Software upgrade/GUI operate

20141014220944_30236.png
20141014221030_42300.jpg

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
OK... so i started with a Vamo v5 (15 watts)... then I moved up to an ipv2 (50 watts)... now i have an ipv3 (150 watts).
I rarely go that high in wattage (nor build below .33ohms) anyway.

So why in the world does all the new tech stuff grab our (myself included) attention?
When does the madness end?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it is getting a bit crazy now, and not doing vapers any favors, these really higher powered devices, is just going to make the FDA make more regulations, because with this sort of power, it's only a matter of time before one goes wrong and hurts someone.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heat controllable and temperature controllable - wonder what the difference is? Nickel wire? Hmmm... Does seem a tad overpowered.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
OK... so i started with a Vamo v5 (15 watts)... then I moved up to an ipv2 (50 watts)... now i have an ipv3 (150 watts).

So why in the world does all the new tech stuff grab our (myself included) attention?

I think its the intrigue of having something that is "capable" of extremes, even if you are not really going to use it .. I never vape over 25W, and usual is 12-15W, but I am still intrigued by the super high watt devices ... and the low ones too :)

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think its the intrigue of having something that is "capable" of extremes, even if you are not really going to use it .. I never vape over 25W, and usual is 12-15W, but I am still intrigued by the super high watt devices ... and the low ones too :)
This is how I vape as well... and sometimes it is oh so hard not to look at every new increased wattage device without a voice in my head saying "I want you". With that being said, 250W with a big old touchscreen has me wondering "why would I ever want that".

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I cant help but to wonder if all this recent temperature controlled talk is a precursor to some sort of FDA regulation thing. Do they know something we don't? Evolve DNA40 and now YiHi sx350 v250... both seem to be geared toward a safer vape (which seem like an oxymoron if it goes so high in wattage) but again, just because it CAN doesn't mean you HAVE TO. I have the ipv3 and rarely use all the power capability. Despite a few things i am disappointed about I sure appreciate the extra battery life though.
I am intrigued by this latest development. I want to know more.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it is getting a bit crazy now, and not doing vapers any favors, these really higher powered devices, is just going to make the FDA make more regulations, because with this sort of power, it's only a matter of time before one goes wrong and hurts someone.

Nailz hit the nail on the head.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think its the intrigue of having something that is "capable" of extremes, even if you are not really going to use it ..
I never vape over 25W, and usual is 12-15W, but I am still intrigued by the super high watt devices ..
. and the low ones too :)

I'm not intrigued at all with the high power stuff , since i know i'll never use anything close to it why on earth should i be paying extra for it . Give me a dual 18650 box mod in the 30 to 50 watt range max . I will pay for that gladly but i'm not paying for excess wattage that i could care less about .

I cant help but to wonder if all this recent temperature controlled talk is a precursor to some sort of FDA regulation thing. Do they know something we don't? Evolve DNA40 and now YiHi sx350 v250... both seem to be geared toward a safer vape (which seem like an oxymoron if it goes so high in wattage) but again, just because it CAN doesn't mean you HAVE TO. I have the ipv3 and rarely use all the power capability. Despite a few things i am disappointed about I sure appreciate the extra battery life though.
I am intrigued by this latest development. I want to know more.

Your paying for all that extra wattage even though you don't use it.

Your intrigued by the latest development and want to know more you say , well thats a surprise , i would of never of guessed you had a fondness for this stuff LOL.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Perhaps i should have clarified. Maybe i wasn't clear. I am intrigued by the new temperature control movement that seems to be launched with these two chips (and wonder if this is a precursor to WHO and FDA regulations). I have no idea why anyone would need 250 watts (or for that matter more than 100) but i respect the right for folks to do so. I pray they do it safely.

I am going to throw a 55 inch Samsung OLED TV in a showing cart, packed with 4-6 car batteries and vape on that....lol.

2000-3000 watts of power.....hopefully one of the Samsung Smart TV apps will be able to regulate my wattage :(

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Actually the Evolv DNA40 board's signature feature is Temperature PROTECTION. Heat controllable and or temperature controllable in this new board sound a little mysterious and perhaps perform differently than "Protection". In large measure this is a apple and oranges comparison with distinct and different meanings. however I can see how it's easy to confuse.

Easy peasy, can this YiHi SX350 V250 new chip eliminate dry hits and or burned juice. That's Protection. Yes or No?

/end

Looks interesting but rather over the top with respect to wattage but hey if it floats your boat then it's fine with me. In fairness, maybe YiHi has figured out a different way which automatically prevents dry hits and burned juice after you set your parameters. Please be safe and stand at least 400 yards away from any humans. /lol /joke

:)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am going to throw a 55 inch Samsung OLED TV in a showing cart, packed with 4-6 car batteries and vape on that....lol.

2000-3000 watts of power.....hopefully one of the Samsung Smart TV apps will be able to regulate my wattage :(

To paraphrase VaporJoe on the DNA 40: Too little, too late bro. I had that setup awhile back, now I'm vaping on a 25kw solid oxide industrial fuel cell. Here's a picture of me dry-burning my latest coil build

maxresdefault.jpg

All joking aside though, I'ts good to see another chip manufacturer focusing on temperature, as IMO that's where vaping is headed.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When i first started learning about vaping and the devices and how they work i thought it was just too much info and i would never figure it out . Endless choices and names and i had no clue what a single one was or did .

Imo the continued advancement in chips and devices is just about manufacturers making as much $$ as they can while this vaping phenomenon is in the spotlight . I think the gear we have today is plenty capable so i really don't get the need to go into temperature control etc...unless there really is proof that it is much safer .

There are not even any real World tests out there now saying that what we are doing is too dangerous and we need to go in a different direction.

I do not discount that ultra high wattage vaping and super low builds may possibly be more harmful to ones health , sounds like basic common sense over vaping at lower wattages but until it's proven why push temperature control .

Seems a lot of people have taken the concept hook, line and sinker though so what do i know lol.

Just my take.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
200watt Beast box is fine... Anything higher is just insane...

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
".... I think the gear we have today is plenty capable..." Respectfully, to each his own choice and as long as you don't smoke cigs that's all that matters to me. It's not about "we" it's about YOU. It's about what each one of us chooses to use. Me and NOT "we"

Technology which solves a problem which many vapers have is fantastic news. That would be dry hits and burned juice. I hope more than Evolv tackles this issue because that can only make for a better experience and choices for those individuals who choose to fix this issue.

I've forgiven Joe, Nitro, and Smokey for their respective specious comments about the DNA40. I'm long past that vid. Why? Obviously, all three enjoy dry hits and burned juice. / lol /joke

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure that some of the temperature control features are targeted at non-liquid mediums. Even legal herbs have specific combustion points that are lower than the vaporization point of e-liquid. Aromatherapy is a market that has been picking up steam for several years but has been limited to "desktop vaporizers" because of the temperature controls needed to avoid combustion.

V2 is also developing a pen device that uses convection for dry leaf mediums for aromatherapy and medicinal herbs.

There is a rather large movement here in the US towards herbal remedies vs modern medicine and it is a market that will continue to grow, especially if there are simple portable devices to make them easier to use.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When i first started learning about vaping and the devices and how they work i thought it was just too much info and i would never figure it out . Endless choices and names and i had no clue what a single one was or did .

Imo the continued advancement in chips and devices is just about manufacturers making as much $$ as they can while this vaping phenomenon is in the spotlight . I think the gear we have today is plenty capable so i really don't get the need to go into temperature control etc...unless there really is proof that it is much safer .

There are not even any real World tests out there now saying that what we are doing is too dangerous and we need to go in a different direction.

I do not discount that ultra high wattage vaping and super low builds may possibly be more harmful to ones health , sounds like basic common sense over vaping at lower wattages but until it's proven why push temperature control .

Seems a lot of people have taken the concept hook, line and sinker though so what do i know lol.

Just my take.

It's true that there are no rigorous, unimpeachable studies yet showing the breakdown of PG and VG into dangerous byproducts in vaping devices at normal operating conditions, but there are definitely real-world studies that indicate this may be the case. It's a fact that both of those solvents, under the right conditions, will break down into nasty stuff like formaldehyde or acetalaldehyde.

Even if the gear I have now and the way I use it doesn't create these chemicals in my vapour, I want to know that my device is not operating at a sufficient temperature for this to occur, and I think many other vapers are going to feel the same way about this -- especially if the results of Dr. Farsalino's study ( which is going to be very rigorous and well designed ) confirm what some other, less well designed studies have indicated may be the case.

As for current vaping gear being 'good enough', it's much better than it used to be from everything I've heard, but I'd be willing to bet that in another 3 or 5 years it's going to be different from what we use now and we'll all be better off for it.

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
The only reason you would need that much power Is if you want to cloud chase on a regulated device. Trying to do sub ohm at less than 25-30 watts is really not using the full range of these 30 watt pvs. I don't think that the higher wattage mods necessarily relate to a disaster happening. If anything it affords a better protection then just a mechanical mod does.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The power escalation will end sooner than later, when nobody has any use for that high power anymore and realizes it's just stupid. I think we will start seeing more bells & whistles like others have mentioned. Larger high res color screens, functions, etc... Smart-boxes. That new YiHi chip seems to be the start in that direction already.

The power escalation will end sooner than later, when nobody has any use for that high power anymore and realizes it's just stupid. I think we will start seeing more bells & whistles like others have mentioned. Larger high res color screens, functions, etc... Smart-boxes. That new YiHi chip seems to be the start in that direction already.

Yeah, the 250W mark seems to be a must, not bad for me, as i vape between 35 - 60 / 60 - 150W. The point that makes me really optimistic and enthusiastic about this PR statement is, that the whole platform is being updated. I would love to see big displays, the ability to built down to 0.05 Ohms like the DNA40, update and syncing options.. Even the temperature thing can be a huge step for some.
That shows how YIHI is into developing, and how fucked EVOLVE is ATM. They are pushing the industry, and i am happy about it and excited!
I wont buy any more regulated devices until the release of the new SX350, and i BET, that the new coming devices will blow our hats away in 1-3 months!!
All the now still expensive clone/authentic high wattage mods will DROP MASSIVELY in pricing.
Great times for us vapers!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the ability to built down to 0.05 Ohms like the DNA40

I may be missing something, but why do people want to put a sub-ohm coil on a regulated mod?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Stehle, just be careful. One of the dangers of smoking besides the Tar, is the heat that can potentially scar lung tissue over time.

I may be missing something, but why do people want to put a sub-ohm coil on a regulated mod?
I know, the nr.1 question most ppl have regarding these chips:
-SAFETY! Protection for shorts, ect.
-FEATURES: -
-Integrated ohms meter (some new devices have some great ones, they can measure down to X.XX, so e.g. 0.32 Ohms instead of 0.3Ohms. This is VERY important for builds down to 0.2 Ohms and lower.)
EDITH: OF COURSE ALWAYS MEASURE WITH AN MULTIMETER/EXTERNAL OHMS READER TOO! JUST USE THE INTERNAL READER FOR CONFIRMATION!
-More batterys = More battery life: ATM 2 X 18650 / 3 X 18650 / 2X26650 are becoming standard at high wattage mods. That can be done in a mech box too, but without all other pros.
-Charging via USB / Passtrough on lower power settings: Important for some, not for me. Magnets are much more important on a box mod for me.
-Coming features like temperature monitoring / limiting.
-For me one of the biggest pros is the ability to use sub ohm builds on both my mech and regulated devices, without the need to build EXACTLY for a special device. So a high compatibility is a big PRO.
-Another BIG PRO is the possibility to adjust the power right on spot. So no dry hits ect., you dont need to adjust the ohms on spot, you can manually adjust the power on your mod. Great for beginners in rebuilding too!
At the end those new high power smart mods are great for sub ohmers like me. No more limitations, like months ago. If you need high power, you have the possibility. More safety and features, which pays off when your heavy into rebuilding. AND for beginners it is MUCH safer. At least good mods, and well informed beginners, willing to learn.

Hey Stehle, just be careful. One of the dangers of smoking besides the Tar, is the heat that can potentially scar lung tissue over time.
Thx for your info! Yeah, i just read about they still unclear negative potentials in vaping. BUT:
-My all Day Vape is mostly between 30 and 50W. My Drippers are used when at home between 50 and 80W. I only go higher with special setups, and not on a all day or regular basis. PLUS: I hate hot vape. I use insulators, heatsink devices, special builds ect. to get a quite cool vape.
-I have a long history of addictions since my early childhood, after quitting every common drug from alcohol to ******, now vaping is the only negative factor in this way. I smoked 60+ rolling tobacco cigs a day a year ago, had massive lung problems at my age of 26, and things are incredibly better now.
-So i know there are still risks, but WAY LESS then before vaping. I dont really have any other good option, as vaping below 30W is much to less for me. Others are good with 8W, i need much more..
-I think these temperature chips from EVOLVE and now YIHI are great options to adress that issues. We will see the whole vaping technology evolving to a completly new way. Maybe the PG/VG, the coils and materials and chips to will be replaced with something new, that is better for these high powers.
-Sadly we dont know nothing for sure. Todays studys are just at the beginnig, and mostly dont test the materials in our own application. Testing cigalikes or clearos does not say much about my and many others daily vaping risks.
I think these new crowed founded studies from these guy with the complicated name (Farsalinos? IDK) are a good step, but it will take some years until we know for sure..
until then, i am good with being conscious about what i do, reducing known risks as far as i can. But my life told me, that we dont die as fast as most may think, and that vaping at my sweet spot and being happy with it is better, then having a bad and unsatisfying vape when i would stay below my sweet spot.

Anyway, these are important questions to face for every vaper.. Thx for the input!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There are good reasons to sub-ohm on a regulated mod. Here's mine:

My favorite coils have between 5 and 8 loops, an inner diameter between 2 and 3 mm, and I like to run between 5 and 13W through them. They generate good vapor and good flavor, and they don't take too long to warm up. Usually, my coils land between 1.5 and 1.8 ohms with 32 gauge kanthal.

Now then, it's all fine and dandy with a single coil atomizer. But what happens with dual coils? The resistance of the two coils in parallel is halved - so between 0.7 and 0.9 ohm.

If my mod doesn't accept sub-ohm loads (such as my Dovpo E-LVTs, which take 1.2 ohm at the lowest), I have to build coils with thinner gauge wire to jack up the resistance. Typically, with my E-LVTs, I use 34 gauge kanthal.

The trouble with thin gauge wire is, it breaks easily when you tighten the screws on atomizer posts - especially posts with a through-hole. So it becomes a pain in the butt to rebuild. What's more, thin gauge wire snaps more easily when dry-burning the coils.

So basically, I like my mods to accept sub-ohm loads so I can make dual-coil builds that are less fragile. It has nothing to do with power for me, and everything to do with build convenience.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know, the nr.1 question most ppl have regarding these chips:
-SAFETY! Protection for shorts, ect.
-FEATURES: -
-Integrated ohms meter (some new devices have some great ones, they can measure down to X.XX, so e.g. 0.32 Ohms instead of 0.3Ohms. This is VERY important for builds down to 0.2 Ohms and lower.)
EDITH: OF COURSE ALWAYS MEASURE WITH AN MULTIMETER/EXTERNAL OHMS READER TOO! JUST USE THE INTERNAL READER FOR CONFIRMATION!
-More batterys = More battery life: ATM 2 X 18650 / 3 X 18650 / 2X26650 are becoming standard at high wattage mods. That can be done in a mech box too, but without all other pros.
-Charging via USB / Passtrough on lower power settings: Important for some, not for me. Magnets are much more important on a box mod for me.
-Coming features like temperature monitoring / limiting.
-For me one of the biggest pros is the ability to use sub ohm builds on both my mech and regulated devices, without the need to build EXACTLY for a special device. So a high compatibility is a big PRO.
-Another BIG PRO is the possibility to adjust the power right on spot. So no dry hits ect., you dont need to adjust the ohms on spot, you can manually adjust the power on your mod. Great for beginners in rebuilding too!
At the end those new high power smart mods are great for sub ohmers like me. No more limitations, like months ago. If you need high power, you have the possibility. More safety and features, which pays off when your heavy into rebuilding. AND for beginners it is MUCH safer. At least good mods, and well informed beginners, willing to learn.

Thx for your info! Yeah, i just read about they still unclear negative potentials in vaping. BUT:
-My all Day Vape is mostly between 30 and 50W. My Drippers are used when at home between 50 and 80W. I only go higher with special setups, and not on a all day or regular basis. PLUS: I hate hot vape. I use insulators, heatsink devices, special builds ect. to get a quite cool vape.
-I have a long history of addictions since my early childhood, after quitting every common drug from alcohol to ******, now vaping is the only negative factor in this way. I smoked 60+ rolling tobacco cigs a day a year ago, had massive lung problems at my age of 26, and things are incredibly better now.
-So i know there are still risks, but WAY LESS then before vaping. I dont really have any other good option, as vaping below 30W is much to less for me. Others are good with 8W, i need much more..

-I think these temperature chips from EVOLVE and now YIHI are great options to adress that issues. We will see the whole vaping technology evolving to a completly new way. Maybe the PG/VG, the coils and materials and chips to will be replaced with something new, that is better for these high powers.
-Sadly we dont know nothing for sure. Todays studys are just at the beginnig, and mostly dont test the materials in our own application. Testing cigalikes or clearos does not say much about my and many others daily vaping risks.
I think these new crowed founded studies from these guy with the complicated name (Farsalinos? IDK) are a good step, but it will take some years until we know for sure..
until then, i am good with being conscious about what i do, reducing known risks as far as i can. But my life told me, that we dont die as fast as most may think, and that vaping at my sweet spot and being happy with it is better, then having a bad and unsatisfying vape when i would stay below my sweet spot.

Anyway, these are important questions to face for every vaper.. Thx for the input!

Wow man , sounds like you have had one rough life , glad your doing better.

BornInBlood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are good reasons to sub-ohm on a regulated mod. Here's mine:

My favourite coils have between 5 and 8 loops, an inner diameter between 2 and 3 mm, and I like to run between 5 and 13W through them. They generate good vapor and good flavor, and they don't take too long to warm up. Usually, my coils land between 1.5 and 1.8 ohms with 32 gauge kanthal.

Now then, it's all fine and dandy with a single coil atomizer. But what happens with dual coils? The resistance of the two coils in parallel is halved - so between 0.7 and 0.9 ohm.

If my mod doesn't accept sub-ohm loads (such as my Dovpo E-LVTs, which take 1.2 ohm at the lowest), I have to build coils with thinner gauge wire to jack up the resistance. Typically, with my E-LVTs, I use 34 gauge kanthal.

The trouble with thin gauge wire is, it breaks easily when you tighten the screws on atomizer posts - especially posts with a through-hole. So it becomes a pain in the butt to rebuild. What's more, thin gauge wire snaps more easily when dry-burning the coils.

So basically, I like my mods to accept sub-ohm loads so I can make dual-coil builds that are less fragile. It has nothing to do with power for me, and everything to do with build convenience.

Yeah, high gauge wire is a real PITA. Best thickness for a convenient use is 0.4MM (IDK what gauge that maybe) IMHO. I would love to use even lower gauge wire, but i am still not a master in rebuilding, and i only get worse results than using 0.4MM. I will get some flat wire, to extend the surface area, without massive low gauge wire.

Wow man , sounds like you have had one rough life , glad your doing better.

Thanks for wishes. Sadly my childhood was even much more fucked up, than most people could imagine or believe to be true. But even with a psychology disordered father, trying to murder my sister, mother and me on about 5 times in 6 years, seeing cruellest violence of rapes, tried bludgeoning to death, fire attacks, and my sister being misused till she was physically disabled, and seeing my father still being free because of him working in law enforcement; Even will all that shit, fucking myself up with borderline, depressions, suicidal tendencies, and a sociopathic disorder; even will all that fuckup, i found my way through all that darkness that seemed to be all life held for me.
Only love is stronger than all that hate, the fear, the depressions. The hope, that someday it will be possible for me, to leave all that darkness behind, by having something inside, that you need so badly, that you no longer care how hard your way may be.. Something, that you can and will never give up, if there still is the slightest hope; something, that proves to you, that nothing is set and done, and everything is possible. Even for me.
I know, that i can only live this dream, when i work myself through all the things everyone with those memories wants to forget. Since nearly 20 years, i am confronting myself with the past, with all the darkness that seems to consume and assimilate yourself. I know, that only understanding of myself and the past, psychological understandings can be fundamental for a stable and healthy personality. Running away, the reflex every human has in this situation, wont help in the long term. At first yes, but at the end it only prevents yourself from self acceptance, and for that reason from therapy and real progress. Sadly nearly all humans in this psychological challenge of solving traumatic experiences, follow their instinct, and sadly the most therapists are quite helpful with small, standard type diseases, but have no real feeling and therefore understandings of more challenging traumas.
I am luckly i found a good therapists, but sadly he currently isnt allowed to work with me, as i am still in methadone substitution. At the end every one with those issues need to find their own way, learn to make choices consciously based on their own circumstances of going a way of self therapy.

I am lucky, i always was someone, who loves to learn, and who believed in science, and was interested in psychology, philosophy, and everything that tries to solve the puzzle, that our human existence is. Without that interest, and my hope and desire to find a woman that i can share all the light and darkness in my; a woman that can understand and love myself just the sometimes fucked up, often understanding, loving, and caring person that i am.
But my biggest luck definitely was to actually find this woman, even if i wasnt ready at that time, and even if we both still struggle since six years, to work through all the obstacles. I know now, that one day, everything will fall off me, even if my history will and should always be a part of me. I know now, that nothing is set, and that everything is possible, even if it is one of the most challenging ways humans every could have to face.

Sadly our society is not even near to the point, where people really could understand, what people with such traumatic lifes really need, and how all people would have to change, to really give the most affected people a chance to get to the point where i am luckily. Most ppl in "therapy" are just learning from their doctors, how to run away from their memories. They learn, how to look happy on the outside, but the life in denial, and in reality their problems are still present, waiting for the next big challenges in life like death of a friend or family, where the problems pop out again, more pressing and challenging then ever.

For this reason of the bad medical support, i am currently preparing to get my high school diploma on the night school, and after that, studying psychology, neuro-psychology and philosophy.
But maybe even more important, i am currently preparing to open a blog, where i write about people like me, about things and people, that sadly are not really present in the main stream media and the conscious of the society. So i can channel my energy in a positive way, have at least the feeling or illusion, i could make a small change and an achievement for people like me, and i can and will focus on learning for my own understanding and self therapy.

Sry for offtopic, but it is a good feeling to write and speak it out.. Maybe someone can have a little inspiration or benefit fo this words..

Thanks @Stehle and @Giraut both your responses make sense.

Thanks! Glad i could help.

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, high gauge wire is a real PITA. Best thickness for a convenient use is 0.4MM (IDK what gauge that maybe) IMHO. I would love to use even lower gauge wire, but i am still not a master in rebuilding, and i only get worse results than using 0.4MM. I will get some flat wire, to extend the surface area, without massive low gauge wire.

Thanks for wishes. Sadly my childhood was even much more fucked up, than most people could imagine or believe to be true. But even with a psychologicly disorderly father, trying to murder my sister, mother and me on about 5 times in 6 years, seeing cruelest violence of rapes, tried bludeoning to death, fire attacks, and my sister being missued till she was pchysicly disabled, and seeing my father still being free because of him working in law enforcement; Even will all that shit, fucking missself up with borderline, despressions, suicidal tendencies, and a sociopathic disorder; even will all that fuckup, i found my way through all that darkness that seemed to be all life held for me.
Only love is stronger than all that hate, the fear, the depressions. The hope, that someday it will be possible for me, to leave all that darkness behind, by having somehing inside, that you need so badly, that you no longer care how hard your way may be.. Something, that you can and will never give up, if there still is the sligthes hope; something, that proves to you, that nothing is set and done, and everything is possible. Even for me.
I know, that i can only live this dream, when i work myself through all the things everyone with those memories wants to forget. Since nearly 20 years, i am confronting myself with the past, with all the darkness that seems to consume and assimilate yourself. I know, that only understanding of myself and the past, psychological understandings can be fundemental for a stable and heatly personality. Running away, the reflex every human has in this situation, wont help in the long term. At first yes, but at the end it only prevents yourself from self acceptance, and for that reason from therapy and real progress. Sadly nearly all humans in this psychological challange of solving traumatic experiences, follow their instinct, and sadly the most therapeuts are quite helpfull with small, standart type diseases, but have no real feeling and therefour understandings of more challanging traumas.
I am luckly i found a good therapeut, but sadly he currently isnt allowed to work with me, as i am still in methadon sudtitution. At the end every one with those issues need to find their own way, learn to make choises consiously based on their own circumstances of going a way of self therapy.

I am luckly, i always was someone, who loves to learn, and who believed in sciene, and was interested in psychology, philosophy, and everything that tries to solve the puzzle, that our human existence is. Without that interest, and my hope and desire to find a woman that i can share all the light and darkness in my; a woman that can understand and love myself just the sometimes fucked up, often understanding, loving, and caring person that i am.
But my biggest luck definetly was to actually find this woman, even if i wasnt ready at that time, and even if we both still struggle since six years, to work through all the obstacles. I know now, that oneday, everything will fall off me, even if my history will and should always be a part of me. I know now, that nothing is set, and that everything is possible, even if it is one of the most challanging ways humans every could have to face.

Sadly our society is not even near to the point, where people really could understand, what people with such traumatic lifes really need, and how all people would have to change, to really give the most affected people a chance to get to the point where i am luckily. Most ppl in "therapy" are just learning from their doctors, how to run away from their memories. They learn, how to look happy on the outside, but the life in denial, and in reality their problems are still present, waiting for the next big challanges in life like death of a friend or family, where the problems pop out again, more pressing and challanging then ever.

For this reason of the bad medical support, i am currently preparing to get my high school diploma on the night school, and after that, studiying psychology, neuro-psychology and philosphy.
But maybe even more important, i am currently preparing to open a blog, where i write about people like me, about things and people, that sadly are not really present in the main stream media and the consious of the society. So i can channel my energy in a positive way, have at least the feeling or illusion, i could make a small change and an achievement for people like me, and i can and will focus on learning for my own understanding and self therapy.

Sry for offtopic, but it is a good feeling to write and speak it out.. Maybe someone can have a little inspiration or benefit fo this words..

I personally have been through a lot of medical ups and downs in my life, as well a short bit of abuse, nowhere near what you have been through, but I can relate on some level. I have always believed that the more we talk about things that have challenged us in our lives, the easier it comes for us to accept it, learn from it, minimize it's impact on our psyche and move on.
I think it's great that you are talking about your experiences and wish you a clear path through the path ahead of you.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for wishes. Sadly my childhood was even much more fucked up, than most people could imagine or believe to be true. But even with a psychologicly disorderly father, trying to murder my sister, mother and me on about 5 times in 6 years, seeing cruelest violence of rapes, tried bludeoning to death, fire attacks, and my sister being missued till she was pchysicly disabled, and seeing my father still being free because of him working in law enforcement; Even will all that shit, fucking missself up with borderline, despressions, suicidal tendencies, and a sociopathic disorder; even will all that fuckup, i found my way through all that darkness that seemed to be all life held for me.
Only love is stronger than all that hate, the fear, the depressions. The hope, that someday it will be possible for me, to leave all that darkness behind, by having somehing inside, that you need so badly, that you no longer care how hard your way may be.. Something, that you can and will never give up, if there still is the sligthes hope; something, that proves to you, that nothing is set and done, and everything is possible. Even for me.
I know, that i can only live this dream, when i work myself through all the things everyone with those memories wants to forget. Since nearly 20 years, i am confronting myself with the past, with all the darkness that seems to consume and assimilate yourself. I know, that only understanding of myself and the past, psychological understandings can be fundemental for a stable and heatly personality. Running away, the reflex every human has in this situation, wont help in the long term. At first yes, but at the end it only prevents yourself from self acceptance, and for that reason from therapy and real progress. Sadly nearly all humans in this psychological challange of solving traumatic experiences, follow their instinct, and sadly the most therapeuts are quite helpfull with small, standart type diseases, but have no real feeling and therefour understandings of more challanging traumas.
I am luckly i found a good therapeut, but sadly he currently isnt allowed to work with me, as i am still in methadon sudtitution. At the end every one with those issues need to find their own way, learn to make choises consiously based on their own circumstances of going a way of self therapy.

I am luckly, i always was someone, who loves to learn, and who believed in sciene, and was interested in psychology, philosophy, and everything that tries to solve the puzzle, that our human existence is. Without that interest, and my hope and desire to find a woman that i can share all the light and darkness in my; a woman that can understand and love myself just the sometimes fucked up, often understanding, loving, and caring person that i am.
But my biggest luck definetly was to actually find this woman, even if i wasnt ready at that time, and even if we both still struggle since six years, to work through all the obstacles. I know now, that oneday, everything will fall off me, even if my history will and should always be a part of me. I know now, that nothing is set, and that everything is possible, even if it is one of the most challanging ways humans every could have to face.

Sadly our society is not even near to the point, where people really could understand, what people with such traumatic lifes really need, and how all people would have to change, to really give the most affected people a chance to get to the point where i am luckily. Most ppl in "therapy" are just learning from their doctors, how to run away from their memories. They learn, how to look happy on the outside, but the life in denial, and in reality their problems are still present, waiting for the next big challanges in life like death of a friend or family, where the problems pop out again, more pressing and challanging then ever.

For this reason of the bad medical support, i am currently preparing to get my high school diploma on the night school, and after that, studiying psychology, neuro-psychology and philosphy.
But maybe even more important, i am currently preparing to open a blog, where i write about people like me, about things and people, that sadly are not really present in the main stream media and the consious of the society. So i can channel my energy in a positive way, have at least the feeling or illusion, i could make a small change and an achievement for people like me, and i can and will focus on learning for my own understanding and self therapy.

Let it out man let it out... Do not be alike a abused Li-ion battery and explode :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

ohhh pretty screen 250watts I like the screen must have for no freaking good reason is this the one with the build in Lazer firing atom splitting collider?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Its pretty thats why we have to have it I like that ad even its pretty...

drunknfoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if it had android tablet functionality, i'd consider buying one lol

Ok I have to comment in on this thread to try and explain some of the real reasons we higher power users want a chipset like this... why it's good for everyone and to clarify an earlier question nobody answered...

The question was on Heat control vs Temperature control... To achieve a given Temperature requires Heat... Heat is the exchange of the energy and Temperature is the current state of that energy basically. So we control Heat with the wattage, and that basically provides how fast we can reach a given Temperature and how well we can maintain that same Temperature desired.

While I do not 'cloud chase' per se, I do like a vape that instantly reaches temp and stays there while I cool it massively by drawing a short quick burst across the coil. A simple 10 watt device can achieve the same temperature needed and far beyond, but cannot maintain that temperature while air is blasting across the coil... ON the other hand, the danger in high watt devices is that if you do not cool them enough through liquid and air, they go way past the useful temperatures and very quickly.

The combination of high watt (to achieve and maintain temperature quickly and consistently) AND temp control is the ultimate way to safely get the vape anyone wants. Want a cool vape and big clouds, set the temp fairly low and watts high and you get a cool cloud... Like a nice warm vape, up the temp... Dont want huge clouds, turn down the watts and set the temp somewhere safe..... How can this not be a great advancement!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I have to comment in on this thread to try and explain some of the real reasons we higher power users want a chipset like this... why it's good for everyone and to clarify an earlier question nobody answered...

The question was on Heat control vs Temperature control... To achieve a given Temperature requires Heat... Heat is the exchange of the energy and Temperature is the current state of that energy basically. So we control Heat with the wattage, and that basically provides how fast we can reach a given Temperature and how well we can maintain that same Temperature desired.

While I do not 'cloud chase' per se, I do like a vape that instantly reaches temp and stays there while I cool it massively by drawing a short quick burst across the coil. A simple 10 watt device can achieve the same temperature needed and far beyond, but cannot maintain that temperature while air is blasting across the coil... ON the other hand, the danger in high watt devices is that if you do not cool them enough through liquid and air, they go way past the useful temperatures and very quickly.

The combination of high watt (to achieve and maintain temperature quickly and consistently) AND temp control is the ultimate way to safely get the vape anyone wants. Want a cool vape and big clouds, set the temp fairly low and watts high and you get a cool cloud... Like a nice warm vape, up the temp... Dont want huge clouds, turn down the watts and set the temp somewhere safe..... How can this not be a great advancement!
Yep I really do need that 250watts Hell I upgraded my IPV V3 to the 165 upgrade so we can vape at below .1 and I cannot even vape that high I guess Im a wimp but 100watts at .1 ohm is good for me maybe 120 but thats all I need maybe custards can use a huge butt 200watt who knows

BornInBlood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No news here on the chip release? December 2014 is now gone even with my bad feeling for time..

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, my $0.02 worth... I regard higher wattage devices as being more capable but mainly more able to perform reliably at lower wattage values (which in all honesty is where the majority of people would use it). If it is truly designed to handle operation at 250W, then it would not even stress the device to operate at approximately a 10th of it's designed ability.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since it's a Chinese product, the FDA can regulate all they want and it won't matter one bit:)

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if they intend on offering an optional space heater with it... ;-)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Color Screen TFT 2.8〞 3.5〞 4.3〞selectable
Variable Joule, heat controllable, Temperature
controllable. Perfect experience mode.
Super power, Maximum 250W, still upgradable
Touch Sensor
Bluetooth
0.05ohm -3.0 ohm
DC-DC 1.0V-12.0V
Software upgrade/GUI operate

Damn, big screens!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think companies should start improving what they already have and end this power war...that would be a nice chip for say anything up to 100watts...Im hoping very high quality 20 to 50w devices become the norm at affordable pricing.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sure that some of the temperature control features are targeted at non-liquid mediums. Even legal herbs have specific combustion points that are lower than the vaporization point of e-liquid. Aromatherapy is a market that has been picking up steam for several years but has been limited to "desktop vaporizers" because of the temperature controls needed to avoid combustion.

V2 is also developing a pen device that uses convection for dry leaf mediums for aromatherapy and medicinal herbs.

There is a rather large movement here in the US towards herbal remedies vs modern medicine and it is a market that will continue to grow, especially if there are simple portable devices to make them easier to use.
A very small reason I'd been considering gettin' a vaporiser was for vaping a light concentration of colloidal silver, to fend-off infectious crap, from bad colds, pneumonia....to kill it off.

VU Sponsors