Become a Patron!

1:1 ZNA 30 clone by Robbot Tech

Nikkita6, in another ZNA thread you helped me with my concerns I had with an order from A-Modvapor/Wotofo. Since this ZNA thread is current, I'll post here. I had placed an order mid-August and heard nothing from any of my messages/email to them. Any idea what's going on there? Going to A-Modvapor's site only showed my order was "processing". It's worse now, for several days a-modvapor.com is just a white screen. Huh?

I too ordered a ZNA 30 mod directly from a-modvapor.com/wotofotech.com on August 13. They even sent me a confirmation of my order. As of this minute, they will no longer respond to any emails I send. At one point they wanted information on my purchase, which I provided. I'm afraid I've lost the $$ I paid and will never get anything out of them. As far as I'm concerned, they suck, and their customer service REALLY, REALLY SUCKS! Have you heard anything from them with regards to your order?

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I too ordered a ZNA 30 mod directly from a-modvapor.com/wotofotech.com on August 13. They even sent me a confirmation of my order. As of this minute, they will no longer respond to any emails I send. At one point they wanted information on my purchase, which I provided. I'm afraid I've lost the $$ I paid and will never get anything out of them. As far as I'm concerned, they suck, and their customer service REALLY, REALLY SUCKS! Have you heard anything from them with regards to your order?

No and like you, wondering if I've lost my payment. :mad: Can I ask how you paid? I used PayPal but making that payment was, well, different than my experiences with PayPay. I can find no record of that payment. If all I lose is the payment for the "ZNA", I may have to count my blessings.:eek:

I went and signed in at PayPal but used my credit card. The payment went to wonderful-ltd. Did you get a confirmation email from them like I did? My order number was 35?. I've sent them probably 30 plus emails and the only way I've gotten any response was to threaten them saying I'd post the truth about how crappy their customer service it. I told them I'd post on their FB page, ECF and here. At one point they promised to send me my order but nope. Makes me furious they have my money and I have nothing and they won't respond to my emails most times.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
dsconnell, yes, I signed in at PayPal and used my cc, got a confirmation and that's the last I've heard from them. Not so many emails and contacts at the site, five or six maybe, but nothing in return. FWIW I still can't access their website, pushing a couple weeks since it disappeared. Like I've said, just let me cancel my order and get on with things, jeez....

redordead

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Nikkita, here"s hoping FC begins to stock the Robot in the Chinese store - not really interested in the 50 watt version, as it is - if I ever get hold of the Robot ZNA the first thing I'll do is replace the chip with a real Evolv chip.

Hey anson. Been following this thread and decided to sign up. I have been using a company in the states called www.myus.com. Basically they are a shipping company that forward US post to anywhere in the world. You get a private address in the US, and when your package arrives in there depot, you get notified and you can choose a shipping option for your mail. You can also wait for further packages and ship them together.

There is a one time fee for a standard package which is about 10$ I think. Then postage via DHL would be about 25$ more or less.

I've been using them since 2008 and they are very professional and reliable. Going this route the robbot zna 30 would be with you in about 7 days!!! :)

Hope this helps!

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cheers mate - I may actually do this as I want one of these so badly and they seem to be pretty thin on the ground.
Thanks!

redordead

Member For 4 Years
Cheers mate - I may actually do this as I want one of these so badly and they seem to be pretty thin on the ground.
Thanks!

No worries. Glad I could help!

It really is a great service so you've got no worries if you go ahead and do it. We'll maybe customs, but that's another story!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!

Anson, I did speak to FC about getting the Robbot for the China warehouse, to which they agreed .. Not sure how long it will take, but I am sure it will take longer than a week, more like two probably. Or you can go the route that the poster above suggested. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I went and signed in at PayPal but used my credit card. The payment went to wonderful-ltd. Did you get a confirmation email from them like I did? My order number was 35?. I've sent them probably 30 plus emails and the only way I've gotten any response was to threaten them saying I'd post the truth about how crappy their customer service it. I told them I'd post on their FB page, ECF and here. At one point they promised to send me my order but nope. Makes me furious they have my money and I have nothing and they won't respond to my emails most times.

You definitely need to open a Paypal dispute asap .. Its one thing for it to take a long time to process this order, the production time is longer than most ecig devices, but to send that many emails with not response is UNACCEPTABLE!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
dsconnell, yes, I signed in at PayPal and used my cc, got a confirmation and that's the last I've heard from them. Not so many emails and contacts at the site, five or six maybe, but nothing in return. FWIW I still can't access their website, pushing a couple weeks since it disappeared. Like I've said, just let me cancel my order and get on with things, jeez....

You too Newtsche, open a Paypal dispute because that is pure bullshit!

I am also interested in the Tobeco clone that comes in a variety of colors. I am so glad I waited to pick up one of the first versions out there (thanks to Nikki telling me to hold off). I think the best course of action is to continue to wait until everything shakes out to see what is what. The review for the Robbot version might sway that thou.

Has anyone bought from Zainy before? The version they have with the LiPo that I just read about here is now adding to my frustration. I love the fact of an internal ever since my first MVP.......................... You have to love being a vaper now a days because every week something new hits the market not like the day I started back 6 years ago...........talk about being frustrated ;-). I do know I will never need a device over 30 w hell even a 20 w device does me fine. The fact that we can now buy 180 plus watts is really getting crazy. What in Gods name would anyone need that much power for? At that setting what the hell would your vape taste like? Molten lava???

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey ahardrain,

I have never dealt with Zainy beyond an email to try and decipher which kind of ZNA they have .. according to Zainy they have built in lipo version, the regular two tube version, and the Cloupor 50W. I have never seen the feedback of anyone who ordered from them, so I have no clue how they are as a company but .....

You could be the guinea pig and order from them and then tell me how it worked out:D And it would be awesome if you got the lipo version so that I can finally see what the hell it looks like ;) Then you could say it was all for the sake of research, so you had to do it ... and then tell me all about it. :p

Oink oink lol. o_O I don't mind being a guinea pig God knows with everything I have bought over the years I should have a "Bacon badge". I been hanging out tonight here thinking of catching Mod Envy tonight. So while I wait I did some Googling on reviews of Zainy. They are the typical Chinese vendor great prices long wait times. I am used to it I have a few orders in shipment now from FT. The major drawback of buying this one mod is the fact that it will ship as a battery and that will mean an even longer wait because of customs.So by the time I actually get it every other ZNA will have launched and I will still be waiting.

You have the Robbot in hand now right Nikki? When do you think your review will be posted at VC? Your reviews rock by the way. Regardless of what ZNA I get (at least 2 or 3 of them) Once they crap out I plan on sending over to HOH and getting a Evolve board put in. This is the one device I have been waiting on because I love the style. I also have a few of the iSticks on the way and excited to see how these little guys work. I am hoping with the Zen and the iSticks I will be set for the next year with buying PV's. At least that is what I am saying now. :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Oink oink lol. o_O I don't mind being a guinea pig God knows with everything I have bought over the years I should have a "Bacon badge". I been hanging out tonight here thinking of catching Mod Envy tonight. So while I wait I did some Googling on reviews of Zainy. They are the typical Chinese vendor great prices long wait times. I am used to it I have a few orders in shipment now from FT. The major drawback of buying this one mod is the fact that it will ship as a battery and that will mean an even longer wait because of customs.So by the time I actually get it every other ZNA will have launched and I will still be waiting.

You have the Robbot in hand now right Nikki? When do you think your review will be posted at VC? Your reviews rock by the way. Regardless of what ZNA I get (at least 2 or 3 of them) Once they crap out I plan on sending over to HOH and getting a Evolve board put in. This is the one device I have been waiting on because I love the style. I also have a few of the iSticks on the way and excited to see how these little guys work. I am hoping with the Zen and the iSticks I will be set for the next year with buying PV's. At least that is what I am saying now. :p

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about the shipping restrictions on batteries .. I wonder why China even chose to attempt this? I mean if it ain't broke then why try to fix it. Being a clone, if the original doesn't have a lipo battery, then why put one in the clone. That alone would deter me from getting one of these... although the curiosity is killing me! :p

I have had the Robbot for almost two weeks now .. based on my schedule the Robbot review will probably post on Oct 13th .. eek. I know that sounds far off, but I have at least four other products that came in before it, and I try to remain true to the "first come, first serve" rule. And thank you so much for what you said about my reviews. :) Being the knowledge hoarder that I am, I take my reviews very seriously and it is important to me to never put out fluff crap nonsense.

Knowledge is power. ;)

redordead

Member For 4 Years
I have had the Robbot for almost two weeks now .. based on my schedule the Robbot review will probably post on Oct 13th .. eek. I know that sounds far off, but I have at least four other products that came in before it, and I try to remain true to the "first come, first serve" rule.

Rules are there to be broken! ;)

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
The a-modvapor.com website is back up after a couple weeks down. It shows my order is still "processing". dsconnell, we ordered on the same day, my order was #336.

You too Newtsche, open a Paypal dispute because that is pure bullshit!

I'm guessing dsconnell did what I did, used Paypay info to verify credit card, not an actual Paypal transaction. I talked with my cc company and they have no record of this. It's beginning to look like a-modvapor, at all ends as a business, can't find their butts with both hands.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The a-modvapor.com website is back up after a couple weeks down. It shows my order is still "processing". dsconnell, we ordered on the same day, my order was #336.

I'm guessing dsconnell did what I did, used Paypay info to verify credit card, not an actual Paypal transaction. I talked with my cc company and they have no record of this. It's beginning to look like a-modvapor, at all ends as a business, can't find their butts with both hands.

Wow .. sorry to hear this Newtsche :( .. And I couldn't agree with you more about Wotofo, they really don't have their shit together. As I went through the process of research for my review and had a few conversations with Wotofo, I was giving them the side eye the entire.

mrcrunch08

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't fall for the robbot tech stuff. I sold my wotofo/amod version to purchase this robbot tech one and just got it today. Robbot tech has some serious qc issues. Firstly right out of the box I put a battery in and upon tightening the bottom cap the tube just continues to spin without ever getting tight. The right button was stuck so upon unlocking it just rapidly went to 30watts and nothing I did to the button could stop it. The finish is good in pictures but you can see brush marks on it in person. It always fires 0.2v lower then what it says it is firing at and has no cutoff and I have fired this thing for 30seconds straight with out any cutoff kicking in. I already knew about the none adjustable 510 but was hoping it had the same play as the authentic but it doesn't. The 18490 and the extra 18650 tube I got had a pretty poorly done finish or was handled very poorly after the finishing process. I did sort most of the issues out but in comparison the /amod one came in pristine condition and fired accurately with no issue of sticking buttons. The sticky button issue was caused by the tube pressing against the top section of the black plastic holding the chip set in so moving the threaded part out solved that issue but also showed why getting the tube snug was an issue. Unlike other zna clones or at least the /amod zna the part that the battery positive pin screws into is held in place with a cheap plastic tube and not metal. That is a break just waiting to happen. If I snug that pin up tight enough to completely stop the tube from spinning it pulls the threaded part in causing the button to stick again or prevents me from screwing the tube back on. I did manage to get a good medium so as long as I stop tightening the tube right after I feel resistance it won't spin or feel loose. The lock feature is a bit strange. Sometimes it locks with three quick pushes of the fire button and sometimes four but never needs all five pushes to lock. The knurling on the topcaps are not 1:1 so the replacement top cap I wanted is going to look of but that isn't really an issue. If not for those issues though this would absolutely be the version to get. It has a much better firing button and the up down buttons are flush unlike the amod that sticks way out. Having had some quality time with an authentic zna I would compare this how it came out of the box to a defect authentic while I would say the wotofo/amod us a quality clone. After doing some tinkering to get everything sorted like it should come new and the fact the messed up parts of the tubes luckily hide behind the zna I'm happy but I was pissed at first and anyone not familiar with a zna or doesn't like to tinker will be let down and better off with another version.

mrcrunch08

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And just noticed that once an 18500 gets down to 3.6v you aren't going to get it to fire above 3.9v unless you pop the battery out and put it back in. Then you get a few more full power puffs till its back to nothing again. I'm only vaping at 13watts so nothing crazy either.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't fall for the robbot tech stuff. I sold my wotofo/amod version to purchase this robbot tech one and just got it today. Robbot tech has some serious qc issues. Firstly right out of the box I put a battery in and upon tightening the bottom cap the tube just continues to spin without ever getting tight. The right button was stuck so upon unlocking it just rapidly went to 30watts and nothing I did to the button could stop it. The finish is good in pictures but you can see brush marks on it in person. It always fires 0.2v lower then what it says it is firing at and has no cutoff and I have fired this thing for 30seconds straight with out any cutoff kicking in. I already knew about the none adjustable 510 but was hoping it had the same play as the authentic but it doesn't. The 18490 and the extra 18650 tube I got had a pretty poorly done finish or was handled very poorly after the finishing process. I did sort most of the issues out but in comparison the /amod one came in pristine condition and fired accurately with no issue of sticking buttons. The sticky button issue was caused by the tube pressing against the top section of the black plastic holding the chip set in so moving the threaded part out solved that issue but also showed why getting the tube snug was an issue. Unlike other zna clones or at least the /amod zna the part that the battery positive pin screws into is held in place with a cheap plastic tube and not metal. That is a break just waiting to happen. If I snug that pin up tight enough to completely stop the tube from spinning it pulls the threaded part in causing the button to stick again or prevents me from screwing the tube back on. I did manage to get a good medium so as long as I stop tightening the tube right after I feel resistance it won't spin or feel loose. The lock feature is a bit strange. Sometimes it locks with three quick pushes of the fire button and sometimes four but never needs all five pushes to lock. The knurling on the topcaps are not 1:1 so the replacement top cap I wanted is going to look of but that isn't really an issue. If not for those issues though this would absolutely be the version to get. It has a much better firing button and the up down buttons are flush unlike the amod that sticks way out. Having had some quality time with an authentic zna I would compare this how it came out of the box to a defect authentic while I would say the wotofo/amod us a quality clone. After doing some tinkering to get everything sorted like it should come new and the fact the messed up parts of the tubes luckily hide behind the zna I'm happy but I was pissed at first and anyone not familiar with a zna or doesn't like to tinker will be let down and better off with another version.
Wow thanks for the heads up I was lik a day away from pulling the trigger on this and now I am having second thoughts

TmB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, I pretty much noticed all the same things with the Robbot ZNA I just received today. My right button wasn't quite stuck, but is tight and doesn't click as nicely as the left button. I took apart the top connector assembly, and the stainless steel center pin that's left when you take off the threaded connector is loose and wobbly.. I have little faith in it.

Another thing with mine is the tube sticks out a bit from the body.. it's not flush, which absolutely drives me nuts. And yeah, the 'knurling' is a joke. Faint lines etched into the metal is not knurling.

I'm rather disappointed considering the amount of money I paid for this. I really like the look and feel of the stainless body and smaller buttons. It's a shame their tolerances in machining aren't very good.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Possible update on my order with a-modvapor@twilightzone. As mentioned above, their website is back up, I could access my account there showing my order "is processing". Despite no responses from emails and using their contact function, I went ahead and wrote them to cancel my order. Now "My Account" says "Page cannot be found". Could be the order is, in fact, cancelled or their site still stinks. I'm betting on cancellation.:)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Yeah .. I cannot deny that I keep hearing about different QC issues .. someone one ECF said something similar to you about the wattage going immediately up to 30W. I am not sure if you are the same person who posted in the ZNA thread, but this is now the 5th QC problem that I am reading about, and so its not looking too good right now.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
And just noticed that once an 18500 gets down to 3.6v you aren't going to get it to fire above 3.9v unless you pop the battery out and put it back in. Then you get a few more full power puffs till its back to nothing again. I'm only vaping at 13watts so nothing crazy either.

Mine doesn't do that .. on a 490/500 battery I fire until there are no bars. But as I said in another thread, being that I am reviewing this device it makes sense that I got a "good one", but I will be including all feedback that I have read from other consumers in my review ..

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I pretty much noticed all the same things with the Robbot ZNA I just received today. My right button wasn't quite stuck, but is tight and doesn't click as nicely as the left button. I took apart the top connector assembly, and the stainless steel center pin that's left when you take off the threaded connector is loose and wobbly.. I have little faith in it.

Another thing with mine is the tube sticks out a bit from the body.. it's not flush, which absolutely drives me nuts. And yeah, the 'knurling' is a joke. Faint lines etched into the metal is not knurling.

I'm rather disappointed considering the amount of money I paid for this. I really like the look and feel of the stainless body and smaller buttons. It's a shame their tolerances in machining aren't very good.

The issue with the tube fitment with the main body you can fix very easily. Basically the positive contact screw is over tightened and pulls the threaded connector off center. Mine was perfect in this department when I received it, but after I modified the control head so that I could use both 490 and 500 batteries, my alignment was all messed up and I was PISSED! .. I was able to fix it, and the fix is posted on ECF in the Zen ZNA's are coming thread.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Possible update on my order with a-modvapor@twilightzone. As mentioned above, their website is back up, I could access my account there showing my order "is processing". Despite no responses from emails and using their contact function, I went ahead and wrote them to cancel my order. Now "My Account" says "Page cannot be found". Could be the order is, in fact, cancelled or their site still stinks. I'm betting on cancellation.:)

I hope that is what it means, but how can you be certain? I will keep my fingers crossed for you .. May be get the Cloupor ZNA 50 instead? Its the same Wotofo body, just has Cloupors 50 Watt chip inside.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got mine yesterday, other than a sharp edge on the firing button, everything is good. I got a zenesis z2 mod with the adjustable top in a trade and the z2 threads fit perfectly, with the added bonus of an adjustable 510 positive pin. AW 18490's seem to fit the best, I tried a purple efest 18490 and had a tiny gap when I threaded on the bottom cap. The zenesis 18650 tube even fits!

Addendum: Man, this mod kills 18490's. Even at 15 watts.

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got mine yesterday, other than a sharp edge on the firing button, everything is good. I got a zenesis z2 mod with the adjustable top in a trade and the z2 threads fit perfectly, with the added bonus of an adjustable 510 positive pin. AW 18490's seem to fit the best, I tried a purple efest 18490 and had a tiny gap when I threaded on the bottom cap. The zenesis 18650 tube even fits!

so which zna are we talking about and where did you get it from

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Addendum: Man, this mod kills 18490's. Even at 15 watts.

Well I am glad to hear that yours turned out well .. I am waiting for Robbot Tech to come back from Holiday so that I can give them a good talking to!

I modded mine so that I could use 490 and 500 batteries, although this effectively removes the mechanical reverse polarity protection. But I like being able to use both sets of batteries. Before I modded it, one of my 490 batteries is actually a hair longer then the other, and created a hair line gap with the longer battery ..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am glad to hear that yours turned out well .. I am waiting for Robbot Tech to come back from Holiday so that I can give them a good talking to!

I modded mine so that I could use 490 and 500 batteries, although this effectively removes the mechanical reverse polarity protection. But I like being able to use both sets of batteries. Before I modded it, one of my 490 batteries is actually a hair longer then the other, and created a hair line gap with the longer battery ..
I'm quite pleased with the fit and finish, I got the 18650 tube and it threads on with no issues. I'm running a big dripper clone with dual coils at .75 ohm and it just rocks. The 18490 batteries get killed quickly at 25 watts, but that's to be expected. I used a 20 amp Efest 18650 and it lasted a fair amount of time. I think if Robbot can address some of the qa issues some folks (including you) have, they will have a pretty good clone. I got one of the good ones aparrently, it was so worth the $89 compared to $260 for the real deal.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm quite pleased with the fit and finish, I got the 18650 tube and it threads on with no issues. I'm running a big dripper clone with dual coils at .75 ohm and it just rocks. The 18490 batteries get killed quickly at 25 watts, but that's to be expected. I used a 20 amp Efest 18650 and it lasted a fair amount of time. I think if Robbot can address some of the qa issues some folks (including you) have, they will have a pretty good clone. I got one of the good ones aparrently, it was so worth the $89 compared to $260 for the real deal.

That is awesome to hear, and I agree ... if Robbot can address, fix, and maintain a high level of quality control, then in my opinion it is the best overall ZNA clone on the market. My ZNA has zero issues, but to be fair that is to be expected, manufacturers usually make sure that their best device makes it into the hands of a reviewer .. The same efforts must be applied to those devices that make it into consumers hands.

I speak to Sylvia Robbot quite frequently, and continue to give her both good and bad feedback as I read about it. She has told me that they are making a focused effort to improve quality control, proof of which we will need time to see if that pans out to be true.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
It looks like the SX Mini may well blow all the players out of the water. Very much looking forward to following this development, expecting a dedicated thread on the SX Mini soon. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It looks like the SX Mini may well blow all the players out of the water. Very much looking forward to following this development, expecting a dedicated thread on the SX Mini soon. :)

Its so funny that I am reading your post now, right before I came in I noticed that someone just started a thread on the SX mini in this sub forum ... does this mean you are psychic? :p

mrcrunch08

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If any has a voltmeter use that to check the battery voltage when there are zero bars. I tested mine with an online volt meter and a multi meter and while the mod shows zero bars the battery is at 3.5-3.6v for an 18500 and 3.4-3.5v for an 18650. I also tested output at a charge like that and it won't fire above 3.8v when that low and seems to lose the 20-30watt capability once my batteries reach 3.7v in the best case scenario. I use Sony vtc3 vtc4 vtc5 and Aw 18490 and purple efest 18500 for those numbers. I sorted out my right button issue by removing the sticker since the problem is from the tube pressing against the big chip sticking out of the board and also ripped it apart and added my own washers under the positive battery contact instead of the black plastic thing that only allowed 18490 batteries. I tried swapping out as much of the ss contact stuff that I could but didn't make much difference in performance. I have a feeling the wiring is causing a big voltage drop since these boards shouldn't be cutting off till or limiting performance as severely until 3.3v. I'm about to bite the bullet and ship it to house of hybrids for an authentic DNA and proper wiring.

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If any has a voltmeter use that to check the battery voltage when there are zero bars. I tested mine with an online volt meter and a multi meter and while the mod shows zero bars the battery is at 3.5-3.6v for an 18500 and 3.4-3.5v for an 18650. I also tested output at a charge like that and it won't fire above 3.8v when that low and seems to lose the 20-30watt capability once my batteries reach 3.7v in the best case scenario. I use Sony vtc3 vtc4 vtc5 and Aw 18490 and purple efest 18500 for those numbers. I sorted out my right button issue by removing the sticker since the problem is from the tube pressing against the big chip sticking out of the board and also ripped it apart and added my own washers under the positive battery contact instead of the black plastic thing that only allowed 18490 batteries. I tried swapping out as much of the ss contact stuff that I could but didn't make much difference in performance. I have a feeling the wiring is causing a big voltage drop since these boards shouldn't be cutting off till or limiting performance as severely until 3.3v. I'm about to bite the bullet and ship it to house of hybrids for an authentic DNA and proper wiring.

Do yourself - wiring the DNA is pretty easy plus you can use a DNA 40.

TamiPac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I joined this forum just so I can get it here and keep posted on the Comcig/Robbot clone. I got a wotofo clone from Focal and it's a piece of shit. The wattage down button is really unresponsive. I was also assured by a rep from Focal that this was a 1:1 clone. Obviously it isn't. Nikkita, I would like to find you on Facebook so I can get updates there and if you're on youtube, could you post a link to that as well? I REALLY want to get an actual 1:1 clone of this.
I joined this forum just so I could stalk Nikki :D
Just kidding. The Robbot is wonderful though. FC is very easy to deal with as well.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the Robbot ZNA is back in stock at FC :) They are including the 18650 and the18500 tube in this batch and charging 10$ more.

Go figure, when I originally ordered my Robbot on Oct 4 (before it went to restocking) I bought the extra 18650 tube to go with it, now that the new version has it included, so it appears that I'm gonna have 2 18650 tubes when I finally get it.

Hopefully they upped their game on the QC issues with this batch, I will know this weekend for sure when it comes in. Will keep everybody posted on how it turned out :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I joined this forum just so I could stalk Nikki :D
Just kidding. The Robbot is wonderful though. FC is very easy to deal with as well.

ahahhaa ... First Drifter, now you Tami :) I like having my honey boo's close by .. been waiting for the rest of the crew to get over here. Being that VU is censored on ECF I couldn't really say "go join Vaping Underground" even though I wanted to :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the Robbot ZNA is back in stock at FC :) They are including the 18650 and the18500 tube in this batch and charging 10$ more.

Go figure, when I originally ordered my Robbot on Oct 4 (before it went to restocking) I bought the extra 18650 tube to go with it, now that the new version has it included, so it appears that I'm gonna have 2 18650 tubes when I finally get it.

Hopefully they upped their game on the QC issues with this batch, I will know this weekend for sure when it comes in. Will keep everybody posted on how it turned out :)

Yeah, I saw that o_O ... I think you should ask them to refund you the difference in cost for buying the extra tube that it now just comes with. Looking forward to hearing yours and Tami's thoughts going forward. So make sure that you post pics :)

ZaTHRaS

Member For 4 Years
just got mine, I think it is from the second batch maybe, ordered right before the last holiday ended and they were out so, had to wait. Emailed Doris about the 18650 tube and got it added on, came in a box designed for the additional tube like so, not sure. Like it so far, just running it at low watts with a dripper.

Question 1: What batteries are recommended for these, both 18500 & 18650?
Question 2: Do these have a 10 sec. cut-off? If so, this one doesn't seem to...

Thanks

TamiPac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my new ZNA30 yesterday and I am impressed so far! No tube issues, no battery not fitting issues. I am sub ohming on it as all my builds are .6/.7ish. It was acting funny a little while ago and I was thinking, oh no not again!!! Then I says "self, there's a small battery in there stoopid, check it!" Yup, it was next door to dead! Now it's fixed again and running beautifully!

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my Robbot in today :) Worth the wait, the QC is great on this batch, my version fits and works flawlessly !!

794g7l5ribxf1l46g.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just got mine, I think it is from the second batch maybe, ordered right before the last holiday ended and they were out so, had to wait. Emailed Doris about the 18650 tube and got it added on, came in a box designed for the additional tube like so, not sure. Like it so far, just running it at low watts with a dripper.

Question 1: What batteries are recommended for these, both 18500 & 18650?
Question 2: Do these have a 10 sec. cut-off? If so, this one doesn't seem to...

Thanks

You should use IMR chemistry batteries with at least a 10amp ratings .. The Robbot is made for 18490's btw, as it is 1:1 with the authentic. You will not be able to use 18500's unless the device has been updated, which Robbot did tell me a while ago that they were looking into doing. Mine came from the first batch, so I am not sure if the battery configuration upgrade has been implemented with this 2nd batch.

Question 2: No, there is no cut off on the Cloupor V3 chip, which I have tested and have been able to fire for at least 40 secs without cut off.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my Robbot in today :) Worth the wait, the QC is great on this batch, my version fits and works flawlessly !!

794g7l5ribxf1l46g.jpg

Yay, that is awesome Drifter! I was just about to stalk yo ass on ECF for some porn .. but here you are :D It looks so sexy with the SAT22

I will be looking for more porn, I wanna see it from all the angles :cool:

TamiPac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yay, that is awesome Drifter! I was just about to stalk yo ass on ECF for some porn .. but here you are :D It looks so sexy with the SAT22

I will be looking for more porn, I wanna see it from all the angles :cool:
Like you don't already know it inside and out.....where is the reciprocal porn Nikki? :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors