Become a Patron!

Yihi, Evolv, and FSK from now on.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah that is about the only decent review of these you can find
and thats with the pwm chip
i took a risk on this but bought from ebay and knew i could force a return if needed
but i was quite happy
like i said before first one i got off ebay was like 61 shipped
and now for 51 shipped from a place like vaporbeast......
these are one hell of a deal. they are extremely similar to the hexohm v2.1 but with an led and master on off switch
2 things lacking on the hexohm v2.1 imho

but you get it for like 1/3rd the price of a hexohm
and you can if your up to it, make this thing last forever regardless of the fda. everything in it excpet the 510 is sold in other industries for 1000's of other applications and each part is abut $5-$20 retail

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They did!! This is tough shit!
I got this flask133 from them on release day
Dropped it from the truck and it fell off my lap a few times
0FF721B0-E87A-411D-BFAB-55F280591D0E_zpsfn8suz7h.jpg
6DCFC27D-0AB8-4AE7-B44D-640621723DA7_zpsz3wksjcm.jpg

Mine isn't very old and it's already peeling...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would contact them. They are supposed to have excellent CS. They would probably let you exchange it. IMO that should not be happening!

Cheers,
Steve

Once I get home from vacation I'll be sending it back to have the button fixed, I suppose I'll ask them about the finish as well.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 60613 View attachment 60614[/QUOTE]
Do what steve said
Contact CS ... if its less than 6 months old and depending on born on date they may just swap it out.

That shit not supposed to happen at all. it did with the first few runs if the 40s but not anymore.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Once I get home from vacation I'll be sending it back to have the button fixed, I suppose I'll ask them about the finish as well.
check pm

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I gotta give it up to Vape Forward. Not only did they replace my mod that was out of warranty but they replaced it with a mod that is in far better shape than the one I sent them. All I sent them was the mod (at my expense) and in return (at their expense) I got a mod that has a little chip on the bottom of the battery door. The one I sent them back had many. The replacement mod came in a retail box with a new charge cable as well. They could have done the same exact thing Innokin did to me and said sorry you're just shit out of luck the mod is out of warranty, but they didn't. They stood behind their product. Big ups to Vape Forward. I would never ever hesitate from buying another product from them again. Good on you VF this is exactly how you create customer loyalty. Other mod manufacturers need to take note.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Bad door, chopped paint, chassis that move when pressing fire button. They said they couldn't five me a replacement because the redesign to fix the door was completely new. Whatever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bad door, chopped paint, chassis that move when pressing fire button. They said they couldn't five me a replacement because the redesign to fix the door was completely new. Whatever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Wow, very suprised to hear that. That has not been any where near my experience with them. Do you mind if I ask who you dealt with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having trouble deciding on the Q-class. I really like yihi but I do not like the size and shape of that mod. I do know it is most likely rock solid though. You can't really compare it to DNA. Everything is on the screen no computer needed. On the other hand it does not do quite as much. That is fine with me. I just can't decide if I like it physically.

OT and a big warning about this: I find many 18650 mods the battery wrapper is thick enough enough to not allow the batteries to make good contact. I strip mine and finish them with automotive acrylic. I would absolutely not do that if you are not sure of what you are doing! I do know what I am doing but I am warning if you mess that up you can be killed! Plus you need a respirator to apply pro acrylic and a license to get it. Do not use auto store stuff! Then you must test to be sure there is absolutely no bare spots. I can do this and it works great. I strongly advise most people not to attempt that. It is just that sometimes it is a perfect solution to contact issues but can be extremely dangerous. I am saying what I do I am not saying anyone else should! Completely at your own risk and a dead short is no joke.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am having trouble deciding on the Q-class. I really like yihi but I do not like the size and shape of that mod. I do know it is most likely rock solid though. You can't really compare it to DNA. Everything is on the screen no computer needed. On the other hand it does not do quite as much. That is fine with me. I just can't decide if I like it physically.

OT and a big warning about this: I find many 18650 mods the battery wrapper is thick enough enough to not allow the batteries to make good contact. I strip mine and finish them with automotive acrylic. I would absolutely not do that if you are not sure of what you are doing! I do know what I am doing but I am warning if you mess that up you can be killed! Plus you need a respirator to apply pro acrylic and a license to get it. Do not use auto store stuff! Then you must test to be sure there is absolutely no bare spots. I can do this and it works great. I strongly advise most people not to attempt that. It is just that sometimes it is a perfect solution to contact issues but can be extremely dangerous. I am saying what I do I am not saying anyone else should! Completely at your own risk and a dead short is no joke.
I hear ya bro, I love the Yihi board but I'm not a fan of that mod. To tall and ugly. Very dissapointed when I got a chance to hold one.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hear ya bro, I love the Yihi board but I'm not a fan of that mod. To tall and ugly. Very dissapointed when I got a chance to hold one.

^^^ agreed %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
^^^ agreed %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why they just didn't take the SX Mini and add another battery to it on the backside. That would have been a real winner especially if they had the same build quality on it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know why they just didn't take the SX Mini and add another battery to it on the backside. That would have been a real winner especially if they had the same build quality on it.
typical corporate decision, make a product with great build quality. then "improve on it" with lesser quality materials and sell it for a bit more.

I do agree though, the ML in battle axe mode was a fantastic vape. I couldn't get past holding the long hard tube with a bug head up to my mouth.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
typical corporate decision, make a product with great build quality. then "improve on it" with lesser quality materials and sell it for a bit more.

I do agree though, the ML in battle axe mode was a fantastic vape. I couldn't get past holding the long hard tube with a bug head up to my mouth.
Lmfao, that tube had to be one of the stupidest vape accessories I have ever seem. Smfh!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lmfao, that tube had to be one of the stupidest vape accessories I have ever seem. Smfh!

tell me about it. I have two of them. I had to call vapinart looking for the first one, when they first came out.
I should have known something was up when they started laughing at me for asking.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to prefer anything that takes 18650's. Lipo's are hard to come by since there are so many different ones. Plus some mods you actually have to destroy them to get to the battery. The worst you might get on a DNA or YIHI device is tarnshed contacts you just buff/polish. Can always get batteries though. Although that might be becoming harder now with new stupid laws. Also sometimes a battery sled wil crack at the contacts. Rendering the mod non functioning. Since the sleds are ABS or nylon you just use Testors! These are much more serviceable. Anything can go wrong of course. On the other hand some mods are just crap. You know which ones I mean. Like I have not said it 100 times already.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to prefer anything that takes 18650's. Lipo's are hard to come by since there are so many different ones. Plus some mods you actually have to destroy them to get to the battery. The worst you might get on a DNA or YIHI device is tarnshed contacts you just buff/polish. Can always get batteries though. Although that might be becoming harder now with new stupid laws. Also sometimes a battery sled wil crack at the contacts. Rendering the mod non functioning. Since the sleds are ABS or nylon you just use Testors! These are much more serviceable. Anything can go wrong of course. On the other hand some mods are just crap. You know which ones I mean. Like I have not said it 100 times already.
I've always preferred removal batteries over lipos. I owned one lipo mod and that was enough for me.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like Yihi quality since they tend to build the whole thing. They have control over the design. That being said the DNA 200 is superior in every way. Buck only. Better regulation. More efficient. Wider voltage range. Most importantly much more control with Escribe to tailor your vaping experience. I would recommend it for advanced users. The issue lies in many companies take the board and slap together a piece of crap. However even the SX Mini Q-Class has some minor issues like doors not fitting well. If you are really a gear head about this there is currently only one clear choice. The Yihi is great for plug 'n play. I would still have got it had it had a better shape. The 3x18650 DNA mods are also quite large but fit in the hand much better due to them being a Triangle. I am not hating on Yihi. It depends what you want and your level of advancement in this hobby. At the end of the day either board is fine quite frankly. I have had very good luck with both. Being more advanced with this I personally prefer the DNA. Some people do not want to use a PC with it and more simplicity though. Regardless of their level of expertise.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I do like Yihi quality since they tend to build the whole thing. They have control over the design. That being said the DNA 200 is superior in every way. Buck only. Better regulation. More efficient. Wider voltage range. Most importantly much more control with Escribe to tailor your vaping experience. I would recommend it for advanced users. The issue lies in many companies take the board and slap together a piece of crap. However even the SX Mini Q-Class has some minor issues like doors not fitting well. If you are really a gear head about this there is currently only one clear choice. The Yihi is great for plug 'n play. I would still have got it had it had a better shape. The 3x18650 DNA mods are also quite large but fit in the hand much better due to them being a Triangle. I am not hating on Yihi. It depends what you want and your level of advancement in this hobby. At the end of the day either board is fine quite frankly. I have had very good luck with both. Being more advanced with this I personally prefer the DNA. Some people do not want to use a PC with it and more simplicity though. Regardless of their level of expertise.
I usually recommend a DNA mod for people who like to tinker and don't mind plugging it in, and a G2 for people who want something similar but works as good with less tinkering

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your a power user than the DNA200 probably wouldn't be a lot of people's first choice. I really wish they would have added a boost when your in power mode in there last update, that is becoming standard in a lot of mods. For TC then yeah, the DNA200 is a solid device.

I have a Yihi SX350J and really enjoy that mod in power with powerful mode, no need to take a primer hit, just instant clouds from a cold tank.

No surprise I love my FSK mods, it is TC (temperature control, taste control, tantricsex control, whatever you want to call it) for power users. I am not a big fan of TC, never have been but with the FSK chip it feels like power until my cotton dries up.

Different strokes for different folks though and I won't engage in a conversation if kanthal TC actually works with the FSK chip. It does for me and plenty of others and you can call it whatever you want, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt my FSK.....lol

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My take on it is:

FSK - You want to TC anything, fire anything, and have a really high quality box mod then get a G2. If form factor is more important than the actual quality of the casing of the mod then get a Slice. If you can put up with the shoddy paint on it it's still a great little mod. Owning a FSK mod is like owning a motorcycle, if I have to explain it to you well you just wouldnt understand. The mod is like a street fighter, raw and powerful. Definitely the hardest hitting regulated mod I have ever used. No software for adjustments. All adjustments are made on the mod and you can get a really dialed in experience. There is a learning curve but its far from steep. American company with really good customer service that has that personal feel to it. Most importantly they actually listen to their customers when you make suggestions.

DNA - Get this board if you want to customize almost every aspect of your vaping experience. Anything from custom screens to to custom wires and everything in between. Escribe is real nice with a little bit of a learning curve and so far pretty user friendly. Plenty of help available with it here or on other forums. Board is available in multiple form factors and wattages. DNA had definitely set the standard we now use for TC. Evolve has very good customer service but it has that corporate feel to it.

Yihi - Say you don't like to tinker on the mod or on escribe. Well then a Yihi chip will serve you well. Nothing crazy here, simple menu system that just works. This board is for people that don't need all the fancy pancy adjustments and just want to vape and go. Also does TC very well and it's available in many form factors. Customer service is that typical Chinese company mentality. Go over the warranty and you're shit out of luck.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree fully with a caveat. The DNA is at the top of the heap. However the DNA does not usually find it's way into mods built as well as the Hohm Wrecker. To add insult to injury they tend to be much more money as well. Hohm Wrecker is a nice play on words but also ironic. See, your wife is less likely to make you sleep on the sofa with a $85 mod than a $125-$200+ one lol. BTW, I have owned more than a few bikes in my time. currently have everything from a '64 Harley to a Turbo/nitrous 2016 Hayabusa. It is also ironic because I am an old man.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree fully with a caveat. The DNA is at the top of the heap. However the DNA does not usually find it's way into mods built as well as the Hohm Wrecker. To add insult to injury they tend to be much more money as well. Hohm Wrecker is a nice play on words but also ironic. See, your wife is less likely to make you sleep on the sofa with a $85 mod than a $125-$200+ one lol. BTW, I have owned more than a few bikes in my time. currently have everything from a '64 Harley to a Turbo/nitrous 2016 Hayabusa. It is also ironic because I am an old man.
Sure it does. The Hohmwrecker is only a step or two above home build mod box. It's simple, construction worker type box. Which makes it a tank. There are examples like that out there for a DNA. Mod crates Silo's for example. I would challenge a Silo would take more of a beating than the Hohmwrecker. Now that said there has been a move from the small unique mod box companies towards the 350j. But that probably comes down to price. Less margins if they used a DNA.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For the record I only listed them in that order because it just flowed better. I like all 3 boards for different reasons. My order was in no way a reflection of where I rank them.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it is for a production Chinese mod. On the other hand customs can run 10+ grand! So it's a bargain? LOL.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know Yihi is good quality but I am not sure it competes with DNA or FSK. Since the way Yihi uses the word Joules they really mean watts and it only goes to 120 in TC. Yet It can put out .%V more than The DNA 200. Kind of pointless. Plus it will never even get there on two 18650's. Not safely,. Since there 120 Joules is 200 on the watts side from them. I really like the G+ but not spending $300 on what looks like mediocre quality construction. It is cool looking though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know Yihi is good quality but I am not sure it competes with DNA or FSK. Since the way Yihi uses the word Joules they really mean watts and it only goes to 120 in TC. Yet It can put out .%V more than The DNA 200. Kind of pointless. Plus it will never even get there on two 18650's. Not safely,. Since there 120 Joules is 200 on the watts side from them. I really like the G+ but not spending $300 on what looks like mediocre quality construction. It is cool looking though.
True but the only reason I put it up there with the other 2 is because I really like the way it does tc. Shit, I still use my Ipv5 everyday in tc mode and I love it. If the G class drops to the $200 mark or around there I might be a buyer. I've seen it on pre sale for $239 already but I don't do presales. It is one damn good looking mod.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joules is a power output value but it's not a 1:1 relationship with watts. I believe it's 80-90% more power per unit.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joules is a power output value but it's not a 1:1 relationship with watts. I believe it's 80-90% more power per unit.
Joule is power over time.
1 joule = 1 watt for 1 second

Since our mods don't know how long we are going to press the fire button, for our purposes, 1 joule = 1 watt.

I have my guesses why Yihi used joules instead of watts. I believe it's either:
1. Evolv came out with TC first so it was their way of avoiding a patent lawsuit
or
2. Since Evolv came out with TC first it was their way of trying to be different/stand out.

For our mods to be able to figure out how much power to dial up for a joule setting. We would have to input how long we would be firing it. Since we don't for our purposes it's just another way of saying a watt.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How to convert energy in joules (J) to electric power in watts (W).

You can calculate watts from joules and seconds, but you can't convert joules to watts, since joule and watt units represent different quantities.

The power P in watts (W) is equal to the energy E in joules (J), divided by the time period t in seconds (s):

P(W) = E(J) / t(s)

So

watt = joule / second

or

W = J / s

Example
What is the power consumption of an electrical circuit that has energy consumption of 90 joules for time duration of 3 seconds?

P(W) = 90J / 3s = 30W

http://rapidtables.com/convert/electric/Joule_to_Watt.htm

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like an idiot and not looking it up. I think it was Daniel doing a review of a Yihi powered device a couple months ago (or maybe Phil) that mentioned that it was roughly double the power value and I took that at face value. That said the way that Yihi had been doing TC (pwm) it would have been a terrible practice to have it set near max power anyways. Though the G uses a normal dynamic power for TC management (or at least that is what I have heard).

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yihi boards and more specifically P4Y mods aare up there with a G2 or a dna for a combination of 3 simple reason to me
1.The boards WORKS ... period. Are they as advanced as the other 2? NO, but they are close enough for many people's purposes
combine that with
2. they are priced MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS then the other 2
and then add in
3. They mods they are use din such as the 3li, d2,d3, ipv5 etc.. are extremely durable and well built

so when you add those all up buying a $30-40 P4Y mod with a yihi chip is a no brainer for me

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know quite a bit about this Lol. I am an EE. The law does not apply as Yihi is using it. As i said. Trust me. f1r3, is correct in Yihi's case it is 1 Watt.
I'm also an EE.
simple fact: number don't lie

yihi is skewing the definition, one unit of energy per unit of time; therefore, 1j=1w
hahaha
no reason to overcomplicate it at all. Theytook the definition into its simplest terms; thereby changing the vocabulary.
they never had to do that to avoid litigation, since they use a different method of temp regulation; but, it made them sound more advanced and separated them from the competition.

altogether a smart business move.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course. I totally agree with you. Those are the facts. As you said I have no idea why they did not call it watts other than to seem more advanced. It shows the limitation of the chip that it can only do 120 in TC. As we both agree it does not know how long you hold the fire button so that is just a limitation of the converter. 1 watt equals 1 watt unless you factor in time which it does not. The thing can only do 200W anyways in a very dangerous scenario. I am sure you saw them pulling like 50 amps out of 2x18650. Sure, it can do it. You can abuse anything and perhaps suffer the consequences. Highly unrecommended by me.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm one of the ones that think the industry in general is at a point where they are needlessly overstressing cells for the sake of monetary enrichment.
I'm just glad that most 200w dual batt mod, do not really pull 200w.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone see the new Mini Q Class? Kind looks like the love child of a Q Class and ML Class. Daniel from Djlsb Vapes had a prototype his Smok Alien Video.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MattP, Yihi is less money you are saying? HUH? The only $300 DNA mods are customs.

I just don't like the Q anything really. Love the G+ but I cannot spend that on a production Chinese mod and may be Preorder for months.

The thing is it shows the lack of balls on that converter to hit 120PWM. The truth is I would not use it over 80. Of course i am not being technical I am just sayin'. Don't doubt I could write a white paper on it but could care less.

The Wattage war is indeed stupid. However that new Smok may very well hit 400. 4x18650 can support it. What for though? It is huge. I am glad the FDA stepped in because they must be marketing this shit to Ten year old boys. Or adults that mentally are Ten years old Lol.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
while yihi boards ar ein a few expensive production mods like the Q
P4Y makes many many mods that can be had for $60 or less like the 3li,d2,d3,ipv5,ipv400. all of which are damn solid mods which can take a beating and flat out work. hell many of those mods can be found in the $40 range or less
while most dna200 mods are $100-$200 approximately

so yes i feel yihi is a cheaper alternative that is reliable and solid enough for most people.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
while yihi boards ar ein a few expensive production mods like the Q
P4Y makes many many mods that can be had for $60 or less like the 3li,d2,d3,ipv5,ipv400. all of which are damn solid mods which can take a beating and flat out work. hell many of those mods can be found in the $40 range or less
while most dna200 mods are $100-$200 approximately

so yes i feel yihi is a cheaper alternative that is reliable and solid enough for most people.
the difference being, yihi offers what is essentially 2 lines
the Toyota - for less "pricey" mods and the lexus for things like the q, ml and xyz class

evolv doesn't have a toyota class so to compare the yihi Toyota with the dna is disingenuous

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the Toyota - for less "pricey" mods and the lexus for things like the q, ml and xyz class

evolv doesn't have a toyota class so to compare the yihi Toyota with the dna is disingenuous
You beat me to the punch. Comparing Yihi cheap boards to Evolv's top of the line board is ridiculous. I'm shocked mods using there older/cheap boards are cheaper then mods using a DNA200. Captain obvious anyone.

If you want to compare a DNA200 board to a Yihi board. Try comparing to a SX350J V2 and you will see the mod costs $200 and if you find it on sale Yihi will void your warranty.

I have a 3Li and it doesn't do TC on SS (just Ti01 and Ni200). Not hardly a fair comparison to a DNA200 now is it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You beat me to the punch. Comparing Yihi cheap boards to Evolv's top of the line board is ridiculous. I'm shocked mods using there older/cheap boards are cheaper then mods using a DNA200. Captain obvious anyone.

If you want to compare a DNA200 board to a Yihi board. Try comparing to a SX350J V2 and you will see the mod costs $200 and if you find it on sale Yihi will void your warranty.

I have a 3Li and it doesn't do TC on SS (just Ti01 and Ni200). Not hardly a fair comparison to a DNA200 now is it?
ive been watching the thread and the comments and was hoping someone would say something.

there is nothing wrong with the less pricey boards, i have quite a few. But you may as well compare the okl to the dna.
or put a ford focus in the same class as an infiniti.

nothing wrong with the focus, it'll get you where you want to go and do a fine job of doing it. There is just more to offer on the infiniti, and quite honestly it is much more refined and more quality made.

in that light I would call the fsk the tesla- its doing its own thing and most of us, just aren't ready for it to hit prime time yet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree and think that used to be true up until a few months ago. I would definitely put the DNA 75 in the Toyota class. Especially since some of those mods can be had for under $50. It's a pretty smart move by Evolv. They're looking to expand their base to the lower wattage, lower priced segment of the market. Definitely a brilliant way to get new vapers involved in a less intimidating mod while at the same time introducing them to the virtues of the DNA.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree and think that used to be true up until a few months ago. I would definitely put the DNA 75 in the Toyota class. Especially since some of those mods can be had for under $50. It's a pretty smart move by Evolv. They're looking to expand their base to the lower wattage, lower priced segment of the market. Definitely a brilliant way to get new vapers involved in a less intimidating mod while at the same time introducing them to the virtues of the DNA.

I was struggeling with that when I was writing the post... the feature set is far and away ahead of the lower priced yihi boards and the price is settled in between the 133/200 an the LI.... I was afraid putting in the Toyota class would be unfair to yihi.

but very valid point indeed

VU Sponsors