Become a Patron!

X Cube 2

Cloudchuckin Sam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have an X Cube 2? I'm curious if anyone is having problems with nickel builds?

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do and it is working great. Only complaint I have is the crappy app. and blue tooth dropping all the time. I haven't built any cooils yet but the premade ones are working well. Oh have noticed ohms on cube sometimes hasnt registered correctly. When it happens I lock it take atomizer off and put it back on then lunlock. It registers it right some reason.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have an X Cube 2? I'm curious if anyone is having problems with nickel builds?
Have you let the coils rest at room temp before installing the RDA/RTA to the mod and locking the resistance? This is an essential step, so the mod will read the TCR of the coils correctly. If you don't, the build either won't function correctly, or at all.

I do and it is working great. Only complaint I have is the crappy app. and blue tooth dropping all the time. I haven't built any coils yet but the premade ones are working well. Oh have noticed ohms on cube sometimes hasn't registered correctly. When it happens I lock it take atomizer off and put it back on then unlock. It registers it right some reason.
When you attach an RDA/Tank, the mod "Auto-Locks" the resistance. The mod remembers the last build/coil that was attached to the mod, so that's what it's displaying, and if the coils resistance is similar, it will just assume it's the same coil. All you need to do is hit the fire button with no RDA/Tank on and it resets the resistance lock, now when you install the RDA/Tank, it will read the new resistance (so when you take of the RDA to build a coil, just hit the fire bar and the mod will reset it's resistance). This feature is like a two-edged sword. It's handy if you need to take a TC tank off to refill it, the mod will remember the initial resistance the tank had, and you won't have to wait for the coils to readjust to room temp before locking them again. But if you switch Tanks and RDAs alot, it becomes tedious to remember to always reset the resistance.

And just a lil' FYI, for anyone who is looking into, or already has the X-Cube 2, a few things have changed recently.
To update the X-Cube 2 to 180W, you can now use the New Updater (Fixed) on their site, as it is now functioning properly (no need for the older installers anymore).
And the TC Mode Upgrades are now free (used to be $0.99 for Ti and $1.99 for SS), just connect to the App via Bluetooth, and click both Upgrade buttons under Settings.
Make sure to take out the batteries, hold the fire bar, and plug in the mod to your PC (to install the drivers) before opening the Installer. Once drivers are installed, open installer, hit "check updates", then hit "connect", and in 30secs your mod should be updated :D

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run the XC2 and love the thing. TC can still be wonky though. Its leaps better than when the mod first hit the market, but still not perfect. My largest gripe with TC is the time between pulses when you hit that max temp. Cant speak for nickel though, Ive been running Ti. Im about done with TC though. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer a warm thick vape and TC just doesn't hit my sweet spot.

VU Sponsors