Become a Patron!

Wondering about switching atomizers...

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm very new to vaping, I got a Vapourfi Pro starter kit aswell as a Blackcat Premium Protank kit 3 days ago and haven't had a cig since. (favouring the Blackcat tank used with the Vapourfi pro batery).

My question however is about the atomizers. I have done a little research and found that it is recommended to switch out the atomizers as you switch your e-juice to produce a more pure taste. My questions on this would be 1. Would you guys recommend switching them out for corresponding flavours? And 2. If you do switch them, what do you do with the moist atomizer after you take it out of your tank? Should you try drying it off with something or just chuck it in an air tight container?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. Vape on!

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its not a horrible idea to switch atomizer heads when switching flavors (as well as washing it out). Though atomizer heads are expensive, and do wear out over time. If you want to save some money, some can be dry burned and washed when switching flavors instead.
If youre just going to swap out the heads for each flavor, throw it in a ziplock bag and label it with a sharpee.

Have you considered rebuildables?

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I spent around 120 on my current setup, and that is including 5 extra atomizers for each of my tanks. So I want to at least use this set up for the time being, I'm extremely pleased with my current vapour quality/quantity but I also know I could go bigger and better.

However, I do notice both of my tanks seem to crackle as I use them... nothing too bad but it's definitely a noticeable crackling. Is this normal for this kind of vaporizer?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crackling is normal depending on how you're powering it. Some VV devices use RMS to achieve the desired voltage and depending on the "speed" of the chip used in the boost circuit you'll hear what is often referred to as the rattlesnake. Another cause is high VG juices to tend to pop more.

As far as swapping heads, it is a good idea if changing flavors. I like to change often and I've found it far more cost effective to just have multiple tanks and minimize swapping flavors in an actual tank.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The crackling is normal depending on how you're powering it. Some VV devices use RMS to achieve the desired voltage and depending on the "speed" of the chip used in the boost circuit you'll hear what is often referred to as the rattlesnake. Another cause is high VG juices to tend to pop more.

As far as swapping heads, it is a good idea if changing flavors. I like to change often and I've found it far more cost effective to just have multiple tanks and minimize swapping flavors in an actual tank.

Yea I might check out the vape store here in Halifax and see if they have some fairly priced tanks there.

Edit- I grabbed a Kanger protank 2 from my local store, I really wish I knew they had one in my city before I ordered this Vapourfi pro junk. I also bought a bottle of SpaceJam Astro and I gotta say this is my new all day tank/flavour.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors