Become a Patron!

Would you pay money to see this?

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And if you did would you ask for your money back during or after?...I was looking up some performing arts and came across this
ugh2.gif

2lk5fut.gif

If you didn't ask for money back

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't personally pay to see that, nor would I buy a ticket to something without knowing what I was buying a ticket for.

If adults want to see that, good for them. Let them buy the tickets. I won't though.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't personally pay to see that, nor would I buy a ticket to something without knowing what I was buying a ticket for.

If adults want to see that, good for them. Let them buy the tickets. I won't though.
Oh I know...I'm just asking if the mob here would...I know ticket's at the Sadler's Wells Theatre - London's Dance House don't go cheap

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And if you did would you ask for your money back during or after?...I was looking up some performing arts and came across this
ugh2.gif

2lk5fut.gif

this is what you get when Liberals run the world......

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ummm....
What did I just watch?

I'm all for freedom of self-expression but at some point someone convinced someone else that this was a good idea...

To each his own, I guess.
My money would be staying in my pocket.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sat though a "New Age" rendition of Othello last year at a local university. I still believe the producer and director went to the local sanitarium and just picked people at random to be in the play. They didn't even remotely follow the plot and characters, but made it into a hour and a half of political punditry and belittlement of religion.

It scares the hell out of me, these are the people who are teaching our young folks in our educational system.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a good story on the excesses and impacts of making everything equal and level in the world.
Read it years ago when I was in my Vonnegut stage.
At the time I thought it was ludicrous.
Now I'm not so sure...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i made it around 9 minutes into it...then when the flying oral sex portion began, we all began laughing to hard.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, i watched the rest of it....I want my 15 minutes back.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Read it years ago when I was in my Vonnegut stage.
At the time I thought it was ludicrous.
Now I'm not so sure...
I think Vonnegut predicted Political Correctness before it even started.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Vonnegut predicted Political Correctness before it even started.
Political correctness = conformity of inoffensiveness.
If man had never, in some way, become offended at being cold and stuck in the dark, we'd never have harnessed fire.
A healthy dose of offense is a good thing IMO

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you think he came up with that idea and told someone about it or someone just stuck him out there?
On the contrary, Frank Moore is an extremely intelligent man. At the end of the show he had a question and answer session in which he used his mouth and a pencil to tap a keyboard to give his answers, which were very articulate.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Political correctness = conformity of inoffensiveness.
If man had never, in some way, become offended at being cold and stuck in the dark, we'd never have harnessed fire.
A healthy dose of offense is a good thing IMO
This^^^^

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On the contrary, Frank Moore is an extremely intelligent man. At the end of the show he had a question and answer session in which he used his mouth and a pencil to tap a keyboard to give his answers, which were very articulate.
I know.. I was just being a asshole :)

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is, I fully support the artists' right to express themselves however they see fit.
I'm also grateful for MY right to not partake.

Although the 'flying oral sex' thing sounds interesting... ;):D

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ugh2.gif

2lk5fut.gif

And these guys get a shit load of grant money for this udder crap...:mad:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, at around 6:25 they start pumping in order to get more momentum and go higher, just what it looks like at first.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok some weird shit is getting posted ITT so I'm just going to throw this is the mix...The weird part is her voice is in his head while his finishing

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Every train has its passengers...not my kind of train though. But considering some of the stuff in the modern art world, this is probably like a really high quality performance, and not so weird.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never in a million years could I watch and take something like that seriously. It's mere existence is strong
evidence for those who say we are a failing hominid species.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So we can't have prayer in schools but we can have flying oral sex? I'm confused. No comment other than our society is really backwards.

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk 2

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Art? The guy beating the metal thing with a thrusting motion made me spit out my soda
I think I just died a Lil inside

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ugh2.gif

2lk5fut.gif

Only thing that came to my mind, shortly after starting it, was "what the fuck is this?"

My next question is...Who made it to the end?
I actually watched the whole thing start to finish. But, that might have been possible because I'm tired from a long day of work and a bit drunk so I am *extremely* relaxed right now. Might even watch it again simply because of how odd it was.

VU Sponsors