Become a Patron!

Your perfect build?

BLiZZ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a general quizzical question on personal preference. Let's suppose money, time, acquiring and set up were no options... what would be your perfect build? from drip tip, to tank/coils, base, mod, even the batteries.

Currently I am using the Wismec Reuleaux RX 200 with Efest 18650's (x3), and a no-brand 5mm tip with adjustable airflow and glass core. The tank is the Smok TFV4 with the triple coil core. I've had it since the RX200 was first released.

I am asking the question because I want to start using/building an RDA again. I had an amazing 0.1 ohm set up I built in a knock-off dripper base that was 32mm diamater (yeah, I know, it was gigantic)I used the clapton coil set up (dual) and standard organic cotton balls for my wicks. However, I no longer have this set up and have been looking for new things. There are so many and I have been leaning towards a velocity style dripper (tobeco clone probably) but with so many options and methods I was curious what all y'all would prefer if you could build anything.

Also, please tell me why you would want this build over any other.

Thanks!

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My current setup is a rx200s with a herakles RTA2 running dual coil Clapton's

24 gauge core and 28 gauge wrap, both kanthal
6 wraps
0.31 ohms @ 70-80 watts.

Would really like to mess with better builds on the herakles RDA 24. But that won't come until payday

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Eleaf IPOWER running a Boreas with dual 26ga 3.5mm 8/9 wrap ka1 coils for 1.2 ohms filled with a delicious RY4.

Same mod with a 3mm 6wrap 26ga ka1 5/6 wrap for .9 ohm with a very fruity Apple tobbaccy!

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rx200, Goon all u need :)
Throw in some 3mm 6 wrap 24/36 or 26/38 fused claptons and ur good to go!

BLiZZ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rx200, Goon all u need :)
Throw in some 3mm 6 wrap 24/36 or 26/38 fused claptons and ur good to go!

I do like the RX200. with the latest upgrade it is a beast pushing 250w. 0_o but... 3 batteries in a recharge cycle is a bit much. and I only run it between 70 - 90w anyway, so the extra 180+w is just wasted with me. hahaha

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spaced parallel 28 SS. 7 wraps and a 3.5 dia. Ohms out around .22 - Like it because it heats up quick and the spaced coils taste best without any spitting. I'm less and less endeared of the fancier builds I used to do.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do like the RX200. with the latest upgrade it is a beast pushing 250w. 0_o but... 3 batteries in a recharge cycle is a bit much. and I only run it between 70 - 90w anyway, so the extra 180+w is just wasted with me. hahaha
The new RX2/3 will let u use 2 or 3 battery's if ur using 2 u would get 150w

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The RX200 has a .1 limit...thats a buzzkill...Try a Hohm Wrecker G2, it would be the last and only mod you would ever need to own. (Ecig.com has them for around $70 now)

I suggest:

MODS: Hohm Wrecker G2

RTA's: Tornado Nano or Mage (Tornado Nano is easier to build and maintain),

RDA's: Goon, G24 Seminole, Petri V2, Twisted Messes Squared, and Shuriken

WIRE: N80 and 316L wire for best heating properties and great resistance range.

BATTERIES: LG HE2/HE4/HB2/HB4 or Samsung 25R/30Q for batteries and they have great specs for any scenario

ACCESSORIES: DotMod Drip Tip or Trinity Copa for 510 DT's

If you need any building advice dont hesitate to PM me...Ill help you get the basics down and possibly help you expand from there.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've spent over 10k in vaping during the last 6 years. They all vape differently. As for perfect it will never happen. It all boils down to a wick and coil. That lasts for a week, til fucking with it again. :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just bought the 1.5 How would you say they compare?
The V1 doesnt have TC for all Metals and only can fire down to .05 but the wattage and other features are there....Its still a great box and will be more then most will need. The G2 just gives a bit more.
The main things to take from the Hohm Wreckers are how they fire a coil...Its almost like a Mech for how smooth and consistent the vape is, no surging or continuously getting warmer. It sits where its set.
Coils fire instantly and get to peak temp in a blink of a eye...its like the XcubeII on Hard but only to peak set wattage temp..its hard to explain. The wattage is realistic, 100w seems hotter then most 200w boxes maxed out.

A clip of bulletproof the boxes are:

If you check out the Hohm Wrecker G2 thread you can see other people experiences with the mod also

Last edited:

BLiZZ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you need any building advice dont hesitate to PM me...Ill help you get the basics down and possibly help you expand from there.

Thanks for that. I will probably end up taking you up on that offer. :)

VU Sponsors