Become a Patron!

510 pin extension

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Envi Artisan RTA who's 510 Pin is too short. Will not connect to 3 out of my 4 mods. Is there a way to extend it just slightly? I immediately think to put a tinny soldering bead on it, but I'm thiking that'll probably break off real fast. Are there any beter solutions?
Thanks for the support.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have used a "heat sink". I believe that is what it is called. I changed the look though, the disk with fins. It helps keep things cooler too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have used a "heat sink". I believe that is what it is called. I changed the look though, the disk with fins. It helps keep things cooler too.

I was going to suggest it but you beat me to it~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I looked it up to see if by chance the 510 was adjustable, but it isn't. Sorry.

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks all, yes the #510 is non-adjustable and non-removable. It is permanent, thus the O-ring solution wont work either. Maybe the heatsink base will work, though it may not connect in that either, impossible to know though with-out trying. Next Fasttech order I'll tag one of those onbit too. This RTA is fenominal too, but probably a little taste of why the company went under.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks all, yes the #510 is non-adjustable and non-removable. It is permanent, thus the O-ring solution wont work either. Maybe the heatsink base will work, though it may not connect in that either, impossible to know though with-out trying. Next Fasttech order I'll tag one of those onbit too. This RTA is fenominal too, but probably a little taste of why the company went under.
The heatsink will adjust though. I believe on both the mod and tank side. I think, not 100% but pretty sure. I will look tomorrow and let you know.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
There is one other thing you can try that I've used many times with success.
Pick a mod that you want to use it on and take the batteries out.
Take a small flat blade screwdriver and GENTLY pry it up, you probably won't see it come up.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

VU Sponsors