Become a Patron!

X cube 2 + TFV4 mini = coil problem?

Hi there, i have bought couple weeks ago in Las Vegas X cube 2 and TFV4 mini.
The first week i was vaping Clapton dual and sextuple coil with 80-90wats and it was amazing .
Big smoke and flavour at its best.
But after a week of using the taste was like getting burnt toxic.
So i changed it to RBA coil which was already built, it was okay for 1 day and then the bad taste returned, i cleaned the wire and changed the cotton, it did not help.
I rebuilt the RBA completely new and still nothing, can't enjoy the vape at all :(
Need help, what am i doing wrong .
P.S. After i release the fire button, i can still hear something burning inside the tank.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Welcome to VU... Are you using the same juice all the time? If so, what is the PG/VP ratios along with the nic level? It almost sounds like your running a bit to hot across the board.

Welcome to VU... Are you using the same juice all the time? If so, what is the PG/VP ratios along with the nic level? It almost sounds like your running a bit to hot across the board.
well i used loads of different liquids when i was in Las vegas, from 0-6 mg nic and i really dunno what was the PG/VP rations on them.
I am waiting for my new coils to come, so i hope when they arrive it will be all good :(

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run the same setup. Make sure that between coils or really swapping any tank, coil, or rda on the cube 2... That you hit the fire button to get the "check atomizer" notification. Then put on your new tank or coil setup on. Make sure that it prompts you if you have put on a new coil. Click yes. I always click yes because that adjusts the ohm reading of the coil. If it is reading too high, it will sizzle for a while after releasing the fire button. You will also get nasty flavors in your vape!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I run the same setup. Make sure that between coils or really swapping any tank, coil, or rda on the cube 2... That you hit the fire button to get the "check atomizer" notification. Then put on your new tank or coil setup on. Make sure that it prompts you if you have put on a new coil. Click yes. I always click yes because that adjusts the ohm reading of the coil. If it is reading too high, it will sizzle for a while after releasing the fire button. You will also get nasty flavors in your vape!

I do that all the time, sometimes my mod says omh 2.10 , or 1.90, when actually my coil is 0.9ohm , but when i get it to 0.9ohm , every time when i inhale longer than 2-3 seconds, i get really dry nasty flavour, and it still sizzles after releasing fire button :(

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do that all the time, sometimes my mod says omh 2.10 , or 1.90, when actually my coil is 0.9ohm , but when i get it to 0.9ohm , every time when i inhale longer than 2-3 seconds, i get really dry nasty flavour, and it still sizzles after releasing fire button :(
Wow, yeah whenever I get that burnt taste and the after fire sizzle, I take the Atty off, fire, and put back on. That always seems to fix my issue. It didn't fix it one time and I checked my coils again, RBA, and it was because my cook was sitting throwing off the ohm while firing causing it to push more power to coil. Looked fine on screen but once it fired up, it would change ohm. Moved the coil more toward the center of the deck and all was good.

VU Sponsors