Become a Patron!

Your fav single 18650 mod

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im in the market for a new mod.. I want a single 18650 that gives me at least 70w if not more.. I saw a review for a suprimo spade and well damn that was an awesome lookin box but id rather spend a little less than $100.. So after a lil research i came across the reuleaux 75w and it was just as aesthetically plwasing as the spade yet less than half the price but my problem there is that it doesnt seem to be compatible with anything bigger than 22mm.. So i wanna know what you guys think is the best single battery mod preferably with some higher wattage.. I still may splurge and get the spade or i might throw caution to the wind and get the reuleaux 75 regardless of size restrictions but id like to see where you guys point me and what comes from it..thanks in advance..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Coolfire 18650 TC. I have the internal battery model and it's a great board that gets no love. I won mine but if I had to buy one I would go with the 18650 version. I thought I would hate it and it has become one of my favorite mods. Can't say enough good things about the Aethon chipset. Then there's always the SX Mini. Mod is built like a rock and never gave me a problem. I also have the VF Classic but they make a single 18650 version called the Lite. You may also want to check out some single battery 26650 mods as they are definitely gaining in popularity.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree, vtc mini is the best cost/performance for a single cell. You can get a sx mini m class that is the shizznit for ~$140 now but multiple times more than the vtc mini and the mini does a fine job for the price

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the eVic VTC mini. Got one for my niece. She loves it. Only single 18650 I've used recently is a Kanger Sub-box mini. It was a good little unit as well. But it only went to 50W.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smok nano One kit. Which = Smok nano one mod that goes up to 80 watts and Smok nano tank. Looks very much like the Evic TVC mini but their are quite a few differences which you can see on youtube.
I love my Smok. No issues no problems no leaks! And fills from a hinged top (like all Smok tanks) which l like alot.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Im in the market for a new mod.. I want a single 18650 that gives me at least 70w if not more.. I saw a review for a suprimo spade and well damn that was an awesome lookin box but id rather spend a little less than $100.. So after a lil research i came across the reuleaux 75w and it was just as aesthetically plwasing as the spade yet less than half the price but my problem there is that it doesnt seem to be compatible with anything bigger than 22mm.. So i wanna know what you guys think is the best single battery mod preferably with some higher wattage.. I still may splurge and get the spade or i might throw caution to the wind and get the reuleaux 75 regardless of size restrictions but id like to see where you guys point me and what comes from it..thanks in advance..

I personally like the eVic VTC Mini, but any of the mods with the Wismec/Joyetech chip set would be awesome. These should all perform the same, so you just need to figure out which one you like better. Here is a partial list VaporFlask lite, Wismec RX75, eVic VTwo Mini, Cuboid Mini, eGrip 2, VaporFlask Stout and BeyondVape Centurion. The last 3 are in a little different category though, the eGrip 2 is an all in one mod with a built in tank, but comes with an adapter to use a normal tank on top if you want, and the VaporFlask Stout and BeyondVape Centurion are 26650 mods, but they come with an adapter to use an 18650 battery so it is quite flexible.

I would recommend against the Smok R-Steam Mini, it isn't great and the others are much better. Just my $0.02 ... HTH!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally like the eVic VTC Mini, but any of the mods with the Wismec/Joyetech chip set would be awesome. These should all perform the same, so you just need to figure out which one you like better. Here is a partial list VaporFlask lite, Wismec RX75, eVic VTwo Mini, Cuboid Mini, eGrip 2, VaporFlask Stout and BeyondVape Centurion. The last 3 are in a little different category though, the eGrip 2 is an all in one mod with a built in tank, but comes with an adapter to use a normal tank on top if you want, and the VaporFlask Stout and BeyondVape Centurion are 26650 mods, but they come with an adapter to use an 18650 battery so it is quite flexible.

I would recommend against the Smok R-Steam Mini, it isn't great and the others are much better. Just my $0.02 ... HTH!
I love my Smok! Just my £0.02...HTH:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure outbid me with advice ... Now I have to up my advice to $0.03 just to break even with you ...

Seriously though lots of folks do love the Smok line, but none of mine have ever come close to competing with the Joytech/Wismec chip mods I own.
Second that. Not a fan of Smok or Sigelei right now.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure outbid me with advice ... Now I have to up my advice to $0.03 just to break even with you ... :p

Seriously though lots of folks do love the Smok line, but none of mine have ever come close to competing with the Joytech/Wismec chip mods I own.
IOI, l am not sure if l have outbid you. As we speak the results are coming in for whether we have voted to leave or stay in the EU and it's close (so far). I have never owned the product aforementioned, thus l can only speak about what l have. And l love my Smok! Just my £0.06 (just incase the £ gets devalued):(

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
IOI, l am not sure if l have outbid you. As we speak the results are coming in for whether we have voted to leave or stay in the EU and it's close (so far). I have never owned the product aforementioned, thus l can only speak about what l have. And l love my Smok! Just my £0.06 (just incase the £ gets devalued):(
LOL! I wouldn't worry about devaluation, the Pound has been so much stronger than the Dollar for so long, I think you are pretty safe. For the record, I'll be surprised if the vote passes to leave the EU.

I'm glad you love your Smok and it is working for you, mine is a miserable hot mess. Poor construction, miserable performance, all relative of course to my other mods.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL! I wouldn't worry about devaluation, the Pound has been so much stronger than the Dollar for so long, I think you are pretty safe. For the record, I'll be surprised if the vote passes to leave the EU.

I'm glad you love your Smok and it is working for you, mine is a miserable hot mess. Poor construction, miserable performance, all relative of course to my other mods.
OMG we've left the EU!!!! Just my £3.00. £ now down by 10% against the $ already!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
OMG we've left the EU!!!! Just my £3.00. £ now down by 10% against the $ already!

OMG! Okay, I will officially eat my words ... I never expected that to happen. The Pound is lower now than it has been since 1985 against the dollar! I never thought I would see this happen! Depending on how far it falls, maybe I CAN afford to visit you folks across the pond on vacation!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OMG! Okay, I will officially eat my words ... I never expected that to happen. The Pound is lower now than it has been since 1985 against the dollar! I never thought I would see this happen! Depending on how far it falls, maybe I CAN afford to visit you folks across the pond on vacation!
Leave it a year. It is going to be awful! Just like when Scotland had a close result to remain in the UK! On that note Scotland my have its own referendum to rejoin the EU! I am shocked!:eek:

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fav sub 100 atm is the snow wolf 75w.
It's a magnet for fingerprints though...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Leave it a year. It is going to be awful! Just like when Scotland had a close result to remain in the UK! On that note Scotland my have its own referendum to rejoin the EU! I am shocked!:eek:
Yeah, I saw that ... these are seriously interesting times!

To the OP ... sorry for thread-jacking your post, it was unintentional!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None...Gimme Series or gimme death...or maybe parallel lol, but even that Im not that fond of. Nothin hits like a series mech.

That said, I did rather like my Knight clone from Tobeco. Had smooth threads, solid built, carbon fiber tube, and the smoothest switch/button Ive ever had on a mod. Almost regret trading it away.

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite single 18650 mod is the Kanger Kbox Nano. Offers TC capability with Ni and Ti wires as well as power mode up to 60w. Not the best as far as power mode but the mod does look damn sexy. Plus I've had luck with both my toptank nanos not leaking everywhere.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evic VTC Mini, or Eleaf Pico. Currently, I'm using the Pico more than the VTC Mini.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
My favorite single 18650 mod is the Kanger Kbox Nano. Offers TC capability with Ni and Ti wires as well as power mode up to 60w. Not the best as far as power mode but the mod does look damn sexy. Plus I've had luck with both my toptank nanos not leaking everywhere.

Not sure if you caught it or not, but the OP asked about mods with a minimum 70 watts. Kbox Nano might be sexy but doesn't meet the minimum requirements requested.

Glad to see you like it though. :)

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if you caught it or not, but the OP asked about mods with a minimum 70 watts. Kbox Nano might be sexy but doesn't meet the minimum requirements requested.

Glad to see you like it though. :)
I noticed they wanted 70w+ which is why I noted it wasn't the best as far as power but the temp control rocks. Lol.

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed they wanted 70w+ which is why I noted it wasn't the best as far as power but the temp control rocks. Lol.

If the box made enough of an impression on me then i might go with something under 70w.. But over 70 would be my preference.. Maybe i sound snobby saying this but something about kanger just turns me off i think i will always shy away from them

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Evic VTC Mini, but i really like the Eleaf Pico. The Evic VTC Mini is a proven mod imho.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my two favorites are
IPV D3 great little mod woth fantastic battery life

Sigelei 75watt TC

Both fantastic mods

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my two favorites are
IPV D3 great little mod woth fantastic battery life

Sigelei 75watt TC

Both fantastic mods

I don't have a D3 but I do have a D2 and its near and dear to me. I would love if it had the same function as the VTC.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I don't have a D3 but I do have a D2 and its near and dear to me. I would love if it had the same function as the VTC.
I loved my D2 until I got the VTC Mini, then I never looked back ... I might consider an upgraded version of the D2 if it did everything the VTC Mini did ...

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My D3 hits soft compared to the VTC Mini and no tcr. It just sets in the box now looking pretty lol.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If the box made enough of an impression on me then i might go with something under 70w.. But over 70 would be my preference.. Maybe i sound snobby saying this but something about kanger just turns me off i think i will always shy away from them

Well you just opened a small can of worms with that ... LOL

If you would consider less than 70 watts, then check out the Smoant Knight V1 ... only 60 watts and pretty simple/basic, but it seems to perform great for what it is. I like it a lot for no muss and no fuss vaping (SS-316L, .44ohm, TC mode).

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8a8b2392cb27d7a7b836855f1879d7f5.jpg

SX Mini ML Class, seen here with the Serpent Mini on top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd have to say, without a doubt, the Joyetech eVic-VTC-mini is by far the best 18650 mod out there thus far... Mine was already upgraded when I got it from Joyetech, does 75w, and best of all supports stainless steel temp control - I paired it with the smok mini and I picked up both the Clapton RBA and the dual coil RBA... I'm not much a fan of the Joyetech tank that came with the mod as it leaks like most say...
Mostly I run a single, simple Clapton 26g - it's delightful...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The knight is a pretty nice lookin lil box.. You say that its never given you any problems?

Realistically, I have never found a "PERFECT" mod, but the review sample that Smoant sent me has performed beautifully. I like it so much it is in my daily carry set. There is a singular "glitch" with mine, in SS 316L temperature control mode. If you change the default joules settings (there isn't any reason to change it, I do it out of habit), every so often it will reset them to the default settings. It is more of an annoyance than anything, but it does happen.

The biggest issue I have with it is the battery goes in upside down, so the holes for battery venting, they are on the top of the mod. If the battery does vent, and it's near your face, there "could" be a potential for a problem, although to be fair, upside down batteries can be found in other mods, so this isn't just an issue with the Knight.

The review has not been published yet, otherwise I would suggest you read it. Suffice it to say that the mod has held up well in my usage. TBH, it is a basic mod and not as full featured as any mod with the Wismec chip set (like the VTC Mini) but the features it has are well implemented and perform consistently in my usage.

HTH!

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Realistically, I have never found a "PERFECT" mod, but the review sample that Smoant sent me has performed beautifully. I like it so much it is in my daily carry set. There is a singular "glitch" with mine, in SS 316L temperature control mode. If you change the default joules settings (there isn't any reason to change it, I do it out of habit), every so often it will reset them to the default settings. It is more of an annoyance than anything, but it does happen.

The biggest issue I have with it is the battery goes in upside down, so the holes for battery venting, they are on the top of the mod. If the battery does vent, and it's near your face, there "could" be a potential for a problem, although to be fair, upside down batteries can be found in other mods, so this isn't just an issue with the Knight.

The review has not been published yet, otherwise I would suggest you read it. Suffice it to say that the mod has held up well in my usage. TBH, it is a basic mod and not as full featured as any mod with the Wismec chip set (like the VTC Mini) but the features it has are well implemented and perform consistently in my usage.

HTH!
I watched a review last night so i am not for sure but i think it was said that the knight isnt compatible with rta's.. Which if it is true is a major issue for me.. You have any science on this topic?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I watched a review last night so i am not for sure but i think it was said that the knight isnt compatible with rta's.. Which if it is true is a major issue for me.. You have any science on this topic?

This is somewhat true, an RTA can be used with the Knight if you use an extension adapter. Otherwise, by itsefl, no the tank guard gets in the way. I have tested with an adapter and it works just as well as with a tank, but it does add an additional purchase (approx. $10 or so) to the cost.

VU Sponsors