Become a Patron!

X-Cube 2 Issues...

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I bought a used x cube 2 knowing that it wasn't working, but I got it for really cheap($10) in hopes that it would be something simple. The screen never turns on, I plugged it into the computer via usb and it makes the connected sound on the laptop but the screen never lights up or anything. If I put fresh batteries in it nothing happens, but if I spin the batteries around and play with them for a couple minutes the fire button leds flash and go through all of the colors but the screen never lights. If I press the fire button 5 times, and then hold down the fire button the red led flashes on and off for as long as I press the fire button, I didn't have a rda on it when it flashed red, when I put one on the device nothing at all happens, no led, the rda doesn't fire, nothing....

Here are some things I've done, flashed new firmware on it with the new installer, when that didn't work I dug up the old NuMicro installer and tried flashing the new firmware that way. It didn't work either, so I went into taking the device apart, thinking that juice might be pooled up on some of the connections. but there wasn't any anywhere :(. So I dove in deeper so that I could see the actual board to see if it had shorted out, but the connections were still together and looked good, there was a little brown residue around the main negative and positive connections on the board, but I'm thinking that was just left over flux because the actual board doesn't look burnt or anything anywhere.

Does anyone have any advice or tips I can try while I'm motivated enough to mess with it?

VU Sponsors