Become a Patron!

You know you're old school when.....

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
when you hear your favorite songs play as hold music and elevator music.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you setup your vape display with retired gear and everyone asks "what is that".

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nope, I still vape gennys not interested in Mc Nugget tanks or robomods.
Never got into Gennys and don't plan to. Nor do I plan on Temp Control. I have a couple of mods that will do TC but I do not use that functionality.
Nor do I need anything over 50 watts.

but many out there just have to have the latest and greatest.
I just like a good simple vape that is not too fiddly.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you could care less WHERE something is made.... As long as it works.

When you realize it is the fault of our own greed and governmental policies that have created, China. As they say, be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Donald will fix it for the US... He wins, authentic will be cheaper than clones.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you could care less WHERE something is made.... As long as it works.

When you realize it is the fault of our own greed and governmental policies that have created, China. As they say, be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Donald will fix it for the US... He wins, authentic will be cheaper than clones.
Virtually all US corporations offshore to maximize profits.
Even US based vapor products companies.

If mods all cost over $200 and attys over $100 I would still be smoking.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Virtually all US corporations offshore to maximize profits.
Even US based vapor products companies.

If mods all cost over $200 and attys over $100 I would still be smoking.

They are actually minimizing TAXES by staying off-shore. The by product of avoiding excessive US Corp taxation/regulation happens to result more profit to the bottom line. Fact is that a low tax would result in more profits to tax and result in MORE revenue from taxes. Corporate greed, if you chose to call it that, is a direct result of the affect of governmental Greed.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are actually minimizing TAXES by staying off-shore. The by product of avoiding excessive US Corp taxation/regulation happens to result more profit to the bottom line. Fact is that a low tax would result in more profits to tax and result in MORE revenue from taxes. Corporate greed, if you chose to call it that, is a direct result of the affect of governmental Greed.
Cheap labor is a bigger factor in offshoring.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why that is still dirt cheap compared to smoking....
If I bought juice it would cost me more than smokiing.
It was around $130/mo to smoke. I currently vape about 60 ml/week.
Add a couple of $200mods and a few $100 Tanks, batteries and chargers I would lose money. One must have backups and most mods give out within 1 year or so. If they are the only device used.
After all I AM THE Frugal Vapist.

But by buying $30 and under mods and $20 and under tanks and doing all my own DIY and recoiling I save money and do not smoke.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even buying the best ingedients available DIYing makes juice very very inexpensive...hell even paying 300 for a mod the savings in juice from DIYing should make even high end mods still far cheaper than smoking,,,hell I have mods I've used for over two years still doing fine.....I DIY, I don't collect mods, and attys but I have gear that I like and I don't buy Chinese shit either and I still spend less than when I smoked....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
speaking of Old School I got an e-mail from Iknvape, that they are finally going out of bussiness......remember their cartos?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old school? I just got an email from ecigexpress dated today with a coupon code with a 1-6-2016 expiration date???
Must be caught in a time rift or sumpthin?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I bought juice it would cost me more than smokiing.
It was around $130/mo to smoke. I currently vape about 60 ml/week.
Add a couple of $200mods and a few $100 Tanks, batteries and chargers I would lose money. One must have backups and most mods give out within 1 year or so. If they are the only device used.
After all I AM THE Frugal Vapist.

But by buying $30 and under mods and $20 and under tanks and doing all my own DIY and recoiling I save money and do not smoke.

Vaping is an upfront investment. Get the right gear and the only thing you need to replace are batteries. If you chose to be frugal up front and buy cheap shit, well, that's all you end up with is shit. As for juice, if mixing is too intimidating to do, then just go to velvet cloud vapor, get a 100ml bottle of unflavored vg and nicotine, then pick out some flavorings you like from wizard labs and you are all set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...when you think vapers today look more like chronic asthma patients as they draw on their Extra value Tanks like it's the last blast of air they will ever have.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alot of people have forgotten the old stuff and some of it they now think is brand new...I found my old V3 Flip Tube yesterday and I can count how many PM's I received about who is selling that and they have never seen it before....it was hot just about 2 years ago and now it seems many members online must be from this past year and on...
Bringing Sexy Back ;)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old School is testing your latest DIY mix in a HH357 Long Barrel low resistance bridge-less atomizer. Still has some incredible flavor for "Old Tech".
that fucking 357 ...gave me some headaches...I think they were like 35.00 a pop...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is an upfront investment. Get the right gear and the only thing you need to replace are batteries. If you chose to be frugal up front and buy cheap shit, well, that's all you end up with is shit. As for juice, if mixing is too intimidating to do, then just go to velvet cloud vapor, get a 100ml bottle of unflavored vg and nicotine, then pick out some flavorings you like from wizard labs and you are all set.

Vaping stuff is consumables, even the mods. At least to me anyway.
If I get a cheap mod say an Kbox mini setup, costs about the same as 1 carton of smokes but lasts a year I am way ahead. Been using a Kbox mini setup for over 6 months now, still going strong.
I have mixed all of my juice since 1 month after starting vaping. Can mix up 2 gallons of my ADV for under $100.

VU Sponsors