Zombie's Build diary

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Zohmbiebuilds, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Here is for new builders as guide. This is how I started.

Micro coils. Because at the time I didn't have shit in the way of building but the type of person I am I jump head first and always have to be extreme. It's the street junkie in me. I've just found a different dope. My new dope, and Chase is Vaping. And helping others. You can do this. It's not hard. You don't have to have an type of tools to make simple workable decent builds.

Hell, I Still love a nice nc80, or even nc60 round wire build on my unregulated.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

2. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    As I got not in to making my vape a bit more hot I I started twisting up Nichrome. It's a great vape. Still I really like twisted 24g 2.5id nichrome80. It's a nice warm wet vape. It works great and no one can knock a twisted build. I realized I like my wire like I like my women. Twisted as hell. I don't like wire twisted lightly. Imo I like it twisted more. I also got into parallel builds and started there for about a month. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KarmicRage, Wtmke1 and gopher_byrd like this.
  3. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    There's a picture of me when I got my fourth month sobriety coin in AA. Aren't I handsome. Some more twisted builds. I was playing with surface area. Kinda learning the ropes. As you can see that Rusty twisted build served me well. It was a solid vape..

Anyone thinking man, that shit is to complicated, or I can't do it, you fucking can do it. If I can do it, a guy who has ate out of fucking trash cans, shot dope and smoked crack, in sure you can too glad I don't have to live life that way. If there's someone reading, that knows what I'm talking about. There's always someone who had it hard, and there's someone who's got it harder than me. Pm me, we can talk. I'm always here for fellow addicts.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

r055co, KarmicRage, SpectoVia and 2 others like this.
  4. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Then, I started making cool twisted builds. I still to this day keep a hive coil in one atty. It's to me, the very best a twisted build has to offer. I worked on getting it just perfect. The best way to make hive wire imo is 4 28g SS 316l stands twisted in pairs then twisted the same way until your ridges match up. Usually just right before it snaps. I had no drill but the will and want to make a coil that I could honestly be happy with.

I love hive Coils. Simply put, I'm now learning things like fused Claptons, Claptons, flat Clapton, etc. I like my FC just like everyone else, but if your not able to drill or don't want to Clapton and learn Hive coils maximize the surface space and areas where juice gets trapped.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

gopher_byrd likes this.
  5. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I promise, if you have the will, there will always be a way. I found out that life is what you make it, not what you make in it.

These hive Coils are very well built. Great mech use, and give great vape.

I'll continue as I mature. This thread is about everything from building, getting sober, seeing the beauty in life, and watching as vaping has changed my life.

My life is not great, not by any means... What is great is how I chose to view the experiences I have in life and learn from my past to make way for my future. I am putting my heart and soul into this thread.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. warchild

warchild New Member

Blog Posts:

7. warchild

warchild New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just started playing around with doing some building to see if I could do it and if I would like it. Being disabled I figured it would give me something to do.

Pegleg Meg and gopher_byrd like this.
  8. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Hey brother. I'll be the first to tell you that it can be done, and some of the best therapy you could ask for. I picked this as a hobby because I needed to get out of my head so to speak. I am a recovering addict and really needed a hobby to take up since of my time. Putting this diary up is just that. It's not only about building but about my life as a recovering addict, my progression through coiling, and my want and will to serve my higher power and help people while helping myself.

Can I assist you in any way? If you need someone to talk to I'm here. I'll never judge ya. Pm if you need to talk have an idea etc. I'm not the best and don't got shit on @raymo2u or @CrazyChef, or @strigamort @fudgeyfinger

Them some building ass MFers. But with practice and diligence I will soon be catching up slower than I'd like love you guys sorry if I butchered your name. That's just got I remember you guys

raymo2u and warchild like this.
  9. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Never mind the review shit I review stuff on my Instagram but I killed it. I took this hobby in an entirely different direction than when I first decided this to be my hobby.

Pegleg Meg and raymo2u like this.
  10. warchild

warchild New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey I appreciate you letting me know if I need any help all I need to do is ask.

Pegleg Meg and raymo2u like this.
  11. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Yup no prob buddy

12. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Here's a few[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Newer[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  14. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Here's my most current build. Fishtail braid with no core.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KarmicRage and Pegleg Meg like this.
  15. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I have been busy on the drill these passed few days and have come very close to mastering free hand aliens. I will be getting my swivles because I'd like to do longer runs and be able to make 4 coils a run. I am so very happy with how far I've come. Thanks to this place, VU, Im vaping on, and every atomizer has a decent pair of aliens. Except two that I really like for fused Claptons.

Here are some recent builds I don't care if there sloppy because this build diary is just that, beauty in imperfection. My rise to the ranks of a good builder. The purpose is to let people know that this is just an about practice. If I had more wire, a job, ability to get allot of spare wire, mostly 36g+ wire I'd be a bit further than I am. But, I'll take it. I have earned every bruise and gash.

Thank you guys[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KarmicRage likes this.
  16. gbalkam

gbalkam Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Great Post. Smokes were my addiction, but several years ago, a girl I was engaged to died from OD, (oxycotin) 6 months before we planned on getting married. I suspect that if she had known, and had known what that put me through for the next 8 years, she probably would have stopped cold turkey.

Twisted coils are a great starting coil. Better flavor than a straight wire wrap, and it gets you used to working with various wire types. For example 2x 2 strand twisted then wrapped in SS.

KarmicRage likes this.
  17. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I love coiling. I can alien pretty good now too. I want to get a couple Staples under my belt then try a fralien.

KarmicRage likes this.
  18. KarmicRage

KarmicRage Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Most important part of Staples is the setup. If you get the wire ribbon nice and tight it will act like square wire and stay parallel. Just remember not to use too much tension on your wrap hand. Also Staples will be much easier with swivels as the tension between two points I.E. The swivels and chuck of the drill, will help keep everything aligned. They're much easier than Aliens dude so if you've got them pretty much down you should fly through a staple :)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  19. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I like the sound of that @KarmicRage

KarmicRage likes this.
  20. SpectoVia

SpectoVia Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I’ve been checking in on your coil building posts. (In a total Coil Bro kind of way)
    You’re definitely getting some serious skills.
    You should get a PayPal account and start selling some of those schweet coils.

Pegleg Meg likes this.