Become a Patron!

Wotofo profile. Can't unscrew the screws

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Subject should say can't unscrew not can but I can't edit it.
I purchased 2, each from different places. Between them they have 4 screws and I can only unscrew 1. And it was loose when I opened the box. Anyone have any idea or tricks so I can loosen the other 3 screws and start using these Profiles? I'm frustrated and aggravated. Please help!

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
If you are trying to unscrew them with the junk screwdriver that comes with 99% of the RDAs, RTAs, etc...
DON'T!
Invest in a decent set of screw drivers, I don't even know why they put those in there. My experience you're lucky to get them to work one time before the tip is worn out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The profile has tight ass screws from the factory. Definitely more force is needed. Maybe a pair of players at the end of the screwdriver
Yes it does.

The slotted red screwdriver that comes in the Coilmaster kit works good. It makes no sense to crank em down like that when by functional definition the device they're in can't even be used until they're loosened anyway. Why?

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
If you are trying to unscrew them with the junk screwdriver that comes with 99% of the RDAs, RTAs, etc...
DON'T!
Invest in a decent set of screw drivers, I don't even know why they put those in there. My experience you're lucky to get them to work one time before the tip is worn out.
I have a nice set of computer tools. I think they'll become my new vape tools.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I think part of my problem is that I have arthritis in my fingers soo I was physically unable to apply the amount of force needed for these screws. Add to it I was using the screwdriver that came with the Profile and there were too many things against me. Live and learn. Thanks for all the info.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have a nice set of computer tools. I think they'll become my new vape tools.
I have a cell phone tool kit that easily could be sold as a vape tool kit :)
Very handy.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think part of my problem is that I have arthritis in my fingers soo I was physically unable to apply the amount of force needed for these screws. Add to it I was using the screwdriver that came with the Profile and there were too many things against me. Live and learn. Thanks for all the info.
Yea that’s tough, with arthritis trying to get the necessary torque on that tiny screwdriver is damn near impossible. Bigger handles on a screwdriver help quite a bit but it’s tough without arthritis. On the tiny screws we use there’s no reason to be tightening them down that hard at the factory. They should be using their own crap screwdrivers they supply with the kit, that way they couldn’t tighten them down that hard to begin with.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used one of my little orange T shaped wrenches to untighten them. Yeah, they were on stupid tight. The T shaped mini tool that come in packages can come in handy. They act like a cross bar for taking off lug nuts. I know we're talking about small gadgets. But it helps with torque vs using the "Barbie screwdrivers" as Haze would call them.

VU Sponsors