Become a Patron!

Yoghurts

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am currently working on several yoghurt recipes. Thought I would start a thread just for yoghurt based liquids.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do like FA yogurt sometimes. I'm not sure if it was reformulated and if so if it tastes any difference. When I bought mine probably a good 8 months ago it had warnings for the bad stuff. Hopefully if it is reformulated it still tastes the same because I really liked it sometimes but did have to go really low or it really took over recipes.

One I really liked, assuming anyone likes blackcurrant wasn't really a yogurt base, but did have it as a hint:
FA Blackcurrant - 3%
Cap Van Custard - 4%
FA Yogurt - 0.5%

Fairly simple, but it was yummy. Again, assuming you like the taste of blackcurrant.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bilberry(FA) .5%
Greek Yogurt(TFA) 6%
Give it a week.
Optional 1-2% Cap Sweet Cream

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kilo keyberry clone

FA fresh cream. 2%

CAP Greek yogurt 3%

TFA kiwi 3.5%

TFA ripe strawberry 7%

This is really yummy!

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cannot remember where I read this, but it may have been a link from this site or maybe a Nude Nicotine link, but it said that most yogurt based flavoring is not safe to vape when combined with custard type ingredients. The combination can be harmful. But alone it's safer. I'll do some digging and see if I can find something more concrete. I, personally, have not tried any yogurt based juices but would not be averse to them. I like to eat it.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cannot remember where I read this, but it may have been a link from this site or maybe a Nude Nicotine link, but it said that most yogurt based flavoring is not safe to vape when combined with custard type ingredients. The combination can be harmful. But alone it's safer. I'll do some digging and see if I can find something more concrete. I, personally, have not tried any yogurt based juices but would not be averse to them. I like to eat it.
I read that too. It was nude nicotine. That's why I subbed the cream...and it works great....woohoo

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, it is on nude nicotine eliquid chemistry link. Yogurt flavorings contain butyric acid which they state has not been proven to present an inhalation hazard but only when not combined with any diketones. Interesting read, so if you DIY yogurt, be safe and steer clear of diketones

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess you have to have a taste for yogurt vapes. I've made a few and just don't care for them. Bought some Greek yogurt flavoring, tried some combos and it just wasn't my thing. Now I have a 30 ml bottle of flavoring that is going to go to waste. Not the first time though. The way it is with making your own juice. You will end up wasting a lot of flavorings along the way developing what you like. I have probably close to 100 flavorings in my collection and have done a lot of experimenting, when all said and done, it has come down to me only making about half a dozen juices for myself that have become my daily juices. Well at least I have a lot of flavorings to make for other's tastes.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you have to have a taste for yogurt vapes. I've made a few and just don't care for them. Bought some Greek yogurt flavoring, tried some combos and it just wasn't my thing. Now I have a 30 ml bottle of flavoring that is going to go to waste. Not the first time though. The way it is with making your own juice. You will end up wasting a lot of flavorings along the way developing what you like. I have probably close to 100 flavorings in my collection and have done a lot of experimenting, when all said and done, it has come down to me only making about half a dozen juices for myself that have become my daily juices. Well at least I have a lot of flavorings to make for other's tastes.
Yeah didn't think I would care for them..but after I figured out how to compensate for the bitterness it was WOW!

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This happened to me with the highly acclaimed Joy. Read such good things about it, so I bought it. I thought it tasted like flat beer or straight yeast. Only then, did I find the bad reviews. LOL. Live and learn. It's safe to say that 30 mls of Joy will last me forever.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This happened to me with the highly acclaimed Joy. Read such good things about it, so I bought it. I thought it tasted like flat beer or straight yeast. Only then, did I find the bad reviews. LOL. Live and learn. It's safe to say that 30 mls of Joy will last me forever.
Yeah I can't seem to get joy to work... Bottle actually has dust on it now lol

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I can't seem to get joy to work... Bottle actually has dust on it now lol
Maybe in a very low % it might taste like donuts, but I'm content to let it sit for now.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have read comments that yogurt based vapes have a sour note, so I'd be interested in one that doesn't have that. I assume the sweet cream compensates?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have read comments that yogurt based vapes have a sour note, so I'd be interested in one that doesn't have that. I assume the sweet cream compensates?
Fresh cream...sorry.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. The key is to find that piece that sweetens but doesn't take away

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm working on a rocket man clone now....I'm so close

Tried a few rocketman clones myself and ended up giving them away. I have tried so many yogurt recipes. They all taste good until I put the yogurt flavoring in (in every percentage imaginable). It's all good though. What one considers a good tasting vape, another will vape it and go, "man that's disgusting". Lol, one of my favorite recipes is Irish Fairy which is Absinthe, Irish Cream, Marshmallow and Caramel. I love the taste of it and let a girl friend of mine vape some. As she was exhaling it, she had the weirdest expression on her face as the clouds were coming out. She said, "gawd Mike that is absolutely gross dude". So it's like whatever vape floats your boat. As long as you like it, that's all that counts.

Last edited:

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried a few rocketman clones myself and gave them away. I have tried so many yogurt recipes. They all taste good until I put the yogurt flavoring in (in every percentage imaginable). It's all good though. What one considers a good tasting vape, another will vape it and go, "man that's disgusting". Lol, one of my favorite recipes is Irish Fairy which is Absinthe, Irish Cream, Marshmallow and Caramel. I love the taste of it and let a girl friend of mine vape some. As she was exhaling it, she had the weirdest expression on her face as the clouds were coming out. She said, "gawd Mike that is absolutely gross dude". So whatever works works.
That sounds like something I could vape

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is the recipe I use. Absinthe 5%, Caramel 3%, Irish Cream 9%, Marshmallow 6%.
I've never had absinthe, vape or real. I've had a shot of "fake" stuff which was gross. The rest of this recipe sounds fantastic though.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vape Absinthe isn't like drinking the liquor. It's anise based so that's the flavor that comes through. With those other ingredients, it's a unique vape (IMO of course). You won't taste another vape like it, I'll say that.

Last edited:

SensTJM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this is a mix I've been working on.

Greek yogurt (TFA) 7%
French vanilla (CAP)1%
vanilla bean ice cream (CAP) 1%
coconut (FA) .5%
meringue (FA) 2%
blueberry wild (TFA) 8%

optional EM 1%

Greek at the 7% is perfect IMO
French vanilla and the vanilla bean ice cream give a nice dimension to the yogurt. it has to be capella on the ice cream though cause of how light it is, tfa vb kills it we all know how strong of a flavor that one is.
Coconut was the secret to this recipe. it made the greek yogurt truly taste greek
meringue provides the sweetness to cut through the sour yogurt and give a nice sweetness on the inhale
bb wild one of my favorites and at 8% it stood up to the steep and shined thru the entire vape
EM if your a sugar addict

STEEP: 1 WEEK

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been doing some experimenting with the Caps Greek and Caps Creamy yogurts and I'm not really finding anything I've fallen in love with yet. I have a buddy that I mix for that insists on me making a good yogurt so I'm giving it the good ole college try. I'm not huge into using Ethyl Maltol in much of anything but when used at like 1% with either of these 2 yogurts it seems to help cut down the sourness or bitterness that for me overpowers any other flavoring I use.

I've got a couple different batches steeping right now and the one that actually smells really good is a Strawberry and Blueberry Jam mix, if that turns out worth a damn I will post the recipe. Figure I give it at least a solid week of steep time before I test it.

SensTJM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been doing some experimenting with the Caps Greek and Caps Creamy yogurts and I'm not really finding anything I've fallen in love with yet. I have a buddy that I mix for that insists on me making a good yogurt so I'm giving it the good ole college try. I'm not huge into using Ethyl Maltol in much of anything but when used at like 1% with either of these 2 yogurts it seems to help cut down the sourness or bitterness that for me overpowers any other flavoring I use.

I've got a couple different batches steeping right now and the one that actually smells really good is a Strawberry and Blueberry Jam mix, if that turns out worth a damn I will post the recipe. Figure I give it at least a solid week of steep time before I test it.

I have used both man and Im with the sour note is strong. On top of that IMO under 5% of yogurt, either or, hell ive even tried mixing both and just couldnt get past the sour note but under didnt taste like yogurt. I found that meringue sweetened it up and using FA coconut flattened the twang then CAP vanilla bean ice cream and french vanilla rounded out that sour note. I tried it with TFA vanilla bean, cause lets be honest that stuff is like sex, but it took over even in low percentages. CAP has the ice cream for this.was key IMO.

and yogurts take a while to steep a week minimum I usually let mine ride for 2

personally I try to stay away from em but in my recipe above I left it as an option cause some friends dig it
idk I got FLV greek on the way so im going to play with that next

happy mixing though friend

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used both man and Im with the sour note is strong. On top of that IMO under 5% of yogurt, either or, hell ive even tried mixing both and just couldnt get past the sour note but under didnt taste like yogurt. I found that meringue sweetened it up and using FA coconut flattened the twang then CAP vanilla bean ice cream and french vanilla rounded out that sour note. I tried it with TFA vanilla bean, cause lets be honest that stuff is like sex, but it took over even in low percentages. CAP has the ice cream for this.was key IMO.

and yogurts take a while to steep a week minimum I usually let mine ride for 2

personally I try to stay away from em but in my recipe above I left it as an option cause some friends dig it
idk I got FLV greek on the way so im going to play with that next

happy mixing though friend

I hear ya, I generally stay away from EM and the likes, also Im very new to the yogurt game so Im definitely going to try out some suggestions you made. I happen to have pretty much everything you have listed out so that good stuff :) Me personally, Im all about the custards and the yogurt vape doesnt really intrigue me all that much. But it gives me something to experiment with for my good buddy that for some reason insists on a yogurt vape lol

SensTJM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear ya, I generally stay away from EM and the likes, also Im very new to the yogurt game so Im definitely going to try out some suggestions you made. I happen to have pretty much everything you have listed out so that good stuff :) Me personally, Im all about the custards and the yogurt vape doesnt really intrigue me all that much. But it gives me something to experiment with for my good buddy that for some reason insists on a yogurt vape lol

oh you're speaking my language were talking custards my friend, thats what got me DIYing. I'am waiting on my FLV custard to come in, i've heard such good things. Give this a go if you got it. I feel like it needs something but idk what could use some input, but its damn good where its at. what kinda custards you cooking up over there?

CARAMEL CUSTARD
caramel TFA 4%
caramel candy TFA 1%
caramel FA 1.5%
sweet cream CAP 3%
Bavarian cream TFA 1%
butter CAP 2%
vanilla custard v2 CAP 7%
french vanilla CAP 2%

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/deeks-berry-custard.154983/

This one has been getting good feedback and I haven't been able to put it down for a number of weeks now. Its super simple and I like it fresh but I use the Caps v1 for the most part. Otherwise before that I was on a pretty long Game Over Custard binge which is a premix made by Mama J's if you aren't familiar with them. I've got your Caramel Custard now on my "to mix list" once I get a few more TFA ingredients.

I'm still trying to land on a solid vanilla custard that I can call an ADV so I currently have like 5 different versions on my steep shelf waiting to be tested. The oldest one is I believe almost 3 weeks old so I'm giving them the full month treatment before I start to analyze :)

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/deeks-berry-custard.154983/

This one has been getting good feedback and I haven't been able to put it down for a number of weeks now. Its super simple and I like it fresh but I use the Caps v1 for the most part. Otherwise before that I was on a pretty long Game Over Custard binge which is a premix made by Mama J's if you aren't familiar with them. I've got your Caramel Custard now on my "to mix list" once I get a few more TFA ingredients.

I'm still trying to land on a solid vanilla custard that I can call an ADV so I currently have like 5 different versions on my steep shelf waiting to be tested. The oldest one is I believe almost 3 weeks old so I'm giving them the full month treatment before I start to analyze :)
I do intend to try the berry custard once I get the right stuff. This one sounds good.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you ever get anywhere with that Rocket Man clone? Been trying but can't quite seem to nail it myself.
I'm so close. I'm having issues with the background notes. As soon as I nail the granola I'll have it.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors