Become a Patron!

Your Thoughts on Malic Acid, Sour Flavors, Sweet Tarts?

Jetson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just did a search here on malic acid and didn't really find much, but I'm a terrible Googler and searcher so I'm sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, or am posting in the wrong place.

I like super sour flavors, like those real sour candies. And I really like the TFA Sweet Tarts. Played around a little with the malic acid/PG solution, just a drop or two. Didn't really seem to do much for me, maybe I need to add more. Seems to add a bit more throat hit, but only a tiny bit of sour. The Sweet Tart flavor seems more sour all by itself. Any other flavors out there like Sweet Tarts you know of or can suggest?

Do any of you guys like stuff like that, too? Your thoughts? Thanks.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been fooling around with a Berry Sour flavor. I have the berry part but I added FW 'Sour' at the recommended percentage for this recipe (1%) and don't get any sour at all. I'm now slowly increasing the sour to see if I can find something I like. Good luck - I haven't found a commercial 'sour' that I like.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interested to see what people say. I have tfa sour and was wanting to try a sour watermelon. But haven't been able to find many recipes using it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find to get it as sour as I would like it hurts my lungs.
Funny I have a grip of flavors but settled on only a few.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. I too would be interested in knowing what the best sour to use and or a good recipe to implement it. Thank you!

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
I have been playing with a sweet tart flavor for my daughter using as @Huckleberried said FA Lime Cold Press, also FA Lemon Sicily with INW Lemon and a couple drops of 10% Solution of Citric acid. It's getting there just not where I want it yet. May need some other background fruit to bring to sour forward and not just the tart, to get a little pucker effect. Have been leaning maybe to trying FA Kiwi

VU Sponsors