm tanks)
  • Output Modes: Power (VW), Temp Control (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR)
  • Output Wattage: 1-230W
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5Ω for TC modes / 0.1-3.5Ω for VW mode
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
  • Maximum Charging Current: 2A
  • Maximum Output Current: 50A
  • Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
  • Dual Circuit and Reverse Polarity Protection
  • 1.45inch color display

GNOME Evo Features:

• Height: 44.2mm
  • Diameter: 25mm
  • Weight: 56.8g
  • E-liquid Capacity: 2ml/4ml options
  • Retractable top filling (childproof lock system)
  • Bottom airflow

How it is packaged:

The box has two tiers. It has a foam insert on the top where you will find the mod and Warning card. Lift that up and you will find: your USB cord, the tank, spare coil, extra glass, black drip tip, bag of spare parts and your manuals.

Kit Includes:

• 1 * SINUOUS RAVAGE230 (no cells)
  • 1 * QC USB Cable
  • Spare Parts
  • 1 * GNOME Evo
  • 2 * User Manual
  • 2 * WM01 Single 0.4ohm Head
  • 2 * Warning Card

hwigdaW.jpg

aWXZ04D.jpg

Description:

The Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 Kit consists of a Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 box mod and the GNOME Evo tank. The Ravage has a 1.45 inch OLED large color display, centered 510 and user-friendly menu system. The Ravage has a 230w max output, full temperature control suite (Ni, Ti, and SS). Along with TCR function with 3 memory slots, 2A Balance Charging and the GNOME Evo come in a 2ml or 4ml version depending on your preference. You can adjust watts in 0.1 increments.

The Ravage230 comes in Custom Blue, Brushed Stainless, High Gloss Black and Burnt Orange.

Operation:

The menu system has been made to be simple; it looks like this menu system has caught on. The last few mods I have seen all were using this format. Click the fire button 5 times to turn on. Once you have it on, click the fire button 3 times in order to get to the main menu. Once there you use the plus and minus buttons to scroll and your power button to make your selection. Everything else from that point is very self-explanatory and user friendly. You also can use the function button located above the firing bar when on the main screen to change from having a clock to showing your watts or change vaping modes. To do this you hold the function button for 3 seconds. To turn off you click the fire button 5 times.

R8BpCFK.png

Tank:

The tank will break down very easy, you will have the base, coil, Glass, top ring; fill cap then your drip tip. I experienced no leaking any of the times I had taken it apart. To fill the tank you need to take off your drip tip and slide the cap. There is a small Sinuous logo on the top, you push in that area and the cap will slide back so you can fill you tank.
    k0yHKvy.jpg

Talk about the Mod:

The Ravage 230 performs pretty well. When you hit the fire button it fires on the fast side. When I threw on different RDA”s with a few different builds the mod had no issues. The pre heat works but at times seems a little under powered; I can’t test this so it could be just me. The TC is at best average; I will say it works better than some of my other Wismec devices. After locking in my resistance (room temp) I had to spend a lot of time trying to getting it dialed in. It seems as if the power drops off early at times. Again I don’t have the equipment to test so it could be me. Once I had everything dialed in it did work ok but not great. I cannot detect any button rattles and the mod does not get hot at all. With the centered 510 pin you are able to hold up to 28mm tank, I can verify that now since this seems to be the claim as of late so I went and got a 28mm atty. They have what they call a function button above the firing bar. It will turn your screen off if you are trying to save battery power, along with a short cut to change between the clock showing and vaping modes. Just hold the button in for 3 seconds. This is not a on and off switch, the mod will fire after you turned off the power to the screen. Now I do like this button but the location of it is a bit annoying. I go to fire the mod and my fat thumb finds that button first. If I am not paying attention I go and vape and it doesn’t fire. I can see people crying miss fire (which I had none) by not noticing that they are actually pushing the power button. The battery door is a flip type door. It uses a latch system to secure the door shut. It does shut tight and there are no rattles. I am however paranoid and wonder what happens after taking batteries in and out for 6 months. The USB port is on the front at the bottom. It does have 2A balanced charging and you can upgrade you firmware although the one sent to me had the newest firmware installed.

Rse1VTr.jpg
    5RSvYMw.jpg

lJpfh0Z.jpg

Talk about the Tank:

The GNOME Evo tank uses the WM series of coils. When choosing you can either have a 2ml or 4ml version. If you get the 2ml version it does not come with any expansion glass. You will get extra glass but it will be for the version you picked. It is top fill, to fill the drip tip is taken off and you push on the Sinuous logo and the cap will slide back. It slides back quite easy; the only thing I didn’t care for is removing the drip tip each time I went to fill. It came with 2 WM01 coils (0.4ohm) one was installed the other is in the box. It has a resin drip tip that matches the mod that is a real nice touch. It is bottom air flow and the tank matches the mod and looks really nice sitting on top.

Coils

In the kit you will get two updated WM01 (0.4 ohm). The WMO1 coil has a rating of 40 - 80 watts with a best rating of 55 to 65 watts. When using the tank it was flavorful and can give off some nice clouds. I experience no wicking issues while using this coil. You have a total of 3 choices for coils, in the kit you will find a guide for coils and it shows what the “best” range is for that coil. The coil provided worked very well at the higher end of the “best” range for me.
    WM Coils available :
    WM01 Single 0.4ohm Head: 40-80W (Best wattage: 55-65W)
    WM02 Dual 0.15ohm Head: 30-70W (Best wattage: 45-60W)
    WM03 Triple 0.2ohm Head: 40-130W (Best wattage: 70-90W)

2AdjXCl.png

Overall

I liked Sinuous Ravage 230. Yes if you look at the design it does look like the Wismec Predator 228 (but smaller) or other Sinuous designs. It is when you turn it on you see the differences. The 1.45 inch large color display looks clear and is easy to read. The centered 510, the firing bar, paired with a tank that is a nice tank that gives you flavor, clouds and matches the mod great (IMO). You have choices in coils so there should be no problem finding one suited for you. What I didn’t like having to remove or at least raise the drip tip enough to fill the tank, it only comes with 1 kind of coil and location of the function button. Also I don’t know why they don’t include 2ml and 4ml glass in the kit. That seems to be normal know a days. There probably is a reason and those items are more subjective; however the TC needs some work.

All in all I think this is a nice kit, if you are upgrading or just looking keep this on the radar.

Buy from Links

https://wismec.us/sinuous-ravage230-with-gnome-evo.html

For our friends on the other side of the pond

https://www.wismec.co.uk/wismec-sinuous-ravage230-with-2-x-batteries.htmll

Thanks for reading,

Raymond

VU Sponsors