Become a Patron!

You guys have a lot of balls

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Mods from china are getting over 200w. I'm not so sure I'd put that much trust in something inches from my face, untested and un regulated from fucking China for fifty bucks. They are built but not engineered hand grenades.
I have a cat III Fluke 87V meter and a Craftsman Cat 0 multimeter. They both have same functions, up to 600vac, etc. I'll use my Craftsman for my car, but never on anything AC...why?
They are 350 bucks apart. If the cat 0 Craftsman shorts internally measuring 480, it will explode violently in my face, the cat III Fluke does the same I may hear a pop, that's all. That is a huge amount of design and engineering to make that so you can home at night following that. If the Craftsman did that, you'll be lucky when you get home from the hospital.
Mods are no different. There is no UL qualified mods, because there are none that would pass the quals.
The cells are not designed, but rather substituted for vapes. The cells, (excuse me while I call them cells, because they are cells and not batteries) have magnetic doors, and hinges. If a cell blows going down the road, your mods door is now a projectile. If you are in heavy traffic, little Tiffany and her entire FUCKING family may never get home because the blown cell in your mod caused you to shit your pants, cross center, and take out little Tiffany's entire FUCKING family.

I am not one for conservative ruling over our rights, but I do believe there needs to be regulations before people fucking die. Mods should be explosion resistant, if not explosion proof. No magnetic doors. They should be screwed in, and held within mil-spec standards.
Why? Bevause people VAPE going down the road. One trucker vaping, with a blown up mod, startled or slightly injured could kill a lot of innocent people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.png

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(excuse me while I call them cells, because they are cells and not batteries)
bat·ter·y
ˈbadərē/
noun
  1. a container consisting of one or more cells, in which chemical energy is converted into electricity and used as a source of power.
As soon as a cell is packaged individually it is then a battery.

Fuses are amazing and are present in even Chinese products of late. It would be very easy to correct the other mis-information in your post, but I value my time more than that.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WOW
Inaccurate information aside, some level of regulation is inevitable. This industry has shown to be a money maker; its a prime target for the government to fiddlefuck with.
I just hope its not to the extent that you're praying for

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's not the extent you are praying for, but maybe the regulation you need. A cell is not a fucking battery moron. Im an electrician. You?

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
So stop. I don't give a fuck. You know how much potential energy is in even two 18650 cells? You know where the MOSFETs are made what current they can handle? What happens when when one pops? What standards they are held to? Stick with working at arbys and not telling me what I may or may not know. This is why I make what I do and you work at Penny's.

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Thank god for IEEE and UL standards or you retards would kill us all

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So stop. I don't give a fuck. You know how much potential energy is in even two 18650 cells? You know where the MOSFETs are made what current they can handle? What happens when when one pops? What standards they are held to? Stick with working at arbys and not telling me what I may or may not know. This is why I make what I do and you work at Penny's.

Seriously dude we don't care what you have to say do you know that car batteries explode as well so then why don't we stop production on all batteries and I would know because I'm an auto tech so I can do you're job and more

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Mods from china are getting over 200w. I'm not so sure I'd put that much trust in something inches from my face, untested and un regulated from fucking China for fifty bucks. They are built but not engineered hand grenades.
I have a cat III Fluke 87V meter and a Craftsman Cat 0 multimeter. They both have same functions, up to 600vac, etc. I'll use my Craftsman for my car, but never on anything AC...why?
They are 350 bucks apart. If the cat 0 Craftsman shorts internally measuring 480, it will explode violently in my face, the cat III Fluke does the same I may hear a pop, that's all. That is a huge amount of design and engineering to make that so you can home at night following that. If the Craftsman did that, you'll be lucky when you get home from the hospital.
Mods are no different. There is no UL qualified mods, because there are none that would pass the quals.
The cells are not designed, but rather substituted for vapes. The cells, (excuse me while I call them cells, because they are cells and not batteries) have magnetic doors, and hinges. If a cell blows going down the road, your mods door is now a projectile. If you are in heavy traffic, little Tiffany and her entire FUCKING family may never get home because the blown cell in your mod caused you to shit your pants, cross center, and take out little Tiffany's entire FUCKING family.

I am not one for conservative ruling over our rights, but I do believe there needs to be regulations before people fucking die. Mods should be explosion resistant, if not explosion proof. No magnetic doors. They should be screwed in, and held within mil-spec standards.
Why? Bevause people VAPE going down the road. One trucker vaping, with a blown up mod, startled or slightly injured could kill a lot of innocent people.

I have never heard of any regulated mod exploding. Most regulated mods have lots of safety features in the chip to detect such with shutting down before anything like your talking about happens.

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Lol. Not in your dreams dueche bag. Go change a cigarette lighter and leave industrial electricity to the big boys. He your shit blpws off your balls

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol. Not in your dreams dueche bag. Go change a cigarette lighter and leave industrial electricity to the big boys. He your shit blpws off your balls

Nah I'm good dude you're just pissed because you have no idea what you're talking about most of us are doing this quit smoking cigarettes dillweed just admit it you're beat

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Smokie got those standards in writing? Love to see them. F1 retard. No you are not

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I refuse to engage with someone who has already illustrated such a large lack of intelligence, it wouldn't be a fair fight for you.
I do feel sorry for you, though; your life is so boring that you had to come to a vaping forum to pick a fight about a topic that you obviously don't know anything about.

Have a pleasant evening

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
#1 they are regulated devices, #2 most batterys good batterys that is have a short circuit chip in them, #3 magnetic doors is better than a door that is screw'd on because the energy is released and not concealed in a small area so that doesnt go off like a bomb, no direct contact stick mods yes they r concealed in a tube if people would help builders understand the ohms law then there wouldnt b any problems, instead of degrading companys whom have good regulated products, help the newbies understand how to build their coils so they dont over exceed the "cells" batterys limits. I get tired of hearing know it alls crushing something that is a fact 95 percent than smoking a cig.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Safer than smoking

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
Give a dude a break. I haven't smoked a single cigarette in three weeks. I get cranky.

mayorts

Member For 4 Years
I am. Been vaping six mos and gave up cigs entirely three weeks ago. Wrong of me to take it out on anyone. It's not easy. Sorry of I offended anyone.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do us all a favor, go have a smoke and stop posting uninformed shit.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn.....I know it's here somewhere.....

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to all the vape folk, we all get tired of the negative side of people on vaping, ive bn vaping for 5 yrs and thank god that i can breath better, i dont wake up in the morning coughing to the point i start gaging, wish vaping was out when i were 16 because i would b alot healthier if it had been and im 44. I actually enjoy vaping, the trade shows, and tasting juice.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am. Been vaping six mos and gave up cigs entirely three weeks ago. Wrong of me to take it out on anyone. It's not easy. Sorry of I offended anyone.

All good. It happens, often, actually.

Fwiw, a few years back I had a cheap multimeter 'splode while testing a 240v circuit. Shit got my attention, lol.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wanted to join in but its over..you all suck.

And where is the emoticon that shoots a bird?...id like to request one now please :cool:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When mods "explode" usually it's just a hiss and a lil smoke. The end. The only boom is from your voice from being so mad.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When mods "explode" usually it's just a hiss and a lil smoke. The end. The only boom is from your voice from being so mad.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yes sir, the imr and inr cells we use generally vent very gently. Had a mech failure last week that resulted in a vented vtc5. it weren't for the instant hot button I wouldn't have even known the cell had vented. Still showed some voltage on the multimeter, but the top had some black scorch marks and was a bit wet with electrolytes. Very little liquid escaped, too, which surprised me. Just enough to wet the positive contact.

Dead short an ICR, on the other hand, and you might have a bad time.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes sir, the imr and inr cells we use generally vent very gently. Had a mech failure last week that resulted in a vented vtc5. it weren't for the instant hot button I wouldn't have even known the cell had vented. Still showed some voltage on the multimeter, but the top had some black scorch marks and was a bit wet with electrolytes. Very little liquid escaped, too, which surprised me. Just enough to wet the positive contact.
Electrolytes are good, that's what the 'ade' is in gatorade

VU Sponsors