Become a Patron!

WTF is this Asmodus?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was browsing the Asmodus site and see this at the bottom. The larger font, bold and underline was by me and not Asmodus. Sure seems like it doesn't help the vaping cause.

NOT FOR SALE TO MINORS. Products sold on this site may contain nicotine which is a highly addictive substance. CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 - Warning: This product contains nicotine, a chemical recognized by the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Products sold on this site are intended for adult smokers. You must be of legal smoking age in your territory to purchase products. Please consult your physician before use. E-Liquids on our site may contain Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine and Flavorings. Our products may be poisonous if orally ingested. Products sold by Asmodus are not smoking cessation products and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, nor are they intended to treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition. Please keep out of reach of children and pets for their protection. Read our terms and conditions page before purchasing our products. Use All Products On This Site At Your Own Risk!

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I believe all mods would have this same sentence. It’s not been approved by the FDA so they can’t claim to be a smoking cessation product without it, which no one has as far as I know.
I’m pretty sure this is why but if someone comes along more knowledgeable, feel free to correct me.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe all mods would have this same sentence. It’s not been approved by the FDA so they can’t claim to be a smoking cessation product without it, which no one has as far as I know.
I’m pretty sure this is why but if someone comes along more knowledgeable, feel free to correct me.
Didn't think of it in that manner. I guess it's just us vapers who claim it to be a cessation product.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Didn't think of it in that manner. I guess it's just us vapers who claim it to be a cessation product.

Rooster is correct - just one of the many ways the FDA fucks shit up and confuses consumers

I am seriously into alternative medicines and many are sold "Not for human consumption" or disclaimers that they do not promote health because they are not man made pharmaceuticals

FUCKING RIDICULOUS

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

...us vapers who quit smoking because of vaping, which is not a smoking cessation product, but helped us quit smoking anyway, even though many of us had tried and tried with all the APPROVED methods, which didn't work, but vaping did, which is not a smoking cessation product....

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
...us vapers who quit smoking because of vaping, which is not a smoking cessation product, but helped us quit smoking anyway, even though many of us had tried and tried with all the APPROVED methods, which didn't work, but vaping did, which is not a smoking cessation product....
Exactly

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's to cover their ass, much like the lithium ion batteries that say 'not for use outside of a battery pack' or 'not for ecigs'. The way the fda sees it, if you as a company have a product and say 'this can help you quit smoking' or 'this may help you quit smoking' - seems ambiguous and harmless enough, doesn't make a bold statement like 'this WILL absolutely 100% cure you of smoking'. Yet the fda sees that as a 'medical claim'.

What they rule as a 'smoking cessation product', any product which promises in whole or in part to aid someone in some medical fashion. Since they're not approved by the fda or haven't been proven and gone through the steps (or paid enough halfwits in government) that would make them fall in line with promoting an unapproved medical device or product. Like a street grade 'aspirin' to cure headaches. Puts them in legal jeopardy so they have to put that disclaimer to keep their asses out of hot water.

People know that vaping can help them quit smoking but it has to be sold as purely 'recreational'. Just like websites or videos, even vape reviews that lead with a disclaimer 'this video is not intended to instruct any individual, it's for entertainment purposes only. any person who chooses to do something based in whole or in part by this video does so at their own risk and we do not recommend it'. That way the party absolves themselves of any liability. So if some clown hurts themselves they can't go to court and be like 'see, this vid said "how to change your cotton the right way" so I did what they said and hurted myself'.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same "logic" as putting "this product contains nicotine" on bottles of 0 mg juice and on empty tanks. Needs a copy of Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit plus an ocean filled with bloodmoney to be able to unravel all the politics... deontologically correct, politicians like to call it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the entertainment from government officials made me laugh, much to the point of needing to go to the emergency room to let the surgeons put my ass back on. Made me wonder why doesn't the government have a disclaimer for this yet.
Sometimes I want to laugh but also makes me sad. Like the FDA going well this is a new product, this ejuice stuff. So we better check it out to make sure it's safe, run some tests just to be sure. Aww, the FDA cares about us. Also the FDA - oh Chantix from big pharma? Auto-approve. Oh it causes suicidal thoughts and tendencies, homicidal thoughts, creepy dreams and a host of other problems? That sounds unfortunate. Still approved though. Oh we oversee tobacco including cigs now? No need to test those either. We're too busy scrutinizing ejuice.

VU Sponsors