Become a Patron!

Wizard Labs AmeriNic

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has it oxidized at all ? Also wondering if its a cold extraction.
The thing about Wizard is they make it per order so you get it as fresh as it gets so lasts much longer before oxidizing. Over the years I have only got it clear with no peppery taste or smell which makes it much better for better tasting flavors.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They use to have crystal clear I would imagine it is the same.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also wondering if its a cold extraction.

According to WL it's made in Merry Hill, NC. I don't think it gets cold there. :D

Strange that the only 2 Nics. made in the USA (?) are both made in NC.
The WL one in Merry Hill. And the other?
Well....The Carolina Xtract contact addy is across the Chowan river around 5 miles away (?) from Merry Hill in Edenton, NC.

Hmmm...dare I speculate?

Will Boogenshizzle please chime in...?

Ron
----
"No river is shallow to a man who cannot swim." — Paladin ("Have Gun... Will Travel")

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
According to WL it's made in Merry Hill, NC. I don't think it gets cold there. :D

Strange that the only 2 Nics. made in the USA (?) are both made in NC.
The WL one in Merry Hill. And the other?
Well....The Carolina Xtract contact addy is across the Chowan river around 5 miles away (?) from Merry Hill in Edenton, NC.

Hmmm...dare I speculate?

Will Boogenshizzle please chime in...?

Ron
----
"No river is shallow to a man who cannot swim." — Paladin ("Have Gun... Will Travel")
It would be nice if its the same nic as Carolina Xtract. Best thing to do is email WL.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best thing to do is email WL.

Maybe but...

"It means if you have an issue with Wizard Labs, you simply come to me."
and
"My situation is an odd one, but it boiled down to; I needed to make money from home."
( http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-can-i-help-wizard-labs-brand-ambassador.326146/ )

I figure I have to give him a shot. (Hopefully a response before WL's Memorial Day sale ends...)

Ron
---
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."- Buddha

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe but...

"It means if you have an issue with Wizard Labs, you simply come to me."
and
"My situation is an odd one, but it boiled down to; I needed to make money from home."
( http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-can-i-help-wizard-labs-brand-ambassador.326146/ )

I figure I have to give him a shot. (Hopefully a response before WL's Memorial Day sale ends...)

Ron
---
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."- Buddha
Thanks for the help Ron :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help Ron :)

You are welcome! But...I should mention that if it's the same, it would be a bargain. (And I would probably be putting some in my Memorial Day Sale cart. ) :cheers:

Ron
---
"I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination."- Hunter S. Thompson

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I cannot confirm it is the same company. Amerinic is not affiliated with Carolina that I know of. That being said, I'm truly excited for a nicotine that is grown and processed here in the United States. (vs India) This will allow the quality control to be really tight and hence giving you the best product for your money.
I have sampled the Amerinic and would have no issues using it on a daily basis. As with any nicotine, I wouldn't break it down until you're ready to use it and just pour yourself off bottles as you go.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As with any nicotine, I wouldn't break it down until you're ready to use it and just pour yourself off bottles as you go.
Are you saying not to split up, for example, a liter, when you get it, then just pour what you need from the original bottle?

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The really loooong answer:

I keep all of my nicotine in the freezer. When you "freeze" the nicotine, it simply slows down the oxidation process, the fluid becomes more viscous and is MUCH thicker than before; making it more complicated to shake. I find a good example is thick alcohol. Everyone knows if you put a bottle of booze in the freezer it not only doesn't freeze, but it becomes thicker. You want your bottles to stand straight up and down as there is more surface area of nicotine exposed to the air in the bottle when it is laying down. When you first receive a bottle of nicotine, if you do not need to open it, DON"T! Most companies now use an argon gas filler to keep oxygen out of the bottle. Only open it when necessary.

What about a dark closet or cabinet? I get that it is still a cool and dry location. But being that it's not cold, it's may not slow the oxidation of the nicotine. Especially after opening. Once the nicotine is opened, OXYgen is introduced to the nicotine and OXIdation happens. It is a natural occurrence in all nicotines. Some nicotines do it slower than others. If I were going to store it in a dark and cool location, the only time I'd do it, is pre-opening, and I was sure that the manufacturer used some sort of gas to remove all oxygen from the bottle. Otherwise it's just best to freeze it. Cool it at least. Perhaps a little mini fridge with a hasp and lock and key. ANYTHING TO KEEP IT COLD-FROZEN. I keep mine at the very top of my freezer in the back of a shelf away from anyone but me. My usable bottle (my 30 ml for daily use), I keep at the very top of my fridge in the back wrapped in a paper towel/brown paper to keep out light. This is the BEST way to store your nicotine. Period. Coldest, darkest, unopened if possible.

I leave all my liters of nicotine unopened until absolutely necessary. Many companies now use argon gas to push out all of the oxygen in the bottle and if you don't need to open it and put oxygen in it, don't. When the time comes, open it and pour out 240 mls into a separate container (brown amber glass preferred but some manufacturers will send vg/pg/nic in a 240 ml and I highly recommend keeping these. This will be your go to container. This is the container you use to refill your 30-50ml bottle that you use in your daily mixing. This way you'll open your liter only 4 times, hence reducing the amount of oxygen introduced into the bottle.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a nicotine titration kit from any of the major manufacturers and test each and every bottle of nicotine you buy. Once you know exactly what level your nicotine is, you simply put it into the calculator as such and use accordingly. Please, for your safety, do not ever assume you are getting the mg/ml level of nicotine that you ordered. I've ordered 100mg/ml and received 200, and I've ordered 100mg/ml and received 50. For your safety, do not ever ever ever assume.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've always split mine as they arrived into 100ml ambers, then boxed them (box I get the ambers in), then into the freezer. I must have misunderstood your post, so my apologies for having you type all that out, LOL. The rest, I do basically the same, I take one out, at a time, and that bottle stays in the fridge. I do understand about the Argon, but so far, I've not had any issue with the ones I've opened, even 2 years later. Same clear nic, and no degradation in strength.

I also recommend the test kits. I test mine every time I get a new bottle. I've also tested nic later, as I get to it.

Thanks for taking that time to type that all out.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in the process of getting a little more information since it's new to us both.

Thanks!

With that information coupled with the upcoming summer heat and...
---
  • Any product listed with the icon
    international_restrict.png
    will make the entire order ship via a ground shipping service which may lead to a longer transit time.
  • -----
"Please note: Once an order leaves our facility it is out of our control. "

https://wizardlabs.us/shipping-information
---

...I'm going to hold off taking advantage of the generous WL holiday sale.

Ron
---
"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless."-Don Corleone

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The really loooong answer:

I keep all of my nicotine in the freezer. When you "freeze" the nicotine, it simply slows down the oxidation process, the fluid becomes more viscous and is MUCH thicker than before; making it more complicated to shake. I find a good example is thick alcohol. Everyone knows if you put a bottle of booze in the freezer it not only doesn't freeze, but it becomes thicker. You want your bottles to stand straight up and down as there is more surface area of nicotine exposed to the air in the bottle when it is laying down. When you first receive a bottle of nicotine, if you do not need to open it, DON"T! Most companies now use an argon gas filler to keep oxygen out of the bottle. Only open it when necessary.

What about a dark closet or cabinet? I get that it is still a cool and dry location. But being that it's not cold, it's may not slow the oxidation of the nicotine. Especially after opening. Once the nicotine is opened, OXYgen is introduced to the nicotine and OXIdation happens. It is a natural occurrence in all nicotines. Some nicotines do it slower than others. If I were going to store it in a dark and cool location, the only time I'd do it, is pre-opening, and I was sure that the manufacturer used some sort of gas to remove all oxygen from the bottle. Otherwise it's just best to freeze it. Cool it at least. Perhaps a little mini fridge with a hasp and lock and key. ANYTHING TO KEEP IT COLD-FROZEN. I keep mine at the very top of my freezer in the back of a shelf away from anyone but me. My usable bottle (my 30 ml for daily use), I keep at the very top of my fridge in the back wrapped in a paper towel/brown paper to keep out light. This is the BEST way to store your nicotine. Period. Coldest, darkest, unopened if possible.

I leave all my liters of nicotine unopened until absolutely necessary. Many companies now use argon gas to push out all of the oxygen in the bottle and if you don't need to open it and put oxygen in it, don't. When the time comes, open it and pour out 240 mls into a separate container (brown amber glass preferred but some manufacturers will send vg/pg/nic in a 240 ml and I highly recommend keeping these. This will be your go to container. This is the container you use to refill your 30-50ml bottle that you use in your daily mixing. This way you'll open your liter only 4 times, hence reducing the amount of oxygen introduced into the bottle.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a nicotine titration kit from any of the major manufacturers and test each and every bottle of nicotine you buy. Once you know exactly what level your nicotine is, you simply put it into the calculator as such and use accordingly. Please, for your safety, do not ever assume you are getting the mg/ml level of nicotine that you ordered. I've ordered 100mg/ml and received 200, and I've ordered 100mg/ml and received 50. For your safety, do not ever ever ever assume.
I've had nicotine manufacturers tell me freezing does nothing much, but that light and heat are the real culprits to oxidation.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had nicotine manufacturers tell me freezing does nothing much, but that light and heat are the real culprits to oxidation.
I'm no pro, for sure, but the one time mine wasn't in a cool place, it turned almost black. Could've been the batch, no way to know now. Since then, I kept it cold.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm no pro, for sure, but the one time mine wasn't in a cool place, it turned almost black. Could've been the batch, no way to know now. Since then, I kept it cold.
oh come on man get real.... I've left forgotten opened bottles of nic on a shelf for months and months and they never turned black.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh come on man get real.... I've left forgotten opened bottles of nic on a shelf for months and months and they never turned black.
Just sharing my own experience. As I said, once that happened I didn't try it again. Maybe it's not accurate, but it was for me, at that time.

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I personally have noticed a huge difference between nicotine just left out and nicotine that is in the freezer.

Light and HEAT... hence the freezer. I've noticed a difference in nicotine that has been sitting out and frozed/chilled nic. The nicotine that was left out, darkened in color quickly and became slightly harsh in comparison.

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Amerinic:

"
AmerinicLogoSmall.png
offers pure USP liquid nicotine, produced in the USA, that exceeds the highest production standards for vapor and e-juice products. Our products are manufactured in our FDA-compliant facility under stringent United States Pharmacopeia (USP) standards.

AmeriNic only produces pure USP nicotine—clean, clear and odorless.
We pride ourselves on quality and consistency. AmeriNic USP nicotine is produced in the USA at our extraction and purification facility in Merry Hill, North Carolina. The facility operates under current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) to produce USP nicotine that is consistent from batch to batch. Each batch is tested to ensure that it exceeds USP standards and comes with a certificate of analysis from an independent, certified laboratory.

Our customers say our products meet or exceed their quality standards for purity, color and odor. AmeriNic works to ensure availability of supply, and we are able to ship quickly. Our facility has scalable capacity to meet customer demand. We maintain a reserve inventory and are ready with an ample supply to meet the unique needs of our customers."

VU Sponsors