Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited:

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking forward to hearing your impressions and experience. The specs look awesome.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why dont you send one out to liionwholesale.com and let him check it out for truth on the specs..More mah and amps?..not sure about that.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why dont you send one out to liionwholesale.com and let him check it out for truth on the specs..More mah and amps?..not sure about that.

I got them from my battery guy they are prototypes not yet released. he's already tested them and is now cycling them.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The graph is just showing its a higher mah than the lower mah batteries its compared to....when you get the actual amp draw numbers let us know.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So they are 2600 mah not 2800 according to the link specs..not sure everything is adding up man..lol

According to one graph the battery lasts many seconds longer than a 2500 and a 2600 mah battery (which we all know mah ratings are not that accurate)...so its not 2800 mah but its closer to the 2600 advertised mah shown in the link...Thats a plus if its confirmed true...now to see amp numbers

Also keep in mind we dont have fans to cool our batteries in a mod so numbers would change quite a bit in the real world.

A sony vtc 5 is only a 20 amp battery unless you can cool it to x amount of degrees to allow it to handle 30 amps continuous.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So they are 2600 mah not 2800 according to the link specs..not sure everything is adding up man..lol

According to one graph the battery lasts many seconds longer than a 2500 and a 2600 mah battery (which we all know mah ratings are not that accurate)...so its not 2800 mah but its closer to the 2600 advertised mah shown in the link...Thats a plus if its confirmed true...now to see amp numbers

Also keep in mind we dont have fans to cool our batteries in a mod so numbers would change quite a bit in the real world.

A sony vtc 5 is only a 20 amp battery unless you can cool it to x amount of degrees to allow it to handle 30 amps continuous.
they are a usable 2600mAh from what i was told you can't discharge them safely to 2800mAh. keep in mind those graphs are from v1 that were never released. the ones I have are v2 hopefuly he will send me graphs tomorrow of the v2.
he did tell me if you hit the the full 35 amps to give a rest of atleast 60 seconds. that was in regards to 200 watts on the iPV3 li.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
they are a usable 2600mAh from what i was told you can't discharge them safely to 2800mAh. keep in mind those graphs are from v1 that were never released. the ones I have are v2 hopefuly he will send me graphs tomorrow of the v2.
he did tell me if you hit the the full 35 amps to give a rest of atleast 60 seconds. that was in regards to 200 watts on the iPV3 li.
I was going off you thread title of 2800mah and the link says its 2600mah..i think that advertised continuous rating is not going to be true.

And when you discharge a battery by using it or otherwise ,you dont want to go below a certain voltage..Mah rating has nothing to do with that.

If he told you not to discharge it below 2800mah then you need to find a new battery guy...lol

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was going off you thread title of 2800mah and the link says its 2600mah..i think that advertised continuous rating is not going to be true.

And when you discharge a battery by using it or otherwise ,you dont want to go below a certain voltage..Mah rating has nothing to do with that.

If he told you not to discharge it below 2800mah then you need to find a new battery guy...lol
lol fair enough, 2.5 volts is the lowest below that it damages the cell I think I may have conveyed that wrong. hopefully he has a spec sheet in pdf format.
stay tuned m8.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So these arent for sale to the public right now?...you were just given a prototype?.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is the only place on the internet i can see anything about those batteries for sale..part of it says is an HE4 which is a 20 amp LG battery then something about HB4 numbers and the mah and continuous rating specs inflated...Im gonna say myth busted unless a trusted source has one in hand us vapors know of and tests it themselves...for now im sticking to my sony vtc 4's
http://m.dhgate.com/product/wls-imr-18650-kv5-2600mah-battery-35a-continuous/229002249.html#pd-103

These are re wraps of LG batteries it seems and the continuous ratings are in correct..thats maybe a pulse rating.

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the only place on the internet i can see anything about those batteries for sale..part of it says is an HE4 which is a 20 amp LG battery then something about HB6 numbers and the mah and continuous rating specs inflated...Im gonna say myth busted unless a trusted source has one in hand us vapors know of and tests it themselves...for now im sticking to my sony vtc 4's
http://m.dhgate.com/product/wls-imr-18650-kv5-2600mah-battery-35a-continuous/229002249.html#pd-103

this was never an attempt to sway you in any way I was merely sharing my gear. have a good one.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Never inclined that was your intention to sway anyone...would be nice if we did have a truer 2600 mah capacity with "35 CONTINUOUS AMPS" but not the case im thinking with these batteries..Enjoy your LG re wrapped 20 amp cells...Whatever it is with this version 1 and 2 of an LG HE4 battery im not sure of.

I can say the HE4 is the same as an HE2 but can handle more heat...Still interested in seeing the rest of your battery mans testing on these...let us know..thanks..Enjoy.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
DHgate is a mess, lots of typos and stuff. WLS also sells HE4s, it looks like this listing they copied and pasted and forgot to change some things. This is extremely common. It's definitely not an HE4, I can tell that just by looking at the picture. And there's no way an HE4 would give those graphs (As you can see since he plots directly against a HE4)

The graphs, if true, show a very good battery.

One big thing to be aware of that I've noticed many of the chinese manufacturers seem to have batteries that seem really good at first, but after a few tests lose tons of capacity and gain internal resistance. That would be the main thing I'd be interested in seeing.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm always up for trying new things. Still don't understand why anyone would want to use a cell of unknown origin in such an intense application.

If Dewalt start using them in their drills I might reconsider. If companies like that only use top shelf brand cells so will I. Plenty of 25rs out there, and I'd trust them 1010 times more than those. Either a false amp limit or they've clawed it back from what the oems would use as their safety buffer.

Each to their own though.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DHgate is a mess, lots of typos and stuff. WLS also sells HE4s, it looks like this listing they copied and pasted and forgot to change some things. This is extremely common. It's definitely not an HE4, I can tell that just by looking at the picture. And there's no way an HE4 would give those graphs (As you can see since he plots directly against a HE4)

One big thing to be aware of that I've noticed many of the chinese manufacturers seem to have batteries that seem really good at first, but after a few tests lose tons of capacity and gain internal resistance. That would be the main thing I'd be interested in seeing.

This your next mission; to acquire one of these cells and test it over a period of cycles..Should you choose this mission and they are what they say they are you will have a new battery contender.:p

This message will self destruct in 5 4 3 2 1 BOOOOM!!!

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This your next mission; to acquire one of these cells and test it over a period of cycles..Should you choose this mission and they are what they say they are you will have a new battery contender.:p

This message will self destruct in 5 4 3 2 1 BOOOOM!!!

I'm running a big battery test right now, so no saying Boom! Scared me. :p

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

that was what the problem was with the first ver. apparently they have improved it from what he said. he's still cycling them to see how they last.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I doubt they are 35 amp continuous but, it would be nice if they had a higher average mah closer to advertised specs ....most tend to be a couple hundred mah or so off as advertised...even the top battery makers.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now the $100,000 question: Are they IMR, INR or ICR?

I'm betting that I already know the answer.

Also, a retest without the fans would be more appropriate. Mods don't have external cooling... Quite the opposite, in fact.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now the $1000,000 question: Are they IMR, INR or ICR?

I'm betting that I already know the answer.

Also, a retest without the fans would be more appropriate. Mods don't have external cooling... Quite the opposite, in fact.
A vtc5 will do 30 amps being fan cooled as well.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sticking with the samsung 25R's and vtc 4's still...not a contender...just another possible 20 amp option if price is low.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sony would make a fortune if they would cater to us specifically...Would be nice to see even just a 2500mah 30 amp cell.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sony would make a fortune if they would cater to us specifically...Would be nice to see even just a 2500mah 30 amp cell.
Sony Vtc6 :) if they could squeeze just a few hundred more mah

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They have new battery technology on the horizon. carbon nano tubes is in it's infancy that shit looks awesome. samsung found some new way with current tech to increase capacity was a post few weeks back on it,.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors