Become a Patron!

Yihi, Evolv, and FSK from now on.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen a DNA75 mod sell for in the $40's (SMY). That would be one heck of a deal to step into a DNA chip imo.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've seen a DNA75 mod sell for in the $40's (SMY). That would be one heck of a deal to step into a DNA chip imo.
roger that, I paid 47$ for mine new...
but when you have some people who refuse to pay more than 35$ for a mod, they would still cry that evolv is ridiculously overpriced.

-just sayin.

that is still a smoking deal for any dna mod, I paid more than that for a dna40 board alone. Hell, I remember when vaporshark released the first dna30 mod for under 200$ and that was considered a smoking deal!
at the same time, the sig100 was selling for 50$

- times they are a changin'

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
roger that, I paid 47$ for mine new...
but when you have some people who refuse to pay more than 35$ for a mod, they would still cry that evolv is ridiculously overpriced.

-just sayin.

that is still a smoking deal for any dna mod, I paid more than that for a dna40 board alone. Hell, I remember when vaporshark released the first dna30 mod for under 200$ and that was considered a smoking deal!
at the same time, the sig100 was selling for 50$

- times they are a changin'
And therein lies the trade off. Yes, you can get a DNA 75 for under $50 but you can also get the latest and the greatest from all the second tier companies like Smok and Wismec for the same money and they they go up to 250 watts. Do these companies do tc as well as a DNA? Imo absolutely not. However, a ton of vapers don't even do tc. Lots of vapers are just stuck on wattage mode because it's all they know and feel comfortable with. How many reviewers do you hear say "I only vape in wattage mode"? Almost all of them. That's why it took so long for the 213 to be exposed. Daniel from Djslb Vapes and Phil Busardo might be the only main stream reviewers that actually vape in tc. So if you're one of those people that just like to vape in wattage mode but want to do it on a regulated mod then those mods will suit you just fine. At the same time they do a more than serviceable job with tc. So, you can see why a lot of those mods do indeed sell like hotcakes. That being said, it does look like a lot of the aforementioned second tier companies are stepping up their tc game. Everyone's saying the TC on the new Smok Alien is on point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And therein lies the trade off. Yes, you can get a DNA 75 for under $40 but you can also get the latest and the greatest from all the second tier companies like Smok and Wismec for the same money and they they go up to 250 watts. Do these companies do tc as well as a DNA? Imo absolutely not. However, a ton of vapers don't even do tc. Lots of vapers are just stuck on wattage mode because it's all they know and feel comfortable with. How many reviewers do you hear say "I only vape in wattage mode"? Almost all of them. That's why it took so long for the 213 to be exposed. Daniel from Djslb Vapes and Phil Busardo might be the only main stream reviewers that actually vape in tc. So if you're one of those people that just like to vape in wattage mode but want to do it on a regulated mod then those mods will suit you just fine. At the same time they do a more than serviceable job with tc. So, you can see why a lot of those mods do indeed sell like hotcakes. That being said, it does look like a lot of the aforementioned second tier companies are stepping up their tc game. Everyone's saying the TC on the new Smok Alien is on point.

you are a hundred percent correct from a performance standpoint. I would even go a step farther, and say for wattage mode the 213 offers more performance than the dna- as does the sx series of boards.

I would still argue that from a physical, and component level, the evolv boards are superior as are the top tier yihi boards- I have not seen an fsk board out of a mod to know yet, but I'm sure from what I have read they are also made as well- as are prorape's.

the one gripe I have had since day 1 of the dna 200 was lack of Kanthal ramp up (which can only be done by tricking escribe).

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the one gripe I have had since day 1 of the dna 200 was lack of Kanthal ramp up (which can only be done by tricking escribe).

How do you trick escribe into a kanthal ramp up? That's my biggest gripe with the DNA as well, adding a ramp up seems like something simple they could have added since it is available in the TC modes.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How do you trick escribe into a kanthal ramp up? That's my biggest gripe with the DNA as well, adding a ramp up seems like something simple they could have added since it is available in the TC modes.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
there is a Kanthal .csv file that you can put it... just set your temp to 600 and adjust the rest in escribe like anything else.

I cant upload a .csv but here is the .txt file

Attachments

• Kanthal preheat.txt
    165 bytes · Views: 5

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree and think that used to be true up until a few months ago. I would definitely put the DNA 75 in the Toyota class. Especially since some of those mods can be had for under $50. It's a pretty smart move by Evolv. They're looking to expand their base to the lower wattage, lower priced segment of the market. Definitely a brilliant way to get new vapers involved in a less intimidating mod while at the same time introducing them to the virtues of the DNA.

I love my Toyota. Take it to work everyday.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You quoted the wrong guy about the Toyota. Firebird brought that one up not me. Lol. For the record I have nothing against Toyotas. I had a Camry with almost 300,000 miles on her before she died.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lmao!! I wasn't insulting anyone's car.... jus sayin, its a good safe reliable vehicle that will get you from where you are to where you are going.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lmao!! I wasn't insulting anyone's car.... jus sayin, its a good safe reliable vehicle that will get you from where you are to where you are going.
Lol, that's the way I took it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

that is the way I meant it...
I wasnt demeaning the brand or the board.
just trying to compare something safe and reliable with good service and an affordable price to something more on the cutting edge, feature filled and expensive.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Except remember that one time when Toyota gas pedals were messed up and people died over it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get this. Toyota is a great car but the Lexus is the higher line of it. Infiniti just really stepped it up though with the RS400. Tesla, FSK just a Niche market. Both great but not for everyone. DNA 250 is more like the AMG Mercedes. In price at least. Both of those have seen plenty of junk though. Some very good too. Yihi makes Toyota and Lexus versions as was said. I guess the DNA 75 is their Toyota. Don't get me wrong though Toyota and Honda are nearly bullet proof. Just not the Toys/speed on the higher lines. I don't count Acura because you get the Honda reliability but it is hardly above an Accord.

Yeah very interesting that every Toyota suddenly broke as GM went bankrupt. Conspiracy anyone?

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You quoted the wrong guy about the Toyota. Firebird brought that one up not me. Lol. For the record I have nothing against Toyotas. I had a Camry with almost 300,000 miles on her before she died.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
LOL. I was trying to make a play on words about taking my DNA 75 to work with me everyday. Never took it as a,slam on Toyota ( and I do drive a Toyota also) :D:p:D

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said Toyota and Honda nearly bullet proof. Heck even a ford today is a good car. You want a real piece of crap go spend 200 grand on a Benz. How fucking ironic is that? Trust me I am currently living this nightmare. Can't sell it because it is worth half that 2 years later. I am sure y'all feel very sorry for me!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have a lexus is250 and nissan titan. Before that I had a 350z no issues with any of them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The truth is pretty much any car after 2005 is fine these days. You would be surprised how good Hyundai/Kia is.

Interested in the Infiniti RS400, will smoke 370Z but not close to a GT-R. I bet it hangs with an M3 though and nicer interior. Probably does not handle like it but AWD who knows. It is in Lexus F territory I bet and 20 grand less loaded. I love thinking about cars.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Really insightful read guys thanks

Ok desert island question (one that has batteries, all your favourite juices and recharge points lol)

If you could on take one of the following what would it be

Hohm wrecker G2
YiHi mini G or Q class
Vaporshark DNA 250 (can choose a different one if better just needs to be 250)

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Ok desert island question (one that has batteries, all your favourite juices and recharge points lol)

Hohm wrecker G2
YiHi mini G class
I'll be able to answer that once my G Class and Triade arrive.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Hohm wrecker G2
YiHi mini G class
I don't have a yihi but I'd take the G2 personally. I do have a few DNA mods and a few FSK mods.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I consider all mods not based on the DNA or Yihi as throwaway mods warranty no warranty ohh well.. the FSK appears OK my G2 works fine I just never bonded with it maybe because of the oddball looks :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I consider all mods not based on the DNA or Yihi as throwaway mods warranty no warranty ohh well.. the FSK appears OK my G2 works fine I just never bonded with it maybe because of the oddball looks :)

If you had to pick one of those scary what would it be?

Last edited:

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hohm wrecker G2
YiHi mini G class
I don't think that there could possibly be a unanimous answer to this question. Each type of device does something reasonably better than the others.

The nice thing is that there is a DNA 250 mod that will appeal to almost anyone. The G class and the G2, not so much.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you had to pick one of those scary what would it be?
i really cant man they are all different beasts to give you an example on my DNA mods I use RDA's the YIHI'S are my out and about run around mods the FSK is just a good all rounder my other mods I use outdoors and working in the garage they all to me have a purpose and I use them accordingly. picking one is impossible for me

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't think that there could possibly be a unanimous answer to this question. Each type of device does something reasonably better than the others.

The nice thing is that there is a DNA 250 mod that will appeal to almost anyone. The G class and the G2, not so much.
anyone but mac users as they can't program it without running a VM ;)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 4 DNA mods but my favorite is the Finder 167.

I only have 2 higher end Yihi mods, an older custom with SX350J and a new SXMini Q Mini with the 450J Bluetooth board.

I have both the G2 and Slice.

I have only been using the new Q Mini for about a week. Solid device, well built and a real good vape so far but really haven't dived down into the settings yet.

The Finder is the best DNA device I have ever had, prefer it over my Triade DNA250. Love the build quality and performance, it is one of my favorite mods easily.

Looks wise the Finder is the king followed by the Q Mini, Slice than the G2.

If I was on a desert island with no pc to make escribe changes and a variety of coils from kanthal, nichrome and SS then the decision would be easy, the G2 everytime. It is the most flexible of the 3 mods and easiest tweak, no pc needed. It is the ugliest though, if I feel I need a little style then the Slice would be it.

You can't really go wrong with any of them though, picking one of the others would be a right choice as well.

6e3af618321204ab85c0dff95e9290b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really REALLY like the look of the Finder. Just can't help wondering if somehow you could sneak a 1,300 mAh LiPo in there to take it up to its full potential.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seems ill have 3 of these boards..Bought a used SX mini with the Yihi SX350 board.,IPV400 with an SX 330 I think?...IPVD3S with the sx150 board and if I ever get I, an IPV5 with an sx board....An Hcigar HT75 with a DNA 75 board and a Hohm Slice with an FSK board...Think I want a Therion 166w and ill be happy with mods for a bit...I have a bunch of other mods as back ups if needed...I left myself stuck and having to carry around a mech mod all the time..Never again...Backups: Smok Alien, Joyetech Cuboid 150, Laisimo L1 (really like this mod), plus others

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I own all these chips in various boxes along with the Wismec/EVic chips.
When I am at home I use different mods from day to day.
When I leave for a trip, an HCigar DNA always seems to follow me.
For backup on long trips, a Volcano 75 DNA goes as well.
I hear the 'no PC no vape' stuff, but, I don't change settings that require a PC from day to day. My metal doesn't change, I have all the metals I use installed in profiles. But then, I use one type of tank until I find a tank I like better. For those who do a low wattage coil then swap to a monster, I can see where you'd need to make changes. Or, you could just have SS-lo and SS-hi profiles to handle that without a PC.

Anyway, that's the mod I take along to the desert island. DNA 250. And my current tank, the OBS Engine Nano. Lovely single coil tank.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A desert island? I don't even have to think about my answer- Dovpo Guardian 1.5, it vapes decent enough, but take the tank off and it could be a projectile for hunting food, used to hammer shit together for a shelter, cracking coconuts and shellfish open, punching monkeys in the face, whatever. And if some aspiring country trying to get in the arms race and uses the island as a nuke test site, it'll survive that too.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would want to see the FSK boards out as long as the Yihi and DNA before even thinking about calling it a reliable board..I tried both the FSK today at work and when I got home the DNA 75....In all honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the FSK board..How the LED display is laid out and the feel and sound of the buttons to me just felt cheapish..My Slice read a 100 percent fully charged 26650 as being only 95% charged? when it was a full 4.2v fresh off the charger?...I tried TC in kanthal mode only to get a message that my Atomizer was damaged?...Went back to power mode and it worked fine...I just wasn't blown away by the FSK board at all...It may have features and do things others haven't come out with but im not fully sold on it as of yet

So far im more happy with both the Yihi and DNA boards ive tried and probably leaning towards liking the DNA over everything so far.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I would want to see the FSK boards out as long as the Yihi and DNA before even thinking about calling it a reliable board..I tried both the FSK today at work and when I got home the DNA 75....In all honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the FSK board..How the LED display is laid out and the feel and sound of the buttons to me just felt cheapish..My Slice read a 100 percent fully charged 26650 as being only 95% charged? when it was a full 4.2v fresh off the charger?...I tried TC in kanthal mode only to get a message that my Atomizer was damaged?...Went back to power mode and it worked fine...I just wasn't blown away by the FSK board at all...It may have features and do things others haven't come out with but im not fully sold on it as of yet

So far im more happy with both the Yihi and DNA boards ive tried and probably leaning towards liking the DNA over everything so far.
Did you reset the resistance? sounds like you didn't reset the resistance. That would explain the damaged atomizer message.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i
Did you reset the resistance? sounds like you didn't reset the resistance. That would explain the damaged atomizer message.
ll have to check into that but no I don't think I reset any resistance..didn't know it was needed.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i

ll have to check into that but no I don't think I reset any resistance..didn't know it was needed.
The Fsk board has a slight learning curve. It's not steep by any means but it's there. I would highly recommend checking out the pinned post for new FSK users.

@mjag

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i

here is the pinned user guide thread
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147/

for a short answer. when putting an atty on it make sure the atty is room temp (duh i'm sure you know that already but still i'll point it out for new people that might read this) and 2 press the fire button with no atty on until it says connect atomizer. then screw the atty on and hit the fire button again and then your resistance is set.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
here is the pinned user guide thread
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2-and-slice-first-time-users-guide.292147/

for a short answer. when putting an atty on it make sure the atty is room temp (duh i'm sure you know that already but still i'll point it out for new people that might read this) and 2 press the fire button with no atty on until it says connect atomizer. then screw the atty on and hit the fire button again and then your resistance is set.
This/\/\/\. Otherwise you may be using the old atty's resistance, hence the error message.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
A desert island? I don't even have to think about my answer- Dovpo Guardian 1.5, it vapes decent enough, but take the tank off and it could be a projectile for hunting food, used to hammer shit together for a shelter, cracking coconuts and shellfish open, punching monkeys in the face, whatever. And if some aspiring country trying to get in the arms race and uses the island as a nuke test site, it'll survive that too.

lol

:giggle::cheers:

VU Sponsors