Become a Patron!

Wondering if someone could help?

Hey all,

I have a Sigelei 100w and my friend has a IPV2 (50w). Our coils are both running at 0.2 Ohms but when he fires his up at say 15w his will spit and fire really well, yet if i fire mine at 15w it a) takes a long time to fire up b) it barely even spits at all ( i tried swapping batteries etc.) , i have to kick mine up to about 30w at least to get semi-decent spitting and smoking etc. i was thinking it could be some sort of connection issue? or something along those lines, but i have 0 idea what it is! so if anyone could help that would be great cheers :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all,

I have a Sigelei 100w and my friend has a IPV2 (50w). Our coils are both running at 0.2 Ohms but when he fires his up at say 15w his will spit and fire really well, yet if i fire mine at 15w it a) takes a long time to fire up b) it barely even spits at all ( i tried swapping batteries etc.) , i have to kick mine up to about 30w at least to get semi-decent spitting and smoking etc. i was thinking it could be some sort of connection issue? or something along those lines, but i have 0 idea what it is! so if anyone could help that would be great cheers :)
Don't quote me as I have neither atm... But I think I read something about the ipv3 firing higher than the display... I don't think a 0.2ohm coil should be spitting if it's only 1.7v...
I'm buying a sigelei next week, all the stats I've seen said it's pretty on point.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They will say how many volts they are putting out. I'm curious if they both round the ohm resistance the same. At .2 ohms and with both only listing the resistance to the nearest 10th, a little will go a long way. Also, could throw on a volt meter and see if what they are kicking out matches what they list.

Another thing to look at is how far are your leads of your coil compared to your friend's. By leads I mean how far is the part of the coil that is going into your atty? If his is shorter it could have quicker "ramp" up time bc the current is traveling a shorter distance.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another simple way to diagnose whatever it is is to use same atty, not two different ones...

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another simple way to diagnose whatever it is is to use same atty, not two different ones...

That's what I was thinking. Different builds may be the same resistance but will have many different characteristics. A parralel single coil is easier to heat than the same amount of wire split off in dual coil mode.

Can you tell us more about the build you're using?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still thinking with a 0.2ohm build, assuming you're using a lower gauge wire, isn't going to spit and be violent at 1.7v. Pretty close to vaping with a AA battery at that point

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all,

Quit looking at your friends setup. Problem solved.
Need more info:
What gauge wire
What is coil ID
Mount screws can affect it.
Lead length
Tightness of coil wrap
Wicking is a huge piece.
Put his atty on your mod and tell us what happens. Put your atty on his mod and tell us what happens...

VU Sponsors