Become a Patron!

3 Months vaping, about to move onto a clone

Alright, Hi... My Names Luc, i quit smoking and been vaping for 3 months, also new to this forum this is my first Vaping forum.
I started off with the iTazte VV as my first vape, now it crapped out on me twice... First one got replaced and 2nd one is giving me an error message of 888 1=1 or something along those lines...
The vendor said he'd give me 25% off my next purchase of a vape... i'd rather just find a decent site that sells them with decent prices... Hook me up if you know any!
Also, I wanted to try the Stingray X Clone, I'm really debating on getting it, I eventually wanna drip too so...
Is that a good Clone? If i shouldnt go with that one what should i with, right now im using a spare battery Ego-Twist since my ITazte crapped out.
Help a new vape addict out! Lol!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get a good charger and batteries and if the sting x is a sxk clone then good to go.
VJ blog spot has a ton of deals.. recently had the FUhattan clone which I hear is amazing.

Get a good charger and batteries and if the sting x is a sxk clone then good to go.
VJ blog spot has a ton of deals.. recently had the FUhattan clone which I hear is amazing.
NICE! Okay thanks, what kind of batteries and charger should i get?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since you will be running 18650s, sony vtc4 or 5 if you can find them, MNKE, or aw imr at a min.
Chargers go nitecore or LUC.
101vapes has good deals on stuff.
Venerable vaping does also.
I am sure there are others but just tossing out a few sites I use.

Since you will be running 18650s, sony vtc4 or 5 if you can find them, MNKE, or aw imr at a min.

Can you give me the direct sites?

Vapetronics

Member For 4 Years
Go RBA tanks to go with your clone mod......I like the Kayfun style...you will have to rebuild the coils and wicks but there are plenty of videos in the web on "how to".....also its cheaper to build it yourself and specially better taste. Not to mention the fun that it is tinkering with it till you find what works for you. It may seem a bit overwhelming at first but stick to it and you will be a master of your vape.....for sure you will never go back to analogs !!! GOOD LUCK.

Go RBA tanks to go with your clone mod......I like the Kayfun style...you will have to rebuild the coils and wicks but there are plenty of videos in the web on "how to".....also its cheaper to build it yourself and specially better taste. Not to mention the fun that it is tinkering with it till you find what works for you. It may seem a bit overwhelming at first but stick to it and you will be a master of your vape.....for sure you will never go back to analogs !!! GOOD LUCK.

You mean Dripping right?

Vapetronics

Member For 4 Years
RDA is for dripping and RBA tanks --------both are build. I love to drip but sometimes depending where you are a tank may be the thing to use. In other words use both and of course they would work in the clone mod.
Mods come as "mechanical" and regulated voltage/wattage (what you had).......mechanical are my favorite. they are unregulated but a word of advise you need to know what you are doing. As I said tons of videos in the web where to learn ....it's going to take some time but all well worth it......as the quality and quantity of the vape will improve. You are gonna love it. Trust me :)

JPop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You mean Dripping right?

I have noticed that nobody has told you that you'll also need an ohm meter* or good DMM* (digital multimeter), to go with your mechanical mod setup just so you know that the coil you have made in either your RBA or RDA is safe to vape. The batteries you have been recommended are definitely the way to go. Learn Ohm's law, or at the very least how it affects your builds. If you have a smartphone there are some nice quick apps you can download to help you out, Vaper's Toolbox is a good one, for example. And lastly, if you're not ready to dive into the tech-y, tinker-y world of mechanical mods just yet, you can still chuck clouds and get awesome flavour with the best of em with many of the newer high wattage mods, a good starting place would be a nice DNA 30* mod like the Cana I linked, they're not too expensive and offer a good amount of power, decent battery life, and no need to go sub ohming to produce like a freight train. I build coils for mine right around 1.5 ohms. While you can sub ohm with them, it fires anything that dosen't require 4.00 volts or more to reach the desired wattage unregulated so 1.5 to 2.5 ohms firing at above 15 watts is, for me, the sweet spot. I've rambled enough, happy vaping.

* All links are to illustrate the items mentioned.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An RBA aka RTA is basically like the tank setups you have been using but instead of buying replacement coils, you rebuild and/or rewick them yourself. I just recently started venturing into this myself and there is a ton of stuff to sift through to learn what you need.

I found a user called VapePowered on youtube who has a couple of very basic videos that appear to tell you the basics that you need to know in a clear, concise way.

Also, don't get sucked into paying for a really high ohm mod on your first buy. I was given a iTaste MVP 2.0 vv/vw box mod that goes up to 11 watts and found myself bouncing between 9.5 and 11 watts depending on what juice I was using. I recently won a Wotofo/A-Mod ZNA 30 clone that goes up is also vv/vw but goes up to 30 watts. I tried heading above 11 watts in increments of 3-5 all the way up to 30 and still find myself bouncing between 9.5 and 12.5 watts now. The MVP is nice because it is relatively light and easy to hold but the button is kind of inconvenient because you pretty much have to use it with your thumb. It supports passthrough so you can use it while it is charging.

I like the egonomics of the ZNA better because I can switch between using my thumb and my index finger pretty easy. It's a clone though so you can only push the fire button at the bottom of the long button, while the authentic ZNA 30 can be pushed anywhere on the button which would be nice, but if I were buying one, I'd still opt for the Wotofo/A-Mod clone because it is almost 1/4th the price. You can read @Nikkita6's detailed review of it on vapingcheap.com.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I concur. nice job, nasty. 101 was my first purchase site. ucan get a good deal and they'tr good people w/ cheap s&h

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An RBA aka RTA is basically like the tank setups you have been using but instead of buying replacement coils, you rebuild and/or rewick them yourself. I just recently started venturing into this myself and there is a ton of stuff to sift through to learn what you need.

I found a user called VapePowered on youtube who has a couple of very basic videos that appear to tell you the basics that you need to know in a clear, concise way.

Also, don't get sucked into paying for a really high ohm mod on your first buy. I was given a iTaste MVP 2.0 vv/vw box mod that goes up to 11 watts and found myself bouncing between 9.5 and 11 watts depending on what juice I was using. I recently won a Wotofo/A-Mod ZNA 30 clone that goes up is also vv/vw but goes up to 30 watts. I tried heading above 11 watts in increments of 3-5 all the way up to 30 and still find myself bouncing between 9.5 and 12.5 watts now. The MVP is nice because it is relatively light and easy to hold but the button is kind of inconvenient because you pretty much have to use it with your thumb. It supports passthrough so you can use it while it is charging.

I like the egonomics of the ZNA better because I can switch between using my thumb and my index finger pretty easy. It's a clone though so you can only push the fire button at the bottom of the long button, while the authentic ZNA 30 can be pushed anywhere on the button which would be nice, but if I were buying one, I'd still opt for the Wotofo/A-Mod clone because it is almost 1/4th the price. You can read @Nikkita6's detailed review of it on vapingcheap.com.

A buddy of mine just got a 50w zna clone and he loves it. He has been 100% mechanical sub homer for nearly a year but switched to have the regulation and protection but still use his .6 ohm coils on a Russian. I've not gone that low myself but he swears by the taste!

Desire

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Stingray X Clone is great! about drip, plume veil works well with Stingray X

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And why is that, Desire? (why does plume veil work well with stingray?)
the plume veil if it is a good clone has rock solid air flow, kick ass build deck.. the stingray has low voltage drop so it is a nice combo.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just crossed my 3 month mark on the 8th myself. I will +1 on the ZNA clones. The one I have is a Wotofo/A-Mod and it works really well and the battery lasts a really long time at the 9.5 - 12.5 watts that I normally chain vape all day (and most if not all of the night). I did get 3 batteries though just so that I can rotate through them and never have to wait for a battery to charge. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it only has a 510 connection.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also second the Stingray X clone.. thing hits like a beast..

I got mine for Focalecig's USA warehouse for 35$ and haven't had a single problem with it

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
Any reason you don't trust efest anymore? I just started not too long ago and everyone was out but I was assured that the efest purple 2500mAh were awesome batteries. I don't have any issues with the Efest 18650 batteries. They are a good product and Efest makes some of the best, most reliable chargers I have ever seen.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any reason you don't trust efest anymore? I just started not too long ago and everyone was out but I was assured that the efest purple 2500mAh were awesome batteries. I don't have any issues with the Efest 18650 batteries. They are a good product and Efest makes some of the best, most reliable chargers I have ever seen.

Here's a good article. Another good one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Any reason you are reviving another 7 year old post?
they aren't going to answer you
READ THE DATE
STOP REPLYING TO 7 YEAR OLD POSTS

Here is where the newest posts are: https://vapingunderground.com/whats-new/posts/219232/

Also don't think about editing any links in to your posts.
That game is older than this thread and we don't play no more

VU Sponsors