Not open for further replies.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
$140 Shipped Priority + Insured!
RRP $170 + tax + shipping

I just bought this weeks ago and now I got the media blasted version and I'm worried they will start fighting over the 23mm Skarabäus Pro... so it's time for one to go!

If you somehow are not familiar with this very nice tube from Taifun, this is a 25mm mosfet side-fire tube mod with a very cool optical button. The 510 is fixed so adjustments are made via the top cap ring.

This mod has no dings, scratches, inferiority complexes, etc, 9/10 because used. I love these mods and am only selling because I lost my mind and bought more mods in the last month than the whole previous 9 years. Price includes 2day priority in the US.

20210421_181045.jpg
20210421_181234.jpg20210421_180935.jpg20210421_180948.jpg20210210_194410.jpg20210324_145500.jpg20210324_145550.jpg20210324_145605.jpg

Features:​

• Microprocessor controlled
  • New wear-free magneto-optical push button (patent pending photocell technology)
  • Full system shutdown after 15 seconds of consistent firing, as a safety protection against unintentional operation. However, if a long hit over 15 seconds is desired and being performed on purpose, the user can extend the hit during vaping by a short-term interruption of the firing switch (interrupt for less than 1 second).
  • If the device goes in to full system shutdown due to 15 second cut off protection, reactivate the system by unscrewing the battery cap (to open the circuit), and close it back up to boot back up.
  • Electronic switch lock for short term deactivation of the switch. Quickly press the switch 5 times to activate/deactivate the lock. For long term storage, it is best recommended to REMOVE the battery.
  • High performance MOSFET with 0.001Ω switching resistance during operation, means very fast and hard power ramp up on engagement.
  • Low battery voltage warning between 2.6 to 3.0 Volts.
  • System shut down once the battery voltage reaches 2.6 Volts.
  • Electronic overload (short circuit) protection of the MOSFET (detection of a possible overload when the coil is below 0.2 Ω).
  • Additional electronic control of the switching function of the MOSFET on voltage drop in the ON state, as well as on offset voltage at the atomizer in the OFF state.
  • A reverse-polarity mechanism exists due to the design of the battery cap, which physically prevents battery connection if the the battery is accidentally installed reversed.
  • Electronic reverse polarity protection also exists, in case the mechanical reverse polarity protection fails.
  • The combination of both mechanical as well as electronic reverse polarity protection makes the rare case of polarity reversal as safe as possible WITHOUT suffering from deficiencies in normal operation.

Specifications:​

• Unregulated personal vaporizer and power supply unit
  • Outer diameter: 23mm
  • Inner diameter: 18.7mm
  • Material: Stainless steel (1.4301)
  • Total length (18650 mode): 94mm
  • Total length (18500 mode): 78mm
  • Total length (18350 mode): 64mm
  • Acceptable battery size: 1x 18650, 1x 18500, or 1x 18350 high drain IMR lithium battery with or without nipple top
  • LED built in to button for visual signalling of the device stastus
  • Detachable top cap can be replaced with 22mm optional accessory cap for flush fit to 22mm diameter atomizers.
  • Positive Contact: Rigid, not spring loaded
  • Contacts: gold plated
  • Do NOT use additional electronics such as the Evolv Kick!
  • Do NOT stack batteries! Use a single cell only!
  • Maximum operating voltage (no load): 4.5 Volts
  • Minimum operating voltage (under load): 2.6 Volts
  • Minimum coil resistance: 0.20Ω
  • Maximum operating current: 20 Amps
  • Maximum peak current (transient 500μs): 40 Amps
  • Standby current: < 1mA
  • Voltage loss (Volt-drop) of electronics without contact resistances and internal resistance of the battery:
    • Voltage loss @ 10 Amps: ca. 0.04 Volts
    • Voltage loss @ 20 Amps: ca. 0.08 Volts

Key Lock:​

• Electronic switch lock can be engaged by pressing the button five times quickly. Successful lock is briefly indicated by a red-lit LED.
  • Electronic switch lock can be disengaged by pressing the button five times quickly again. Successful unlock is briefly indicated by a red-lit LED.
  • Switch will fire when unlocked, which is indicated by a solid green-lit LED for the entire length of time the switch is pressed.

Contents of Package:​

• Skarabäus Pro mod
  • Manual in German, English, and French
  • Metal tin

Last edited:

Jlmancuso1134

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
A beautiful tube. It will make a great addition to any collection. I would make you an offer but it would be insulting so I will just say this is a good seller who I have purchased a few items from. Buy with confidence because what you see is exactly what you get. No funny business with this seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors