Become a Patron!

Your thoughts on high wattage vapors?

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
I've been in the middle of a pretty heated argument in multiple threads with members of that popular board who seems to think anybody vaping on a device lower then 1 Ohm is a no good, disrespectful cloud chasers who is going to get vaping either banned or highly regulated.

Many of their regulars seem to have this idea that everybody needs either an eGo, MVP 2.0 or a Provari or they are doing it wrong. The rest of us are just "Blowing CloudZ" and are shitting all over their industry.

I don't know why I continue to feed into it but I do. Perhaps it pisses me off because I know a good many of people could not quit smoking if not for something that can produce a decent amount of vapor whether it be a DNA device, IPV/Sigelei or even a Mech.

Am I overreacting about this while they post from their giant ship of superiority with the rest of us, swimming in the sea below them?

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was able to quit smoking on a kanger 808 many years ago. I sub-ohm not for the clouds per se, but because I get the maximum taste out of the juices I vape. Also, I use a rdna device and it would be impossible to get to 1 ohm or better. I don't bother to even get involved in those conversations. Whatever gets you off of the analogs is all good.:)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not had a over 1 ohm vape in over a year and a half.
Mechs and sub ohms, sigelei and drippers etc.. are the only things that have gotten me from 18-24 mg+ to 3 mg.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arguing high or low wattage vaping wont change anyone's opinion on that matter. Instead, might be better to focus that energy writing to your legislature, tell them you will dedicate all your time to rally others to make sure they never get re-elected if they continue on trying to pass silly anti-vape laws.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't sweat it! There will always be two catagories of people regarding most subjects. Enjoy what you enjoy.
(I'm currently enjoying a 0.3ohm dual coil build on my Sig 150 :D)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry about it dude....
It doesn't matter if ur a cloud chaser,a flavor chaser or the mouth to lung hitter, there's always haters.... Just vape,be safe,be respectful of others....
Vape on
BIGBOYVAPER

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Enough with this old argument.
I'm a flavor chaser and use mostly RDAs, I've evolved and advanced with my gear because I'm smart, but if someone wants to stay in the past with his ego or kayfun at 10W that's his problem not mine.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting topic , but what's the problem ? Did we all smoke the same brand .....did we smoke the same way ? To each his or her own ,if it keeps you off the cigs .
If one uses what they bought 2 years ago great (save a lot of cash ), if you blow clouds, great (but not when it bothers people) . Some people love their Harley , while others drive only cars .
It's called being narrow minded , and ignorant about others . Whatever works for you ,and keeps you happy .

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's far more to vaping then wattage and ohms

You could build a 1 ohm or higher RDA and push 100 watts through it to produce big clouds.
You could build a 0.1 ohm RDA and push much lower wattage though it and produce the same clouds.

My 0.8ohm Cerberus clone with three 19 wrap 28 gauge coils @ 80 watts (about the volt limit for my sig 100) is comparable to my 0.15 ohm Mutation X v2 clone with dual 7.5 wrap 22 gauge coils @ 60 watts, and better then the mutation at 50 watts. Different resistances, but the cerberus makes up for it with mass and extra wattage.

Right, cloud chasing is going to get vaping banned. That's why all the articles we see mention huge clouds as a reason to kep people off them. Oh, wait, they rarely mention huge clouds. And when they have, it has just been in a visual reference, nothing relating to being harmful.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're talking about ecf. That place is a joke. They also think that instead of being knowledgeable about and respecting lithium batteries we should fear them like they're glass tubes filled with nitroglycerin. I don't go there anymore.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey it's all about what works for you and makes you happy ! Who is anyone to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do unless of course it could hurt you or someone around you. Even at that it should only be a suggestion and not anything more. You have a great day and enjoy what your doing !

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very good points indeed!

And with just about any other "lifestyle" or "Hobby" whatever you wish to call it, you are going to find some Elitist and Snobs promoting their device or methods above all else and if you do not conform to their views or habits prepare to be treated like a second or third hand citizen.

Just a couple of years or so ago, it was the proud Provari owners, and the chosen few (well that had a lot of money burning holes in their pockets) that could afford the brand new Variable Voltage mods becoming available for the first time. And anyone else but me remember the original DNA mod by Evolv?

Then came the first Variable Wattage devices still for some rather serious $$$$.

Then came the Chinese during the past year or so that have really leveled the playing field so now everyone can afford a decent VW mod.

And most recently the great "Clone Wars" with the battle cry "I only use originals and anyone even selling clones should be banned under penalty of death and having the booth that you paid good money for at a vaping event be shut down on the spot".

And now the rift (for want of a better word) between folks that just want a tasty vape and the Cloud Chasing movement.

Me, I fall into the tasty vape category and my coils range anywhere between 0.30 and 2.4 ohms depending on my build and device of the moment. Can I blow big clouds? Sure I can but I don't (except from time to time to put a rude vaper in their place for being a Snob/Jerk).

Do I have some nice gear? You Betcha I do. Do you care what kind of gear I have? I doubt it.

Do I look down at another vaper for using a simple eGo battery with a CE4 on top of it? I most certainly do not (even though I think anything that starts with CE is crap) as long as it keeps them off of the Analog "Stinkies".

JERKS.jpg

Just saying.....................................................

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you're talking about ecf. That place is a joke. They also think that instead of being knowledgeable about and respecting lithium batteries we should fear them like they're glass tubes filled with nitroglycerin. I don't go there anymore.
You are absolutely right and I think I'm done over there. Now if I could figure out how to remove their forum from my tapatalk list.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You are absolutely right and I think I'm done over there. Now if I could figure out how to remove their forum from my tapatalk list.

Hold on it. Click delete. Life is good.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There have been people like the clique over at ECF for all of recorded history. There were those people who called the steam engine "Satan's Machine", and those who insisted that man would have been born with wings if he was meant to fly. Zealots are all over the place, they need something or some issue to rail against to make their lives meaningful. I chase clouds with sub-ohm setups, and also use a Provari with a Kayfun at 1.5 Ohms. If the Zealots are insistent on a limited scope of hardware and atty builds, then that's their issue, not ours. I choose to hoist my middle finger at folks like that and tell them to take a long walk off a short pier.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Vape what makes you happy and satisfied. Anyone worried about others device and builds, except in the case of it being dangerous, are best ignored. Somehow, somewhere, there is always drama in the vape world's online presence. I can't quite put my finger on why, what with us all wanting the government not interfering with our vaping, it seems backwards to argue over such petty shit such as what others are vaping. A bit hypocritical. Oh well, this place is nice, I hang out here.

VU Sponsors