6 Year badges

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is not really a bug, more like a request and can be worked on when time permits. There are a bunch of us who have hit 6 years here as members, but no 6 year badges. When you're done chasing actual bugs maybe look into this. I would think it could be done with a simple script.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are no 6 year badges.
The 5 year badge is the final one.

I think there was an announcement when the five year badge was added.
@Countrypami is there an announcement somewhere on the forum about this?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is not really a bug, more like a request and can be worked on when time permits. There are a bunch of us who have hit 6 years here as members, but no 6 year badges. When you're done chasing actual bugs maybe look into this. I would think it could be done with a simple script.
Mine has been stuck on 4 years for 2 years now :rolleyes: , never noticed it before.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Patreon
I know we discussed the 5-year badge being the final one, because Andria noticed months ago that hers hadn't rolled to 6 years. I don't remember seeing an announcement about it, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

The conclusion I was left with is that producing a new badge is quite a considerable development effort, and with the upgrade looming at that time, it was decided that the 5-year would be the final one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Mine has been stuck on 4 years for 2 years now :rolleyes: , never noticed it before.

Check now. :)

The problem is the five year badge is complete trash.

An admin has to go in and change every badge by hand from 4 years to 5 years.
This is for every member.
All how ever many thousands... well only the ones who mention it but still.
That isn't working smart.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Check now. :)

The problem is the five year badge is complete trash.

An admin has to go in and change every badge by hand from 4 years to 5 years.
This is for every member.
All how ever many thousands... well only the ones who mention it but still.
That isn't working smart.
No problem now that I know the effort it would take. This is a would be nice kinda thing, not something that gets my panties in a bunch. :giggle:

Thanks for the info @5150sick

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the explanation. Changing each members 5th year one by one sounds like a complete pain and a huge undertaking.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the explanation. Changing each members 5th year one by one sounds like a complete pain and a huge undertaking.

I haven't dug around in the guts of forums software in years, but I'd think there would be a section of the SQLdB table that one could do a search on by join date. But mass-matching and filling the appropriate fields could be a PITA for little real gain, unless you could find and/or wwrite a script to do the work?

As I say, I'm quite out of date on the subject though....IPB v1.x was long ago. Not sure if my old fave tool of phpMyAdmin is up to it either.

VU Sponsors