Become a Patron!

150 watts needed?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to see more efficient devices, since the amount of power you can shove into a battery is pretty much maxed out and more powerful devices are just going to burn through batteries faster. That said...
omap5.jpg

So, pretty much +1 to everything @Mykline said.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im all for better quality lower watt devices and less added power type mods....Im thinking about getting the Sigelei VR50 mod but im really not finding for myself a reasoning to do it.

Having 30 watts and using 12 to 15 watts of it leaves a nice distance for more power if i ever needed it...Even when i go with a subtank mini or nano, im picturing using the bottom of the recommended wattage range (maybe less) as i dont care for a super warm vape.

For me personally ,150 watts would be extreme overkill.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im all for better quality lower watt devices and less added power type mods....Im thinking about getting the Sigelei VR50 mod but im really not finding for myself a reasoning to do it.

Having 30 watts and using 12 to 15 watts of it leaves a nice distance for more power if i ever needed it...Even when i go with a subtank mini or nano, im picturing using the bottom of the recommended wattage range (maybe less) as i dont care for a super warm vape.

For me personally ,150 watts would be extreme overkill.[/QUOT...your personal preference
There ya go. Feel fortunate that you've found what works for you. It's fun to dabble with other shit sometimes, but if you like where you're at....why change. I think a lot of people are constantly in search of something better, rather than stopping to smell the flowers... (rather than enjoying the vape they truly like)

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a trade off though. Unless you know of some more premium mods and chips that are capable of 150w.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Define premium. Expensive, made in USA chips that go belly up waaaay too often, or a less expensive chinese mod with more power, more reliable and authentic.

Expensive is not premium. Well made is.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
I was actually doing some thinking today about how you could rig up a built in vaporizer into your car. Wouldn't be hard really connect it up to the battery with a riostat so you can adjust voltage, and fuse it, then have a 30ml tank and atty built into the center console, run a hookah hose out the side and wire up a button to the hose handle
You don't need to. Innokin already makes one with a 12v cigarette lighter plug for your car! Can't remember the power output but it was a vv/vw device. Probably just an MVP/VTR in a 12v package..

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Define premium. Expensive, made in USA chips that go belly up waaaay too often, or a less expensive chinese mod with more power, more reliable and authentic.

Expensive is not premium. Well made is.

In my experiences so far, my American stuff is better made then most Chinese stuff. I'm also getting much better customer service.

And even with the Chinese stuff. An SX Mini or any other mod using the YiHi SX350 chip is much better then the popular stuff that everyone is buying.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In my experiences so far, my American stuff is better made then most Chinese stuff. I'm also getting much better customer service.

And even with the Chinese stuff. An SX Mini or any other mod using the YiHi SX350 chip is much better then the popular stuff that everyone is buying.

Allright, im hearing a lot of opinions presented boldly as "much better then the popular stuff that everyone is buying." Not a lot of facts tho?

That being said, my USA made Vapor Flask DNA40 is without a doubt my favorite device now, but because of all the shit going around the DNA40 board i cant call it a premium mod. The mod is, but the chips are shit. When buying a 300$ mod, you should always get a solid device that works every time, not crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
You don't need to. Innokin already makes one with a 12v cigarette lighter plug for your car! Can't remember the power output but it was a vv/vw device. Probably just an MVP/VTR in a 12v package..
I actually saw that after I started thinking about it lol

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Allright, im hearing a lot of opinions presented boldly as "much better then the popular stuff that everyone is buying." Not a lot of facts tho?

That being said, my USA made Vapor Flask DNA40 is without a doubt my favorite device now, but because of all the shit going around the DNA40 board i cant call it a premium mod. The mod is, but the chips are shit. When buying a 300$ mod, you should always get a solid device that works every time, not crossing fingers and hoping for the best.
But wasn't the problems with the Evolv chips from early batches? While my Hana does throw screen glitches, its a low number only happens when I have an issue with my nickel build such as a bad ground, or one of my wraps making contact. If I ever found it to be an issue, I have a whole year to have it repaired for free.

If you have an issue with your vapor flask, you can get it repaired as well and they will even ship you a free loaner while they are repairing it. Would you get that kind of service with a non premium DNA 40 such as the $100 Chinese one by Hcigar?

I also bought an authentic Aeolus RDA by Syntheticloud. Due to human error, I lost the piece for the vertical airflow. I contacted the company about a replacement and within four hours of sending the email, I got a response claiming that once they finish inventory this coming week, they will send me a replacement and apologized for any inconvenience. Would we see that kind of customer service from a Chinese manufacturer?

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Its because you can file claims with the BBB here in America, can't do that in China, so they better kiss your ass after dropping $2-300 on a flask drilled out to become an APV, or they won't have anymore business. A lot of Chinese companies are very "customer service friendly" if you bother contacting them.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
who knows its nice knowing your device is capable though, makes me feel like i can screw on anything i want and fire it however i like

VU Sponsors