Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
53 scientist approve electronic cigarettes
Posted by brian yaeger on 7/1/2014 to Vapor comments
spacer.gif

ALL FOR ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES
Today 53 scientist wrote to the World Health Organization (WHO) to proclaim that ecigs were a very hopeful way to rid the world of tobacco addiction. There were also might I add 100 other scientist who were against electronic cigarettes which begs the question who can we trust. I myself will defend the 53 for the vaping industry.

The fact that these scientist who I will assume are not biased believe that electronic cigarettes can help millions of people for years to come. Although there are no long term studies of the effects of electronic cigarettes the facts remain the same to me. I myself have been able to kick the cigarette habit completely which is good enough for me.

At this time there remains no definitive evidence that electronic cigarettes are harmful. There may be some studies in the future that prove this wrong after long term studies have been conducted. I still think that the lesser of two evils will remain tobacco products and that electronic cigarettes will have a healthy effect on our health care system financially and to the individual financially.

The cost and overwhelming taxes placed on tobacco are overwhelming. It is my belief that the electronic cigarette industry is being unfairly targeted with these taxes by being identified with tobacco products. There are many critics of electronic cigarette critics that will admit that ecigs are definitely the lesser of two evils. So what seems to be the problem? I can only assume that these are closed minded people or individuals in the pocket of big tobacco.

THOSE AGAINST ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES
Now let’s get to those 100 scientist and there warped opinion. They have a very politically motivated point of view and argument. They state that electronic cigarettes are a gateway to tobacco cigarettes. How can this be? I know if I was a teenager and tasted something good that I simply would not replace it with something that tasted like crap (cigarettes). The suggestion that ecigs are in any way related to tobacco to me is preposterous. There are many surveys that have been conducted that state the complete opposite.

The truth is that everyone involved in the medical profession have an obligation to the public to determine what is safe and what is not. They continue with their political debates, and ignore the fact that big tobacco is literally murdering people legally. They have no consequences for the actions because money talks on Capitol Hill. All the little guys like the electronic cigarette industry stand no chance against these billion dollar companies, but together we can hopefully change the opinions of some of the politicians.

In conclusion I would hope that there is some kind of happy medium that can be found and that the facts will quit being ignored. The politicians and scientist need to arrive on the same page. For them to be at odds which big tobacco loves does nothing for the people of the world.

VU Sponsors