Become a Patron!

Zero Modz 60w broken 510! :(

Hey guys!

Ive read a couple of threads about the aforementioned mod and i can see there are some people that have played with it quite a bit. I have an issue with mine....

I got it today from fasttech and its my first c shaped mod! Everything seemed to be fine until i tried adjusting the 510 pin so my subtank could make a connection. I didnt apply too much force and i did turn it in the correct direction. The 520 pin (or some of it anw! ) jumped out making the mod useless!! It was cut in half!

1ekn0o.jpg

Is there any way i could get the rest of it out and maybe install another one or should i get a replacement? (If the do send me one that is !)

Any advice?

Thanks !

Attachments

• received_10153020374578456.jpeg
    received_10153020374578456.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont think its covered in anything you paid for so DIY may be the only way to fix it, I suggest taking it completely apart and seeing how the rest of the pin is held in. If its threaded in then you may need to drill it out and find a similar pin at Lowes/Home Depot or could fabricate one from a copper bolt/screw with a dremel (Tedious Process). First of all search to see if there is a replacement 520 pin for hat device and try that first..Good Luck!

It would be helpful for you to take it apart then take pics of the guts and connector then post the here to see if anyone else has something to say

Well to my defense it seemed that it was already damaged really.. As for DIY, ill try taking it apart as you suggested. Ill post pictures as soon as i do so but in the mean time, anyone who has a clue of what type of a screw so i know what im looking for would be extremely helpful! I dont know what to look for that is..

When you say drill it out, wouldnt that hurt the threads? Isnt there another easier way of getting that out of there? Super glueing a screwdriver in there maybe?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No you cant superglue a screwdriver in to get it out, you will only need a drill bit that is smaller then the pin and would drill a hole through it and use a screwdriver or something to gain leverage to turn it. As I look on fasttech I am seeing that the pin is reverse threaded also...I am looking for a easy replacment for you but I wouldnt get your hopes up since its not a 1:1 Zero Modz clone (Different 510)....I would try sending a ticket to fasttech and see what can be done since its not going to be a simple fix and will require some time and effort to replace it, especially if your not rounded in DIY repairs..

I already opened a ticket with them fingers crossed. I fix electronics for a part time job so diying is not an issue, just not so familiar with the parts! Thanks a lot btw for replying ! :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I already opened a ticket with them fingers crossed. I fix electronics for a part time job so diying is not an issue, just not so familiar with the parts! Thanks a lot btw for replying ! :D
No problem, I hope it sorts out for you!

VU Sponsors