Become a Patron!

A few concerns about low ohm coils and cheap batteries.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a CE5 that I've been learning to rebuild lately. I finally got some successful coils made this past week, except they burn up quick and there seems to be a safety concern with my battery.

I started wrapping three coils of 30 gauge wire, which gets me a finally satisfying amount of vapor compared to five wraps like many people have suggested. I used to try four or five, but it is too difficult for me to get those coils to either not overlap wraps or not touch the sides of the head.I also tried 4-5 wraps with 32 gauge wire with the same results.

I started with a 650 mah variable voltage ijoy battery. Everything works fine.
I recently got some cheap "ego-t" 1100 mah batteries from ebay. Two batteries, two chargers for ten bucks. American seller. I think they're obviously not genuine batteries from whatever company designed ego-t because I know they're popular with beginners, and mine seem really cheap. The five click feature on my ego-t's are so touchy and it is nearly impossible to get it to turn off without some seriously rapid clicking.

That being said, I just started using one of my ego-t batteries on my 3-wrap 30 gauge coil head, and the battery shocks me a little. If my finger touches the metal from the bottom lightly, I get this little burning/shocking sensation. the base of the tank also gets hot way more quickly than usual. I believe the ego-t batteries are only something like 3.7 volts, so that's surprising. It usually takes my variable-voltage ijoy set on max voltage to make the tank hot.

So, is my coil build dangerous somehow? And are these coils not ideal since they burn up quickly?
I also have a Kanger PT3 mini coming in the mail. Hopefully that will work better.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is asking for trouble. if you want to really get into rebuilding get a rda some good batteries and read up on ohms law you will be able to blow clouds like zuez himself

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1st thing to do is to get an Ohm Meter. Ego style batteries were not designed to handle low ohm builds, neither were CE5's. 1.25 Ohms is the lowest you should go on an Ego style battery. 1.5 Ohm is the lowest to go on the CE5.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've been vaping on this cheap ego t battery with the three coil build and it seems fine. It gets the job done, it's just that the bottom of the battery gets hot whenever I drag. Can I keep puffing or will this damage the battery somehow?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I've been vaping on this cheap ego t battery with the three coil build and it seems fine. It gets the job done, it's just that the bottom of the battery gets hot whenever I drag. Can I keep puffing or will this damage the battery somehow?
It is Darwin giving you a heads up you are about to have a face full of "OH FUCK!!"

Or don't listen to the advice and knowledge of the experienced... we will be seeing you in the news with a story about how your fucky ecig went off like a roman candle in your hand and face.

Think of it this way... think back when you were little... did your parents warn you not to stick shit in a wall outlet? Bet ya did and got bit by doing it but would not have learned otherwise...
This advice and warning is like telling you not to play in traffic during rush hour.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some folks won't listen, no matter what you tell 'em. And that's sad because there are people in this forum who know their sh*t. Respect each and every one of you guys, I surely do.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my KBox for $24.95! And my Cloupor came from a forum member and I love it! You don't have to be rich to have good gear, just pays to shop around.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a CE5 that I've been learning to rebuild lately. I finally got some successful coils made this past week, except they burn up quick and there seems to be a safety concern with my battery.

I started wrapping three coils of 30 gauge wire, which gets me a finally satisfying amount of vapor compared to five wraps like many people have suggested. I used to try four or five, but it is too difficult for me to get those coils to either not overlap wraps or not touch the sides of the head.I also tried 4-5 wraps with 32 gauge wire with the same results.

I started with a 650 mah variable voltage ijoy battery. Everything works fine.
I recently got some cheap "ego-t" 1100 mah batteries from ebay. Two batteries, two chargers for ten bucks. American seller. I think they're obviously not genuine batteries from whatever company designed ego-t because I know they're popular with beginners, and mine seem really cheap. The five click feature on my ego-t's are so touchy and it is nearly impossible to get it to turn off without some seriously rapid clicking.

That being said, I just started using one of my ego-t batteries on my 3-wrap 30 gauge coil head, and the battery shocks me a little. If my finger touches the metal from the bottom lightly, I get this little burning/shocking sensation. the base of the tank also gets hot way more quickly than usual. I believe the ego-t batteries are only something like 3.7 volts, so that's surprising. It usually takes my variable-voltage ijoy set on max voltage to make the tank hot.

So, is my coil build dangerous somehow? And are these coils not ideal since they burn up quickly?
I also have a Kanger PT3 mini coming in the mail. Hopefully that will work better.
What the hell are you doing dude, buy ur self a decent regulated box and a tank, start from there before u start re building ur outdated atomizers..remeber safety first

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Straight road to one's 15 minutes of fame. The hard way.
More like Darwin wins again.
The only one I heard of cheating Darwin out of his prize removed himself from the gene pool by blowing off his balls with a 22 in a truck fuse panel. he got an Honorary award for removing his spawning abilities.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glutton for punishment is your right sure Rosey Palm!

But when you make the news for some stupid shit with warning that could of been avoided, we the vapers will all pay the price for your known unsafe glutton for punishment issues. Ass whipping material is what it is!

If we have to answer to one person/family member warning us of the story they heard only part of some stupid shit you did with vaping. I'll come kick your ass as soon as you get better. If I can do it for under like a hundred bucks in fuel anyway.

If it ends up being more than that I'll turn the deed over to another more than willing VU member. Watch this!

Last edited:
I want to buy an ecigarette for my smoking dad from online, he like smoking a lot, especially big vapor, someone said iTaste MVP3.0 is good. i have scan its function, really looks nice. but i dont know how it work. has anyone used it?
itaste-mvp-3-0

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That indicates you are pulling more amps than the battery was designed for. Keep going that way and you will find out what an Ego battery feels like when it vents in your hand.

You are in the danger zone buddy, plenty of members have chimed in to warn you about the build and the danger of the ego battery you are using venting/exploding. Take a hint.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda like holding a grenade after you pull the pin.....hmm, wonder what happens next......

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want to buy an ecigarette for my smoking dad from online, he like smoking a lot, especially big vapor, someone said iTaste MVP3.0 is good. i have scan its function,

If you are seriously looking for a mod for your Father, then purchase one. We are well acquainted with Innokin's website here at VU.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll follow your advice and stick with my variable voltage battery until the new clearo arrives. I have a kanger pt3 mini coming in the mail. I'm guessing its going to have very low resistance, so will this be just as dangerous as my current build to use with my shitty ego batteries too?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's eGo threaded, so yes, it will work. I have one but don't use it, as it leaks at will.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess being intellectually challenged is an art form with no conscious. You are better to buy a China mod for 12 dollars then to risk the well being of the whole vape community... Listen before you learn the hard way... Getting beat half to death or a hospital visit. Both lead you to the same spot... Believe me it will be a utube video for sure!!!!!! Lol

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One other thing as well. I am sure all the admens of this sight can and will copy all the warnings to received as a defence of your lack of listening when they try to pin it all on our beloved vape community.. All kidding aside ...you can duck and dodge but the question will still remain. Are you confidant to live with yourself know when they ban all use of our equipment you will solely be responsible for killing hundreds of millions of people... Still claimed up huh.....

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay everybody, no need to yell at me about using this build anymore. My mini pt3 just arrived. I stopped using my low ohm build with these cheap batteries shortly after posting this anyways.

To those of you who warned me, thanks. To those of you who continued to talk condescendingly, that is not going to be very effective when talking to people.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We just enjoy what we do something stupid anywhere in the community will be a deviation to us all one way or another. We where just trying to help you understand what you had at risk by doing what you where doing.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am sure you directed that to me and at the time it was a good idea but never once did I think how it would affect ones thought

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only gets rude when the "and buts!" AFTER answering a safety question.
Nice at first, then we get an and but then kinda write you off as fucking mentally defective and degrade from there.
So now that we answered your concerns and you wrote us off and insist on going down the tard route it is fair game at shame.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glutton for punishment is your right sure Rosey Palm!

But when you make the news for some stupid shit with warning that could of been avoided, we the vapers will all pay the price for your known unsafe glutton for punishment issues. Ass whipping material is what it is!

If we have to answer to one person/family member warning us of the story they heard only part of some stupid shit you did with vaping. I'll come kick your ass as soon as you get better. If I can do it for under like a hundred bucks in fuel anyway.

If it ends up being more than that I'll turn the deed over to another more than willing VU member. Watch this!

:D Was ya scared?

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are u a complete plonker,this nupty behaviour is what gives vaping a bad name,when ur battery gasses red hot gas in ur face or blows to fingers off,it wouldn't be ur fault,it will be guy who sold it to u.would u buy a lawn mower and stick ur weener in it.
Mind boggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't take it so hard, they're just trying to scare some sense into you.
My signature line makes even more sense then usual:D

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line is the people here are concerned about your health. We really don't want to see anyone get hurt. Sometimes we might overreact but it is just to get a strong warning out there about things that can be dangerous. After all we are vaping to help ourselves not too damage ourselves.

VU Sponsors