Become a Patron!

Would you vape on TV?

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi gang, some of you know me from around here on the forums, and a few of you know me for my real passion.
Several years ago, I survived a near-death experience. After surviving that, several good things came about, because of it. I have received a lot of local and national media attention.
I now have the opportunity to be on a national reality-based competition TV show. I am wondering, if given any production input, if vaping on camera could shed a positive light on our cause.
I know the FDA and Big Tobacco aren't being too friendly towards us right now.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? And what would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would do it. I would use something modest and unthreatening to the average Joe. Something like a mini protank and ego twist. Many gas stations carry egos hell enjoy hopped on the wagon and it doing clearos, egos and juice. Raise some awareness and good for you. Blu and enjoy have tv commercials. Why not go for it. The more who vape the harder it will be to get regulations passed.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I could see this going one of two ways.. no one mentions it and all is well.. or they make it seem like you are inhaling toxic gas and portray you to be some drug vaping fiend.. we all know how reality shows setup drama lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No clouds here, it's family-oriented. Thanks

People can get tweaked about vaping around children, so if there are kids around, I might watch it around them. I don't have kids, but the last thing you'd want is someone raising a fuss over that, too.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could see this going one of two ways.. no one mentions it and all is well.. or they make it seem like you are inhaling toxic gas and portray you to be some drug vaping fiend.. we all know how reality shows setup drama lol
That's my fear!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's my fear!

Yup! I would vape regardless but maybe you want to wait until you are off camera.. (if that even happens haha)

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They would have cameras on me for 4 days, to make 16 minutes of airtime

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know the show but curious for sure. But maybe start each show off with a couple vapes and a quick review on good juices and maybe mods. Be quick and then get on with the show. Spread the word when you can! I do and we all should!
[URL=http://s691.photobucket.com/user/Raymond65/media/Fun%20pics/sick_and_tired_green_guy.jpg.html] [/URL]
In the past, I've tried to do shoutouts to several donors and organizations. It's always been edited out, by the time it makes it to TV.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In the past, I've tried to do shoutouts to several donors and organizations. It's always been edited out, by the time it makes it to TV.

yea.. they will edit all that stuff out if its not directly related to the show's content.. i highly doubt they are going to give you 10 min to advocate vaping LOL

again- most producers will look for any drama they can add to the show - and the media is not know for shining a very good light on vaping so I don't think vaping on camera will lead to anything positive (just my opinion)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape on. If it's suppose to be "reality" TV then be real.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would want to put as positive a light as possible on vaping, and the benefits of stopping smoking. They have never edited my clothing. Maybe I'll buy a Vapor Joes T-shirt. Can't edit that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaperjim, I think it's cool of you to get the perspective of other vapers before just diving into it all. Several have cautioned about massive cloud blowing and such. Some people just wouldn't care and do it anyway. Good luck with the show!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Vaperjim I say get up there and start chucking out a fog bank :D

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't change when/where I vape just because there are TV cameras around. If they're actually trying to capture reality give it to them! There's a lot of misconceptions about vaping out there, if people see someone who is responsible about it and who clearly enjoys it that can only be a good thing right?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't change when/where I vape just because there are TV cameras around. If they're actually trying to capture reality give it to them! There's a lot of misconceptions about vaping out there, if people see someone who is responsible about it and who clearly enjoys it that can only be a good thing right?
This is a very good point. If someone were filming my life in my home with people I'm normally around, then yeah. I'm not a cloud chucker, though, lol. That is, unless it's coconut. Coconut juices are cloud producers.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the T shirt idea. "vaping saves lives" wording or something to that effect. Make it hard for them to edit out.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do plan to vape while they are here, it's just "do I do it discretely, or do it when I know it is one of those must-see moments."

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a very good point. If someone were filming my life in my home with people I'm normally around, then yeah. I'm not a cloud chucker, though, lol. That is, unless it's coconut. Coconut juices are cloud producers.
Yeah, I'm not a cloud chucked either. But it would be nice if a main-stream plain old regular-guy was puffing on some juice. I fit that that description well.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the T shirt idea. "vaping saves lives" wording or something to that effect. Make it hard for them to edit out.
Love that wording.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all involved, I have not signed a non-disclosure as of yet. But I know that I will have to, so sorry if my comments come across a little vague.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those who keep saying they are trying to show 'reality' - what reality show ACTUALLY shows reality? lets me serious - they are all scripted

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A vaping Tee shirt would be great.

Kiss It.jpg

But perhaps not this one:p

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those who keep saying they are trying to show 'reality' - what reality show ACTUALLY shows reality? lets me serious - they are all scripted
From what I understand. Most of the filming time would be to get a little history into the participants and projects. There will be certain tasks that are monumental, and will definitely air. During those monumental tasks, my hands would be busy and I couldn't have a mod dangling from my lips. Though the thought is hilarious.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand. Most of the filming time would be to get a little history into the participants and projects. There will be certain tasks that are monumental, and will definitely air. During those monumental tasks, my hands would be busy and I couldn't have a mod dangling from my lips. Though the thought is hilarious.

You need one of these @Vaperjim
gas_mask_3_by_kryminalistycy_stock-d5g9mf8.jpg
Problem solved.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.15 ohm clouds all over is what I say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After giving this more thought. I would not have smoked on camera, so probably won't vape either. Will wear a vape tshirt though, just can't find a fun one. Any ideas?

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi gang, some of you know me from around here on the forums, and a few of you know me for my real passion.
Several years ago, I survived a near-death experience. After surviving that, several good things came about, because of it. I have received a lot of local and national media attention.
I now have the opportunity to be on a national reality-based competition TV show. I am wondering, if given any production input, if vaping on camera could shed a positive light on our cause.
I know the FDA and Big Tobacco aren't being too friendly towards us right now.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? And what would you do?

First and foremost I'm glad your still with us bud! Second congratulations on the job! Now to the topic, I think if your allowed to on camera, go ahead and vape. It is REALITY tv. You REALLY vape. Hell that's a part of your life. Of course I wouldn't flaunt it (not saying you would), but I sure as hell wouldn't hide it!

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First and foremost I'm glad your still with us bud! Second congratulations on the job! Now to the topic, I think if your allowed to on camera, go ahead and vape. It is REALITY tv. You REALLY vape. Hell that's a part of your life. Of course I wouldn't flaunt it (not saying you would), but I sure as hell wouldn't hide it!
There's a prize involved. Chances are good, I'll be so focused on the task, I won't even give it any thought at the time. Although I am now. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors