Become a Patron!

28mm+ RTAs, Could I Live With The Flavor?

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking at large RTAs not because I like how RDAs vape and I want an RTA more like one, or because I like to chase clouds, but because I have a couple mods that would take one.

Looking at Youtube vids and judging them by what's important to me in an RTA, how does the deck look?, what does the wicking look like?, can I take the deck off with a full tank?, the only big RTA that checked most of my boxes was the Vaperz Cloud Trilogy.

But here's my question. If I order one of these, will I vape it? Flavor has always been my primary motivation in the tanks I've used. I am perfectly happy with the Fatality M25s I have, and mostly happy with the Mantas that fill out my lineup. If I buy a Trilogy, am I wasting my time and money all because I wanted a big tank, or is one of these big RTAs going to vape well enough that I'll like it as more than just a big tank? Thanks for any feedback you have.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only RTA I have extensive experience with in the 28mm+ category is the OG aromamizer plus which is 30mm. If you're a flavor person, it does rival dripper flavor when utilizing the 5mm drop tank. The build deck comes stock in a postless configuration and is 22mm in size making it very easy to build. It's pretty forgiving when it comes to wicking in that ensuring the tails touch the bottom of the juice wells and fill it completely without being packed, it will wick fine.

That being said, not only is it only (as far as I can tell) available from china as it has been discontinued, the 10mm tank section is what comes factory and does sacrifice a bit on the flavor front. I am on my 2nd (3rd?) as I recently got back to rebuilding and had to purchase another (I seem to have lost my old one) after taking a hiatus over a year from the hobbiest side of things and just used pod mods. Also, I do not care for the factory included drip tip-- but that is subjective as I don't care for the driptip that comes with anything. I have my preferred and they are what I stick with.

Steam Crave is launching the version 2 which I can only imagine is just as good and if I either had the funds or the justification for purchasing one, I would without hesitation.

I can say, without hesitation, the aromamizer plus with the 5ml tank is a flavor machine and is by far the best tank I've ever used. That's coming from a guy who has tried the vast majority of the highly rated flagship tanks from the last 8-9 years other than those from 2018-1019 (had to throw in that caviet).... though I do have a couple I'm playing with that are highly acclaimed and much more recent. The a-plus filled a void I was looking for in that, as someone who primarily dripped for years, wanted a tank I could get the flavor and vapor production from and not have the need to constantly open a bottle to drip.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suppose there's only one way for you to find that out, no? Off-topic: been there, done that... for me, the clear answer is still negative, i.e., in the ultimate flavor category this is a flagrant waste of time and money.

manuva

Member For 3 Years
I am trying to determine whether to go with the fatality or trilogy. What was the verdict on this - what did you end up going with?

VU Sponsors