Become a Patron!

Yawn, another vaper's tongue issue

Yeah I'm powering through and have no thoughts of going back to cigarettes, but it does kind of suck. I am 17 days into vaping and it started a few days ago. I've already went back a bit and read older threads here and on other sites/articles. None of the advice has worked so far (smelling coffee, lemon juice, teeth brushing, mints, switching juice etc).

One thing worked for about 15 min which was eating these amazing oil marinated hot peppers filled with cream cheese which are sold at the grocery store. That woke my taste buds up for a few minutes but then they shut right back off.

On a positive note: We have bought lots of juices to experiment with flavors (I am being extremely nice saying this...it's actually my husband needing all this experimenting...I know what I like and knew before I even started!). Anyway...this has resulted in us acquiring quite a few juices he/we do not like at all, from both online and the few local places (it's not very popular here in Germany). But with this vaper's tongue, I am actually using them up because I can't really taste them; yay for being economical :/ Nothing on inhale...VERY VERY slight hint on only the beginning of exhale. I miss my sweet dessert flavors!

I am waiting on a cool fire 4 plus apex set in the mail. And I'll probably get it this week. And won't be able to enjoy it if this doesn't go away! Super best, newest advice please?

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried just vaping no flavor juice? It will go away eventually. It is usually in the first couple of months. Those tastebuds are also changing not only from the juice but, from quiting smoking as well. Along with sense of smell which has an effect on taste. Things will calm down soon.

Non flavored juice is what did it for me. I vaped that for a couple of days and all was back to normal and have not had it happen since. Vaping very strong flavors will not help. I like to dilute very strong flavors.

I found, for me anyway and a couple other people, if you get vapers tongue, continuing to vape flavored juice or strong flavored juice will not help much. You wont be giving those tastebuds a true break if you keep trying different flavors and what not. Try non flavored for a few days if you have not already.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will further suggest water. Drink more. You're probably dehydrated.

Yes I am always dehydrated. But I've been trying to do better (I just hate having to go to the bathroom constantly!) I'll have to check to see if the local shop has unflavored juice. Like I said vaping is not really popular here but the 2 shops I've been to make their own ejuice so hopefully they have some plain, and I can try that.

The mornings are just slightly better taste wise which really made me regret the nasty juice I put in my tank last night. Couldn't taste it then but this morning, the flavor made me nauseous (called tutti-frutti), and I'm actually looking forward to the VT kicking in all the way!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
  • Listerine mouthwash. It helps.
  • Brush those pearlies twice, even 3 times daily
  • Oil Pulling. I do it 3X weekly, helps dislodge the stubborn plaque and calculus (hardened plaque) Use pure coconut oil, more info on the forum.
  • Drink at least 4 liters of water per day. It will make you pee more, but it will also flush your kidneys and the shit from smoking.

Hope that helps. PM me if you need more info or help.

VU Sponsors