Become a Patron!

Your "go to" 18650 ... what is it?

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not while hunting in the deep woods along a thin trail and a canvas sack! Hasn't anybody else heard of this or was I the only gullible 5 year old? Starting to seam as a waisted reference. Sorry to have waisted time here, move along, nothing to see..........

I wasn't critiquing your methods of snipe hunting, just pointing out there is a real bird called snipe (and I think they are huntable, just not with a sack and a whistle).

I understand the reference. I think you're the only one I've heard of who's actually been on a snipe hunt.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Righto! I have been following HJK and AkkuDB for about a year now ... its because of HJK that I became comfortable with venturing into mechs, due to battery safety concerns. Since then, I will not buy a battery that does not have a published test for it.

HJK has been my late night companion on many occasions, I used to be totally obsessed with reviewing battery tests. :oops:
Thank you for the great battery info!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't critiquing your methods of snipe hunting, just pointing out there is a real bird called snipe (and I think they are huntable, just not with a sack and a whistle).

I understand the reference. I think you're the only one I've heard of who's actually been on a snipe hunt.

MAN WHAT A TOUGH CROWD! And to answer the previous question by @havok333 , no I really have not heard about a battery with those specs. Due to size and chemical makeup, I don't believe such a battery is possible, currently, the 18650 size. As new battery technology developes, who knows what the future holds???

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1. Anybody have experience with the Panasonic NCR18650BE? It's billed as the supposed successor to the PF.
2. Regarding the more volatile chemistry ICR batteries - e.g., Samsung and LG make them - have any of you found them to be both good and safe at lower wattages?

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sony Vtc 5 awesome battery life and 30 amps what's not to love...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1. Anybody have experience with the Panasonic NCR18650BE? It's billed as the supposed successor to the PF.
2. Regarding the more volatile chemistry ICR batteries - e.g., Samsung and LG make them - have any of you found them to be both good and safe at lower wattages?

If I find it that will probably be my new battery of choice. I've used NCR-A and 3100mah ended up only being a 50 puff difference from NCR-B's 3400mah. Final would depend on the discharge and longevity.

Some of the Samsung's (like the pink 26f) aren't the old kind of ICR, they're fine. How do you know what is what? I wait and see what others report or stick with what I know.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
question for this thread - for the 4nine mech .. supposed to be using a button top since its direct contact.. but the Sony batteries are only flattop correct?

I'm using AW 18650's for now but wondering what you guys suggest I could use instead, or if there are any better button tops I should grab

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm doing fine with the Panasonic NCR18650PF. But will also try the Efest 3100 purple in the near future for shitz-n-giggles.

How about the rest of you?
For Mechs and DNA based mods VTC4, VTC5, LG 35A (In the mail) for reg VV/VW I really like the the Panasonic PD. The old grey Panasonic CGR's are great also

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
question for this thread - for the 4nine mech .. supposed to be using a button top since its direct contact.. but the Sony batteries are only flattop correct?

I'm using AW 18650's for now but wondering what you guys suggest I could use instead, or if there are any better button tops I should grab
You could just get some small battery spacer magnets

VU Sponsors