Become a Patron!

Your opinion needed

Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Occasionally I will find juice on the top of my battery. I was cleaning it off with a q-tip but my favorite vape shop worker told me not to because of the fibers. He uses paper towel instead. I would like to hear from the "old schoolers" as to which they think is the best method.

Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I loved your answer Thunderball, and it answered my question, thanks. Back to the Q-tips it is.

Anyone else?

duroSIG556R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think he indicated that q-tips can leave behind fibers which may hinder conductivity if you neglect to get rid of them.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Silvers.......I use Q- Tips, paper towels, real towels, my shirt sleeve, my wifes shirt sleeve...what ever I can find.

Tell your vapeshop worker he is funny.... Fibers ?
That's about it. The vape shop worker isn't exactly wrong. He's just being extra precautious. A quick wipe and blow will do it.

What tank are you using? I rarely get juice on my connections anymore

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A quick wipe and blow works for me but that's a different forum. Socks. Use the top of your socks. Pants cover it and who cares if it stains.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Be carefull with the blow thing . You get that crap in your eyes and you Will regret it. A lot.
man there is so much i could say towards this post, ROFL. You have just made it to easy. I will just walk away and leave this one alone. HEHEHEHEHE

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you want to be really picky, use one of those lint-less cloths like the ones you use for eyeglasses.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to add, for only bc it hasn't been mentioned I think, keep things dry so they don't rust. Those little ego chargers were notorious for rusting even when I'd keep them wiped dry

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Q-tips not only absorb the juice drop but you can the clean the 510 connector threads pretty easy. Anything is better than doing nothing and risking juice getting in the device.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a q-tips to clean out my threads every so often funny the dirty black stuff that can come out of there. And on occasion I may see a stuck fiber or two but I always check to make sure! Also, doesn't seem to happen as much with name brand qtips as it does generic ones..... Maybe some Japaneese f.k.a Harrow Friend (sorry missed the name change on mod envy the other night cotton wouldn't leave any fibers Lol

Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to add, for only bc it hasn't been mentioned I think, keep things dry so they don't rust. Those little ego chargers were notorious for rusting even when I'd keep them wiped dry

The chargers are not something I thought of before. Good point Kid. Do you mean the ones that have the short cord with a USB at one end & the screw-on part at the other? What part rusts and how do you clean it?

Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Q-tips not only absorb the juice drop but you can the clean the 510 connector threads pretty easy. Anything is better than doing nothing and risking juice getting in the device.

Exactly. I clean the threads too and it is amazing at how much black stuff comes off after only one use!.

Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a q-tips to clean out my threads every so often funny the dirty black stuff that can come out of there. And on occasion I may see a stuck fiber or two but I always check to make sure! Also, doesn't seem to happen as much with name brand qtips as it does generic ones..... Maybe some Japaneese f.k.a Harrow Friend (sorry missed the name change on mod envy the other night cotton wouldn't leave any fibers Lol

I found the cheap tips from Dollar General have been working the best. The cotton is wound tighter and not so much as name brand, giving a thinner tip to get down in between threads.

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol at least once a week. And occasionally I will spray some canned air into the drip well to get the stuff that gets stuck under the pin. I turn the mod away from my face to avoid eye attacks :D

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chargers are not something I thought of before. Good point Kid. Do you mean the ones that have the short cord with a USB at one end & the screw-on part at the other? What part rusts and how do you clean it?
Yeah, they'd rust even if wiping it dry all the time. And the ego 510 would rust once the coating was scratched and came off

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Occasionally I will find juice on the top of my battery. I was cleaning it off with a q-tip but my favorite vape shop worker told me not to because of the fibers. He uses paper towel instead. I would like to hear from the "old schoolers" as to which they think is the best method.
I use one of my Dogs (siberians) I just take the Mod and wipe it right on them cleans it every time :)

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Q-Tips here too. And every once and awhile a pencil eraser followed by 99% iso with a Q-Tip.

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything within reach. Q-tips are fine, it's not like the fibers are going to explode if you run current through them. I've used my shirt, paper towel, nearby squirrels....

VU Sponsors