Become a Patron!

Wrapping big builds?

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok coil building vets. I'm having a hell of a time wrapping bigger builds such as: staple. framed staple. Staggered staple. Etc. I'm not sure if it's the ribbon I can't wrap correctly or it's because it's just a fat build. It wraps and twists on me to the point of breaking the fuse and making the build look like complete and udder shit. So if you guys have any pointers that would be much appreciated.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok coil building vets. I'm having a hell of a time wrapping bigger builds such as: staple. framed staple. Staggered staple. Etc. I'm not sure if it's the ribbon I can't wrap correctly or it's because it's just a fat build. It wraps and twists on me to the point of breaking the fuse and making the build look like complete and udder shit. So if you guys have any pointers that would be much appreciated.
Just pull really hard when you wrap it and never let tension off of it till you're done.
If it's framed it shouldn't be too difficult unless it's a bad fuse job.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just pull really hard when you wrap it and never let tension off of it till you're done.
If it's framed it shouldn't be too difficult unless it's a bad fuse job.

Awesome thank you. I was pulling tight but would take tension off at times. Gonna go build here in a bit. Another random question from a coil buildin newb. When using ribbon is there a size ratio chart to what round wire is the same width as the ribbon? Thanks for the reply man. I've been a lurker but your knowledge and build skills is top notch hence I'm trying to soak up as much info as I can. If there's any sticky threads or other videos or websites you'd recommend me checking out that would be much appreciated too. Thanks man. Keeps on a vapin.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My team makes tutorial videos on FB @ The Resistance Crew, anything you want to see just let me know. All I've put on there so far is simple and advanced aliens. Search for Alien Tutorial.
I'm @84whiteowl84 on IG
I didn't learn by watching videos because none of the ones I saw helped at all. It was pretty much just 3 people that taught me how to build. Anything you want to learn just ask me and I'll make a video on how to do it. Even how to make simple staples and stuff.

As for size you can just look up an AWG chart on Google. For 0.4mm ribbon you can use 26, 27, and 28g and for 0.3mm you can use 29g and 30g.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My team makes tutorial videos on FB @ The Resistance Crew, anything you want to see just let me know. All I've put on there so far is simple and advanced aliens. Search for Alien Tutorial.
I'm @84whiteowl84 on IG
I didn't learn by watching videos because none of the ones I saw helped at all. It was pretty much just 3 people that taught me how to build. Anything you want to learn just ask me and I'll make a video on how to do it. Even how to make simple staples and stuff.

As for size you can just look up an AWG chart on Google. For 0.4mm ribbon you can use 26, 27, and 28g and for 0.3mm you can use 29g and 30g.

Perfect man I will totally join the group and watch those vids and I've heard of the Resistance Crew, just checked and I've been following Rambo78, he's great at explaining and doing those couple of tutorials I've seen. I also completely agree on watching vids don't get you good at building the things I try and grab from vid is shortcuts or tricks of the trade that the builder does in order to work smarter not harder. Although I just watched a vid last night by Mind Forge. It was his Staggerton vid and was extremely helpful. Like with the ribbon I was cutting 10 strips but he explains he cuts 5 pieces twice as long and does the folding method I just learned about last night, which makes so much sense especially with Staggertons. Well it looks like I need to grab some .4 ribbon and some 30g. I've got .3 and .5. Looks like I'd be smart to grab .2 and .4. Which sizes of ribbon do you tend to grab usually? Or is it totally depend on the sizes of round wire your rockin for the build. Thanks man for replying and helping me out and giving recommendations. Much appreciated. Just added you and the resistance crew on ig. Now I'll get to see more of your fresh builds. Thanks again and keeps on a vapin.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're right some tutorials are very helpful but when I started mindforge wasn't making videos.
There are lots of things people just kinda forgot about when making a tutorial. Like the hard part of learning to make staples is how to stack and handle ribbon. The hard part of aliens isn't the wrap it's how to keep the cores flat. We're going to try to really elaborate on every thing so anyone can build that exact build.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and I only use 0.4mm. I need a low resistance so 0.4mm is perfect for me.
What I go through more than anything is A1/SS 0.4mm and SS/n80 26g, 27g and 28g.
Most customers use regulated mods so I also burn up 28g A1.
40g is my favorite to fuse with so far and I use it for literally everything.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
0.4 is a hell of a lot easier to use than 0.3 stacking 0.3 was such a chore ...which reminds me needs to order some more of it!

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.4 is a hell of a lot easier to use than 0.3 stacking 0.3 was such a chore ...which reminds me needs to order some more of it!
There's an easy way to stack 0.3...or even 0.2.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Join The Resistance Crew on FB and message me. I'll post a video. I'm Danny Mitchell.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I would whiteowl but I don't use social media apart from this forum ...no worries

VU Sponsors