Become a Patron!

Zna 60 (50 watt) What's inside? Gr-star?

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my first regulated apv. I began and stuck with mechanicals, so really not sure what I have here.

Few things I want to know about this cool looking mod. what chip is in this thing? How to prolong the lifespan/matinance for a regulated device? Known issues? How to fix the finicky buttons? Should I try to trade it for another mech? Some suggestions for a build that would be satisfying, yet battery efficent and discreet enough to puff on while working. (Volunteering... No job right now)

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_20151228_211122941.jpg

Anybody have any information on the chip and quality of this thing? Also would appreciate some build advice for regulated mods. Maybe some reference material above what steam engine has to offer.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't find a lot of information on your mod. I did happen to find a review on YouTube you might want to look at. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cheers,
Steve

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Appreciate your input. That is the only thing I could find specific to GrStar as well.

Who are you gr star? Where are you? What are you?

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The creators of the original have a lot of info on the clones weirdly, as well as servicing them and upgrading them.

House of Zen I believe? Or something similar, they also make the Kabuki tank that I want so badly, yet 90$ is breaking my balls for a tank.

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to call them. Zen makes incredible stuff.

It would be neat to have a clone/authentic hybrid of a hybrid tube/box mod.

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I called and he is just as in the dark as I am. For the cost of shipping, I can send it in, have it inspected, and then, if possible, pay for the upgrade service.

I am very tempted, but every cent I get has already been spoken for.

Last edited:

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Cloupor ZNA50. I loved it when I first got it. About 6 months in the fire button started being a bitch and would sometimes take multiple presses. But really depended on what you were doing. Simple firing was ok but powering on or off took patience. I still use it some. I have never seen this particular variant. But yes I have heard that Zen will work on ALL of the clones if issues arise. And yes I have also heard that they have extensive information on all the copies of their work. They are ALL copies of the original ZNA30. There is a Wotofo clone and a Robotech (or some such) clone in addition to the Cloupor and the one pictured above.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HoH was not familiar with the gr star version.

Found a possible connection to Shenxi. I think a black hawk mech I have was made by them.. Are they a clone manufacturer? Maybe I'm mistaken.

VU Sponsors