Become a Patron!

Wrecker g2 vs Ipv5 vs r200 vs cuboid vs rx200/s: Need answers asap!

Which mod?

• Ipv5

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Rx200

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • R200

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Cuboid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrecker g2

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After reading about it a DNA board for me just seems like too much work. I like somewhat simplicity. I don't want to have to go online and change a bunch of stuff to get my vape the way I want. That's my opinion though. Definitely great devices though

Yeah, having to use escribe to tweak it just wasn't for me, I am pretty good with technical stuff but it wasn't intuitive enough to keep my attention. Personally I think the FSK board in the G2 is more advanced than the DNA200 anyway and more easy to use once you figure it out.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After reading about it a DNA board for me just seems like too much work. I like somewhat simplicity. I don't want to have to go online and change a bunch of stuff to get my vape the way I want. That's my opinion though. Definitely great devices though
Trust me it's not as bad as you may think. There's a VT133 thread that I'm active in where Steve posted a some profiles and all you have to do is adjust them from there. Once you get the Vt133 dialed in it's an awesome vape. I felt the same about escribe at first but now I'm a fan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trust me it's not as bad as you may think. There's a VT133 thread that I'm active in where Steve posted a some profiles and all you have to do is adjust them from there. Once you get the Vt133 dialed in it's an awesome vape. I felt the same about escribe at first but now I'm a fan.

How does the g2 compare in your opinion and the ipv5? Also what about the battery door?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like both but I like my G2 better for many reasons. It's chip is awesome, it's built like a brick shit house, it's way lighter than it looks and it fires anything. So to compare it to $40 mod like the Ipv is really not fair. Not saying the Ipv is not a great mod that vapes beautifully because it does. I use the Ipv as my knock around mod along with my RX and VF Classic. To compare the two though is really apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just hard to decide when the ipv is $40. I love the features of the g2 and the VT I'm just not sure if I would benefit more from theme over the ipv.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's just hard to decide when the ipv is $40. I love the features of the g2 and the VT I'm just not sure if I would benefit more from theme over the ipv.
Yeah but the G2 is only $75. Is it $25 more of a mod? I would say so but that's a personal decision. Either way you just can't go wrong with either one.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah Im just not sure if the extra temp control features is really something to justify the price for me. I like wattage mode and ss temp. But obviously I've never dealt with kanthal temp because that's the only one lol. It's really down to the vt133 , g2, and ipv.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah Im just not sure if the extra temp control features is really something to justify the price for me. I like wattage mode and ss temp. But obviously I've never dealt with kanthal temp because that's the only one lol. It's really down to the vt133 , g2, and ipv.
Well the good news is every one of those mods is a great one in its own right. So, you really just can't go wrong. You could always just go nuts and buy all 3. Lol. I'm such a vape Hoarder enabler.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't afford all 3 lol. Maybe in time. But definitely not at this point. From what I can tell they all are great mods.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind that the IPV5 TC for SS is 304, not 316L like everyone else. It still works with 316L coils, just have to fiddle with the temp. It can also do custom TCR's but I haven't messed with that much.

The great thing about the G2 is you can just use xXx mode which is all metals mode. No need to switch between all the metals, in fact the other settings are not necessary for me and plenty of others, just xXx and power mode is all I ever use. Once you get the hang of it you can adjust FSK pretty easily, for SS my FSK is usually between 13 and 17% depending on the build and if I want a hot or cool vape. For Kanthal it is lower, usually between 2.5 and 6% FSK. If your not switching between different tanks a lot it is easy to remember which FSK works best for you.

I wasn't a huge fan of TC until the G2, now I only use TC with all my tanks and drippers on the G2 and in power mode it kicks like a mule. The G2 really is a game changer for TC, it has changed my perspective on it in a HUGE way. It works better than any of my other mods for SS TC by a long shot when in xXx mode and with Kanthal it is just as good. I have never tried Ni or Ti with it, I don't like using those metals, but I bet it works just as well.

If you like TC then get the G2, it really is worth twice the price and then some. If you're fine with just power then the IPV5 is a beast and the fit and finish is awesome. It is really that simple.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did know about the 304 and the ipv5. But since tcr is accepted I figured it's not an issue. The g2 definitely seems to he the temp control thing. I'm just trying to.figure out why everyone loves the DNA board. Doesn't it do the same things as others? You just can make profiles and stuff to customize it? I'm not getting what it does more other than accuracy and delivering power quickly

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just read yoy can only adjust temp on dna 200 by hooking up to pc and adjusting profile. Is this true?

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fully decided I will get the ipv5. Now to figure out where to get it from

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just read yoy can only adjust temp on dna 200 by hooking up to pc and adjusting profile. Is this true?
No that's not true. You can adjust wattage and temperature from the mod. You can also put any of the wires that are in your material tab into any of your profiles from the mod. The only thing you really need to go onto Escribe for is to adjust your preheat power, punch, and duration. There are a lot of misconceptions about Escribe. Personally I really like it because I like to tinker. Once set up you don't need to use it if you don't want to.

On the VT133 thread, I posted my Ecig file. All you have to do is load it onto your VT133 to have it completely set up. That includes 7 profiles (! for power mode and 6 different ones for TC). Custom screens, theme, etc

I'm not trying to talk you into one. I'm just saying it's not as difficult as you think it is. If you check out the thread, you can see for yourself.
HCIGAR VT133 Dual 18650 DNA200

Cheers,
Steve.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Deucesjack.... I ordered the ipv from ecig in "silver" hopefully I will like it
You're good to go. Mod hits like a beast. Let me know what you think of it when you get it. I think the silver is the best looking one.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, having to use escribe to tweak it just wasn't for me, I am pretty good with technical stuff but it wasn't intuitive enough to keep my attention. Personally I think the FSK board in the G2 is more advanced than the DNA200 anyway and more easy to use once you figure it out.

It's not that bad anymore.... You have eight profiles you can setup, and then you have different materials/metals/coils. That's ONLY if you're doing TC with various materials! If you are doing TC, after downloading the settings from Steamengine, then uploading to the device, you're done, unless you're going to try different material you haven't pre-loaded. You can change both profiles, and materials independent on the mod with the latest software.

About the only thing you can't change today on the mod, is the pre-heat. So, I make my profiles different as far pre-heat....

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will probably buy another DNA200 mod if there are killer deals for the 4th of July just so I have one before the FDA deadline.......dicks. It still would not be easier than the G2 though. Say you want to try 317L or 430 SS, on the DNA200 you have to set-it up via escribe with settings you get from Steamengine then switch profiles and remember which tank has which SS. With the G2 all I have to do is adjust the FSK percentage while in XXX mode (All Metals Mode) until I get the vape I want, it is 1 step instead all the steps for the DNA200.

I actually don't understand why Hohm has the other modes for kanthal, SS, Ti, etc. when you can just use the mode that works for ALL metals (XXX Mode) even tungsten or whatever they come up with next. The other modes just make it more confusing when it can be as simple as 2 modes, XXX and Power, that's all anyone really needs.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference is one is TC, the other is taste control. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer actually knowing what temperature I'm at. That and if you just load the ecig profile I posted the mod is set up for Ni200, Ti01, SS304, SS 316, SS 430. No muss, no fuss.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will probably buy another DNA200 mod if there are killer deals for the 4th of July just so I have one before the FDA deadline.......dicks. It still would not be easier than the G2 though. Say you want to try 317L or 430 SS, on the DNA200 you have to set-it up via escribe with settings you get from Steamengine then switch profiles and remember which tank has which SS. With the G2 all I have to do is adjust the FSK percentage while in XXX mode (All Metals Mode) until I get the vape I want, it is 1 step instead all the steps for the DNA200.

I actually don't understand why Hohm has the other modes for kanthal, SS, Ti, etc. when you can just use the mode that works for ALL metals (XXX Mode) even tungsten or whatever they come up with next. The other modes just make it more confusing when it can be as simple as 2 modes, XXX and Power, that's all anyone really needs.
That's all I use. Xxx mode is awesome.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference is one is TC, the other is taste control. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer actually knowing what temperature I'm at. That and if you just load the ecig profile I posted the mod is set up for Ni200, Ti01, SS304, SS 316, SS 430. No muss, no fuss.

Cheers,
Steve

If you are saying that FSK is Taste Control and not Temperature Control then I would have to respectfully disagree. Not really sure what that would mean anyway. I do know I am able to vape my cotton dry with my G2 and it regulates the temperature of my coil so it doesn't burn my cotton, wouldn't that be TC? It just allows me to do more on the fly with minimal effort, that's why I REALLY like it.

One of these days we are going to get you to give FSK a shot Wing, resistance and trying to keep to a vape budget is futile :D

I wanted to thank you for that ecig profile you posted as well, when I get a DNA200 again I am going to use it for sure, it is much appreciated.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I consider TC as you select the metal you are using and then set the temperature.

If you have to adjust a curve (I think it's the FSK) curve until you think it's at a certain temperature or until you like the taste, I think of it as taste control.

When you can select Kanthal and set it at 420F and have it be there without adjusting a curve, I would consider that TC.

I feel like I'm coming across as ripping it and I'm not. Obviously a lot of people like it so it must be good. Maybe I just look at things differently. I'm not trying to disrespect the mod or you. I apologize if that's the way I'm coming across. I'll quit posting in this thread.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I consider TC as you select the metal you are using and then set the temperature.

If you have to adjust a curve (I think it's the FSK) curve until you think it's at a certain temperature or until you like the taste, I think of it as taste control.

When you can select Kanthal and set it at 420F and have it be there without adjusting a curve, I would consider that TC.

I feel like I'm coming across as ripping it and I'm not. Obviously a lot of people like it so it must be good. Maybe I just look at things differently. I'm not trying to disrespect the mod or you. I apologize if that's the way I'm coming across. I'll quit posting in this thread.

Cheers,
Steve
Not at all Steve. I consider you one of the more knowledgeable members here and your opinion is always welcome.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

I did not take it as any disrespect at all Steve and sorry if my reply made it seem as if I had. I was really just trying to understand where you were coming from and just trying to gain some knowledge.

I have a lot of respect for you Steve and always value your contributions, I have learned a lot from you.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Received my ipv5 today. Looks great! Pulled it out of the box out some fresh hg2's in there. Vapen at 80 watts and it was great! Switched over to tc and threw on a stainless coil. Keeps saying coil at .05 whether there is a tank on or not. And it won't fire it. Says dry coil no juice. Tried 2 other tanks with tc coils in them and same thing. FML... Guses it's wrecker g2 time.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said earlier, the IPV5 will work for TC but you have to find the right settings. I can't really comment on what those settings are though as I have forgotten, haven't used TC on the IPV5 since the G2 arrived.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went to joule mode. Selected farenheit, manual tcr for stainless steel 316 (92) and this is what it did. So it's in the mail on its way back.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ecig.com said they've never seen the issue. I googled it and found 1 case of this happening.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to joule mode. Selected farenheit, manual tcr for stainless steel 316 (92) and this is what it did. So it's in the mail on its way back.
On a DNA200 you have to put in .00092 not 92. I'm not sure if you were just abbreviating what you put in or if that was your problem.

T0cBNE5.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not trying to be a wise ass but you know on that mod you have to manually set the resistance by holding the +/_ buttons. I know I caught myself not doing that a few times especially if you're used to a dna.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wings I just abbreviated it and deuces no I had no clue of this... it's already in the mail so nothing I can do now... great

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah bro, I wished you would of reached out to me. I bet that was the problem. Everytime you switch attys you have to hold the +/- button and get your base resisitance. Otherwise your starting point is from the last atty you had on. You have to do the same thing with the SX Mini M Class.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never knew this. I contacted ecig and they said they've never heard of the issue I was having. So I figured it was a defect... this is great. Guess I'll be waiting another week to get the same mod back in the mail

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah its not that big of a deal if the coils you are vaping are close in resisitance but even then you are eventually going to get some error messages. Perfect example is I just had my Crown on it with a .5 coil and she was vaping nice. I dropped my Boreas on it with a .14 dual coil build and I knew from the first hit that I forgot to reset the resisitance. So I waited for the coil to cool down and I hit +/- and now it vapes just beautifully.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great... well stupid me lol. Live and learn I guess. Apparently usps has a package intercept option so maybe I'll try that to see if they can stop the package from going out.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah bro, I wished you would of reached out to me. I bet that was the problem. Everytime you switch attys you have to hold the +/- button and get your base resisitance. Otherwise your starting point is from the last atty you had on. You have to do the same thing with the SX Mini M Class.

I've gotten so use to not having to lock the resistance in TC when using a DNA200 that I sometimes forget that I use to have to do it. It's been awhile since I've used anything other than a DNA200. I still have lots of other mods, but they have been retired.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great... well stupid me lol. Live and learn I guess. Apparently usps has a package intercept option so maybe I'll try that to see if they can stop the package from going out.
Lol, don't feel bad we have all done it. At least now you'll know better. Always check here first. This place has an unlimited wealth of knowledge.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've gotten so use to not having to lock the resistance in TC when using a DNA200 that I sometimes forget that I use to have to do it. It's been awhile since I've used anything other than a DNA200. I still have lots of other mods, but they have been retired.
Same here I do it at least once a day. My only 2 mods that I have that require this are my Ipv5 and my Sx.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Should've asked here first but figured ecig would have known... I'm sure the manual probably says it too... my fault completely. Guess I'll see it by the end of next week which sucks.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't believe that happened.... lol I feel so stupid. And mad at the same time. Ecig is just going to return to sender when they get it. They are super helpful and responsive.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't believe that happened.... lol I feel so stupid. And mad at the same time. Ecig is just going to return to sender when they get it. They are super helpful and responsive.
Don't beat yourself up. We've all been there.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just makes me mad I sent a mod back that had no issues and now I gotta wait a week again for it. It was in my hands!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just makes me mad I sent a mod back that had no issues and now I gotta wait a week again for it. It was in my hands!!
Well, it could be worse. You could have bought a bad mod that cost a lot and end up stuck with it. The way I see it after a little while this will just be a funny story that you laugh about. I know that time isn't now, but trust me, after awhile it will make you chuckle. If this is worst thing that ever happens to you in your vaping journey, consider yourself lucky!

Cheers,
Steve

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree! Just annoyed with myself at this point. But yes could have been a lot worse. It's almost a bad thing ecig is so responsive! If they didn't respond I wouldn't have just sent it back as quick and I would've figured it out... damn ecig and there great customer service lol

VU Sponsors