Become a Patron!

Xbox one pdp afterglow headset help

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just bought an Xbox one so I can game with my son. I also purchased the pdp afterglow lvl 3 headset on sale. Issue is I can't seem to hear anyone chatting and no one can hear me. I do hear the game sound music etc thru the headset but nobody talking or chatting at all. I've done everything to try and fix it. So idk if it's a bad headset or maybe I'm doin something wrong. I bought my son turtle beach headset and there great but expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
I don't know anything about the PDP Afterglow headset. I purchased a Turtle Beach headset for my XBOX One and it came with the XBOX One Stereo Headset Adapter. I never use the Turtle Beach headset, instead I use a pair of Apple headphones with the adapter. In hindsight, I wish that I had only purchased the adapter separately.

Good luck figuring out your issue. If your headset also uses the XBOX One Stereo Headset Adapter perhaps you can troubleshoot it by trying a different set of headphones to see if they work any better. You may also need to go to System Settings and update the software for your controller to get it to work with the adapter if you haven't already (mine required the update, but I purchased it a long time ago).

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just bought an Xbox one so I can game with my son. I also purchased the pdp afterglow lvl 3 headset on sale. Issue is I can't seem to hear anyone chatting and no one can hear me. I do hear the game sound music etc thru the headset but nobody talking or chatting at all. I've done everything to try and fix it. So idk if it's a bad headset or maybe I'm doin something wrong. I bought my son turtle beach headset and there great but expensive.

I have the turtle beach XO7 and the Afterglow AG9 for my xbox. I'm not 100% familiar with your headset but a few things to check

1) make sure everything is plugged in tightly
2) check the mixer. there is a chat mixer somehwere that will let you blend the game with chat. if it's turned all the way towards game then you won't hear any chat

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the turtle beach XO7 and the Afterglow AG9 for my xbox. I'm not 100% familiar with your headset but a few things to check

1) make sure everything is plugged in tightly
2) check the mixer. there is a chat mixer somehwere that will let you blend the game with chat. if it's turned all the way towards game then you won't hear any chat

Yea I checked everything. I returned them today and exchanged for turtle beach now I'm like fudge I should of just used the adapter and used my bluedio headset would of been cheaper and worked

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know anything about the PDP Afterglow headset. I purchased a Turtle Beach headset for my XBOX One and it came with the XBOX One Stereo Headset Adapter. I never use the Turtle Beach headset, instead I use a pair of Apple headphones with the adapter. In hindsight, I wish that I had only purchased the adapter separately.

Good luck figuring out your issue. If your headset also uses the XBOX One Stereo Headset Adapter perhaps you can troubleshoot it by trying a different set of headphones to see if they work any better. You may also need to go to System Settings and update the software for your controller to get it to work with the adapter if you haven't already (mine required the update, but I purchased it a long time ago).

Yea I agree should of just bought the adapter and used my other headphones.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I agree should of just bought the adapter and used my other headphones.

Just curious if those XBox phones are Bluetooth..or hard wired..thx

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Hard wired. The wireless are too damn expensive even tho I would like them but I'm good with wired

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I tried troubleshooting etc. and got nothing

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can the XBox use Bluetooth headphones?
Don't mean to get off topic but I was thinking about getting the Xbox myself
f410f3839320960ea5d7058918e6010d.jpg
I bought these Bose Quite Comfort 35 headphones ($300 at Best Buy) for listening to music on my phone via Bluetooth..Be great if I could use the same headphones wireless with a Xbox...lol

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That I do not know. Bro. I don't think it would because the adapter Isn't a receiver

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought these Bose Quite Comfort 35 headphones ($300 at Best Buy) for listening to music on my phone via Bluetooth..Be great if I could use the same headphones wireless with a Xbox...lol
No. Xbox only uses WiFi Direct

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Don't mean to get off topic either but that would be cool to find a wireless receiver for something like the Bose to use on the Xbox. Also I've always been a PlayStation guy mostly for the free online before they started charging but I read up before buying the Xbox one s and PS4 pro. And everything I read pointed bang for buck I went with the Xbox. Plus I get to play with my son since he has one in his room and mine In my cave.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I'm the one I think that is doing something wrong. These new headset are doing same thing. I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me but I have game sound. Wtf. It says everything is on

VU Sponsors