100 Watt SX-350 Box Mod with Dual 18650's

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats up VU!

I must 1st say how happy I am that I found this forum. I have certainly had enough of all the BS going on at ECF.

So I wanted to let you all know about a new line of SX-350 box mods I am bringing to the market and see if any of you would be interested in purchasing one or if you have any suggestions for me. I am opening up for preorders on October 10th, and am planning on delivering in early December.

Before you read on check out the mod at www.milehighmods.com.

I am calling it the Nucleus 1.0 and it boasts Yihi's 100W SX-350 and holds dual 18650's. I am a real heavy vaper and at 30W it lasts me around 48 hours per charge. It uses Fat Daddy's 510 V3 and has a very clean design both inside and out. I got sick and tired of spending good money on mods and then receiving them in the mail after 10 weeks of waiting and building my hopes up only to be unsatisfied with the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I swore that if I pursued this I would NEVER sacrifice quality to try and make my mods less expensive to manufacture. The result was a beast of a mod, manufactured in Boulder, Colorado, that hits better than any mod I've ever owned. In my opinion if you're going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an APV it better exceed every expectation you have.

All that being said, the enclosures are currently in production and are being cut on a VERY nice 5-axis mill.

I can't decide whether to anodize the enclosures when they are done or use Cerakote gun coating. I would love your thoughts on which you'd prefer.

Thanks for your suggestions and for helping me get my dream off the ground!

PS - I also just launched my Facebook page and would appreciate you checking it out and showing your support by liking and sharing my page. I am a strong believer in American manufacturing, and hope that I will be able to bring some more jobs back to the US. I can't do it alone though and need your support to help make this happen.

Thanks a bunch!

Vape On,

Jordan

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looks Nice.

What price will it have and what kind of warranty?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Web page says $250 and 30 days on returns.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I must have missed that.

For $250 I want a 6 month warranty.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had to click on Shop for the price. The refund policy was in the FAQ. Repair policy may be different, I didn't see that. (doesn't mean it's not there somewhere) :)

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had to click on Shop for the price. The refund policy was in the FAQ. Repair policy may be different, I didn't see that. (doesn't mean it's not there somewhere) :)

That is correct. The refund policy is 30 days. However I will certainly do a 180 day warranty against any manufacture's defects. Customer service is a huge part of what I believe in.

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would appreciate if you all could give me your personal preference on something. I just got done talking with Yihi, and I need to decide if I should get the 100W SX-350 chip with just the gravity sensor on it for adjustments and navigating the menu, or should the chip have BOTH a gravity sensor and up and down buttons? All of my previous versions have been gravity only, and after using it for a couple months I have become hooked on it and personally don't see the need for 2 more switches. Not sure if you all have used Yihi's gravity sensor feature but it works flawlessly every time. That being said, I want to know what you guys would prefer... gravity sensor (only one switch on mod) OR gravity sensor with up/down buttons (3 switches on mod). I need to get back to them asap so let me know what you'd like sooner rather than later. Thanks!

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice looking mod - but the price is a bit steep!!! also the 510 connection looks like its recessed into the mod body so i guess larger tanks and attys wouldn't fit.. i do like the body style of it though!!! good luck with your venture and vape on!!

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer the buttons. Not a big fan of gravity control.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I prefer the buttons. Not a big fan of gravity control.
This. I am highly interested, but I do not like gimmicky bits. A model with good old fashioned buttons would be my preference.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
I'm interested too, do you guys ship O/S?

The SX350 100W has 2 batteries in series with no charge board, I need to know how easy the batteries are to swap?

+1 for buttons........

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I sent you an email on your website

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The SX350 100W has 2 batteries in series with no charge board, I need to know how easy the batteries are to swap?

+1 for buttons........

The batteries are VERY easy to swap. Just screw off the lid and take them out of the dual Keystone 18650 holder.
Thanks for your opinion on the buttons, think I will be going that route based on what you all seem to like.

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

+1 for buttons........
I am looking into shipping overseas today to see how much it would cost. I'll get back to you and let you know once I figure it out. PS - Where overseas would you need it shipped? Vape On!

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey franciscan! I just checked my email and nothing came in from you last night. Can you double check you sent it to [email protected]?
Thanks!
Never mind! I was looking in the wrong place. I got your email Scott! Thanks a bunch and I will definitely keep you posted. If you follow me on Facebook too I will be adding updates quite often.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Never mind! I was looking in the wrong place. I got your email Scott! Thanks a bunch and I will definitely keep you posted. If you follow me on Facebook too I will be adding updates quite often.
Twitter user here @franciscan

Finder

Member For 4 Years
I would appreciate if you all could give me your personal preference on something. I just got done talking with Yihi, and I need to decide if I should get the 100W SX-350 chip with just the gravity sensor on it for adjustments and navigating the menu, or should the chip have BOTH a gravity sensor and up and down buttons? All of my previous versions have been gravity only, and after using it for a couple months I have become hooked on it and personally don't see the need for 2 more switches. Not sure if you all have used Yihi's gravity sensor feature but it works flawlessly every time. That being said, I want to know what you guys would prefer... gravity sensor (only one switch on mod) OR gravity sensor with up/down buttons (3 switches on mod). I need to get back to them asap so let me know what you'd like sooner rather than later. Thanks!
Up/down switches! It's a must. A bit conservative but much more practical solution.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nice looking mod - but the price is a bit steep!!! also the 510 connection looks like its recessed into the mod body so i guess larger tanks and attys wouldn't fit.. i do like the body style of it though!!! good luck with your venture and vape on!!

Yes it is , especially for a brand new unproven mod . Hopefully they can get it down some, at least until they can establish a good rep. I would just go with a box enclosure and the chip and do it myself before spending that kind of $$, SX 350 chips were selling for about $70.00 a while back.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would appreciate if you all could give me your personal preference on something. I just got done talking with Yihi, and I need to decide if I should get the 100W SX-350 chip with just the gravity sensor on it for adjustments and navigating the menu, or should the chip have BOTH a gravity sensor and up and down buttons?

Those who like gravity sensors have never tried adjusting a device that uses them while lying in bed...

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The buttons and gravity sensor in the SX350 are mutually exclusive. The gravity sensor only works in the system menu (5 clicks into system) and the buttons only work outside the menu to adjust the power level up/down. If no buttons the power level cannot be adjusted unless you enter the system menu. And if you have the buttons, they don't work in the system menu. Personally, I like having the buttons for quick tuning adjustments of power from the firing screen.

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright everyone. So I was originally told by Yihi that I could run the dual 18650's in parallel with the 100W chip, however I reached back out last night to confirm and she retracted her statement and said with the 100W chip they must be in series. All prototypes have been with the 60W version running in parallel, and I must say I have truly enjoyed the extended battery life. That being said, I need to know what you all would prefer: 60 Watt chip with dual 18650's in parallel, OR 100 Watt chip with batteries in series? Let me know soon as you can as I need to get back to Yihi. Thanks!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
100w in parallel. Seems to work just fine in my Siggy box

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't that have the 100W SX-330 in it? I thought those had to be in series as well.
Apparently not. When you look at the sled, the batteries are inserted side by side, but opposite polarity which would imply that they are in series.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been following the development of this one on FB and it is looking pretty nice. From what I understand customers are are getting theirs now so it will be cool to hear some feedback from them.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had a 350 watt, I would wear a T Shirt that said, "Welding $5 Bucks!" I can't use my 100 watts. 60 is about max for me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I had a 350 watt, I would wear a T Shirt that said, "Welding $5 Bucks!" I can't use my 100 watts. 60 is about max for me.

20 watts is max for me with everything lol.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25 is about all I use in a ww/vv Mod. I blow some huge thick clouds too impress myself mostly. (my dog don't care either way) There is damn sure an art to do it. I can hang with them review guys on you tube.

Any update on these guys? I see the price is still kinda up there... $266. Anybody end up purchasing one?

I'm sure a big chunk of change went into milling these bad boys... the construction looks super solid.

Would you be able to post some shots of the internals and the new magnetic closure? TIA

Mile High Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any update on these guys? I see the price is still kinda up there... $266. Anybody end up purchasing one?

I'm sure a big chunk of change went into milling these bad boys... the construction looks super solid.

Would you be able to post some shots of the internals and the new magnetic closure? TIA

Here are some pics of the internals and the new magnetic enclosure. I've still got a few in stock and ready to ship. And yes, milling the custom enclosures out of a solid block of 6061 was a big chunk of change. They actually ended up being the most expensive component of our mods, but worth it nonetheless.
Feel free to give me a call at 303.917.3232 if you have any other questions, or shoot me an email at [email protected]

Attachments

• Nucleus-Back.jpg
    Nucleus-Back.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 60
  • Nucleus-Guts.jpg
    Nucleus-Guts.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Nucleus-Guts-2.jpg
    Nucleus-Guts-2.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Nucleus-Lid.jpg
    Nucleus-Lid.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 60
Hi... trying to get a hold of Jordan. I bought the Nucleus 100 Watt SX-350 Box and would really like some info on it. There weren’t any instructions in the box.. settings, upgrade, etc. I am rather new to vaping but read nothing but good stuff on the box. I am using it & love it but would love more info—like how to upgrade the chip etc.. I have one of the originals (battery cover with screws), number 063. Anything info someone can send me? :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi... trying to get a hold of Jordan. I bought the Nucleus 100 Watt SX-350 Box and would really like some info on it. There weren’t any instructions in the box.. settings, upgrade, etc. I am rather new to vaping but read nothing but good stuff on the box. I am using it & love it but would love more info—like how to upgrade the chip etc.. I have one of the originals (battery cover with screws), number 063. Anything info someone can send me? :)
I replied to the profile post on my page as well, but here is what Yihi has listed for an update for the board
http://www.yihiecigar.com/download_...ewBoot_YH_Logo_20141007-1412_V2-5-d60575.html
Truthfully it does not look like much of an update, and to be clear I have never updated my MHM.

Here is the board specs.
http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHi-SX350-100w-283290.html

If you are just wanting to learn the functions of the board many of us on this forum can help with that @Zamazam . Click the button 3 times to lock, and 5 times to access the menu. Once in the menu if your gravity sensor is on you will have to tilt through the options. I suggest turning that novelty off. Once in the menu you will see all the menu options. This board predates temp control so the menu will lack those options.

Out of curiousity what did you purchase the mod for?
My MHM still functions great and is rock solid in the build, but sees limited use mainly due to the size. The SX350 is a solid board imo even if it is not the latest and greatest.

Also I checked my box and there was not a instruction card in there and I was given a instruction download via email. I will try and load it here for you.

Attachments

• MHM Nucleus 1.0 Users Manual (2).pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 3

Jai Haze

Haters Make Me Famous
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unlisted Vendor
messaged on forums

I replied to the profile post on my page as well, but here is what Yihi has listed for an update for the board
http://www.yihiecigar.com/download_...ewBoot_YH_Logo_20141007-1412_V2-5-d60575.html
Truthfully it does not look like much of an update, and to be clear I have never updated my MHM.

Here is the board specs.
http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHi-SX350-100w-283290.html

If you are just wanting to learn the functions of the board many of us on this forum can help with that @Zamazam . Click the button 3 times to lock, and 5 times to access the menu. Once in the menu if your gravity sensor is on you will have to tilt through the options. I suggest turning that novelty off. Once in the menu you will see all the menu options. This board predates temp control so the menu will lack those options.

Out of curiousity what did you purchase the mod for?
My MHM still functions great and is rock solid in the build, but sees limited use mainly due to the size. The SX350 is a solid board imo even if it is not the latest and greatest.

Also I checked my box and there was not a instruction card in there and I was given a instruction download via email. I will try and load it here for you.

Thank you so much!!! Sorry I disappeared for so long! I really do appreciate your help!

I bought the MHM via an auction at VapeL1FE.com. I got it at a steal. I wanted it because it was kind of old school (huge), had the Yihi chip& was my first custom mod purchase. I also love Colorado. I used to be an avid downhill skier. :) And.. because I had done a web search on the MHM and saw your post as well as some others on here I believed it would be a great purchase for me.

Tammie78

Whats up VU!

I must 1st say how happy I am that I found this forum. I have certainly had enough of all the BS going on at ECF.

So I wanted to let you all know about a new line of SX-350 box mods I am bringing to the market and see if any of you would be interested in purchasing one or if you have any suggestions for me. I am opening up for preorders on October 10th, and am planning on delivering in early December.

Before you read on check out the mod at www.milehighmods.com.

I am calling it the Nucleus 1.0 and it boasts Yihi's 100W SX-350 and holds dual 18650's. I am a real heavy vaper and at 30W it lasts me around 48 hours per charge. It uses Fat Daddy's 510 V3 and has a very clean design both inside and out. I got sick and tired of spending good money on mods and then receiving them in the mail after 10 weeks of waiting and building my hopes up only to be unsatisfied with the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I swore that if I pursued this I would NEVER sacrifice quality to try and make my mods less expensive to manufacture. The result was a beast of a mod, manufactured in Boulder, Colorado, that hits better than any mod I've ever owned. In my opinion if you're going to spend a couple hundred dollars on an APV it better exceed every expectation you have.

All that being said, the enclosures are currently in production and are being cut on a VERY nice 5-axis mill.

I can't decide whether to anodize the enclosures when they are done or use Cerakote gun coating. I would love your thoughts on which you'd prefer.

Thanks for your suggestions and for helping me get my dream off the ground!

PS - I also just launched my Facebook page and would appreciate you checking it out and showing your support by liking and sharing my page. I am a strong believer in American manufacturing, and hope that I will be able to bring some more jobs back to the US. I can't do it alone though and need your support to help make this happen.

Thanks a bunch!

Vape On,

Jordan
Wrong placement of message my bad but this page won't load up even with ad blocker off but love no more www.milehighmods.com.

VU Sponsors