Become a Patron!

Woohoo! First time DIY :)

tony09

Member For 4 Years
The rest of my supplies came this morning (lol quite a bit more than shown). I'm stoked to try this out!! Been spending way too much money on juice in the two short months I've been vaping regularly. I've been reading my butt off on this forum and google searches. Thanks for all the info that enables guys like me to get started!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450550866.814004.jpg

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the club. Whatcha gonna make? I probably under think it. I take a 10 ml syringe with no plunger. Hold my thumb over the opening and pour to the measurement called for for each flavor, put it over the bottle and reinsert the plunger to force it out, repeat for next flavor. Add Nic, and a little PG to get to 80/20. Fill the bottle the rest of the way with VG. I probably spend less than 2 minutes mixing 120 ml of a 5 flavor recipe. I like doing it this way because it's fast and it doesn't cross contaminate flavors.

Last edited:

tony09

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the club. Whatcha gonna make?

Well...lol long story but I live in the same house as my ex....and she wants straight mango, so I have to keep the peace :) then I'm going to experiment with mango. Probably guava and fresh cream to start. Also a HIC shake and Vape recipe (strawberry & joy) to keep my satisfied while I get my feet wet and experiment. I really want something full, thick, creamy and fruity. I'm dying to try the rhubarb!! But I need some skills before I mess with that.

tony09

Member For 4 Years
Well.....I made several mixes that are all vapeable, but the flavors are nowhere near as strong as store bought juice. My favorite so far is a dragon berry/candy watermelon. Just working with 10ml bottles until I get something I really like. I made 2 of each mix so I can leave one to steep :) I'd say it was pretty successful for my first time. It can only get better from here!!

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well.....I made several mixes that are all vapeable, but the flavors are nowhere near as strong as store bought juice. My favorite so far is a dragon berry/candy watermelon. Just working with 10ml bottles until I get something I really like. I made 2 of each mix so I can leave one to steep :) I'd say it was pretty successful for my first time. It can only get better from here!!
A lot of people don't add the nic until after they like the flavor. It makes dumping a 10 ml painless if you have too. Most can be corrected. I haven't had to dump one in a while. Don't know that I got any better on mixing, just got better at fixing things. On the flavor not tasting as strong, it takes VG a little while to pick up flavor. PG carries flavor better. That's why some juices will get louder after steeping.

tony09

Member For 4 Years
Oooh thanks for that. I made them 70/30 vg/pg. although when I was testing individual flavors I used straight pg. I used 20drops to 1 just to get an idea of how they taste at 5%. Just made fresh coils and they're tasting pretty decent!! I don't have the urge to go out and buy juice :) lol waiting for them to steep is going to be tough..

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:) lol waiting for them to steep is going to be tough..

Tough is right. If you have the ability check out some of the shake and vape recipies listed on VU. Many are very good same day if not the next morning vapes.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Waiting is the worst part of DIY. Welcome to the club of flavor chasers.
Fixing can be fun and you will find your favorite "fixer flavors". Mine is 'Game Over Custard'. If a mix goes south in a bad way, GOC can make it palpable to vape rather then dumping it.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, can get good after steeping Good, sometimes gets great after steeping. Shit, still taste bad 10 days later.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on hitting "vapeable" or "good enough" right off the bat - you'll get even better as time goes on, some of us started out absolutely hating our early work but ended up mastering the process...

tony09

Member For 4 Years
Well I've been mixing all weekend :) this is my steep pile. I made triples of everything. One for my ex, one for me to Vape now and see how they develop, and the other to steep. One stands out above the rest and is very pleasurable as a shake and Vape. It's an FA Strawberry, FA Kiwi and FA Marshmallow. Yummy!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450657226.215149.jpg

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, I'm so gonna use that expression. :D
LOL, I can't think of a better way of describing it. I'm still trying to get past Tony09 making ejuice for his ex. Next girl I hear say there are no nice guys left, I'm sending her to @tony09.

tony09

Member For 4 Years
LOL, I can't think of a better way of describing it. I'm still trying to get past Tony09 making ejuice for his ex. Next girl I hear say there are no nice guys left, I'm sending her to @tony09.
Haha send her my way!! ;) cohabiting sucks....it's all about keeping the peace. At least I have the master bedroom :)

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DIY'ing is a process. Heck we have our favorites and some of them we are still tweaking after a year of making it and adding a drop of this and a drop of that to get it even better. Welcome to DIY.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I must say my first ~3 months of making juice I was happy to have a vapeable product. But now at a year and a half of mixing my own. I make some damn good juice from time to time

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

VU Sponsors