Become a Patron!

a question i cant answer

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
hi ladies and gents (and Jimi) lol. i was brought up in an industry where you solved problems with logic, however i cant get my head around this. and do not start, i am not racist in any way and i have lots of coloured friends and i have sponsored two children in Kenya for 15 yrs.
in all sports you see coloured people dominating, basketball, athletics, soccer etc. now most coloureds have a good body mass so body strength height etc. is very good. now because of their size they could not say compete in horse riding jumping sports. they cant compete in car racing for the same reason plus the money side. all of their sports they excel in, are sports that are free to play in as you grow up.
so my question is, given their size, their build, the training that costs nothing, why has there never been a coloured champion in swimming? they have everything going for them to be very competitive.
answers?? please no racism. all lives matter, black, yellow. or white.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that generalized physical makeup is a factor, as there are wide varieties within all groups. A history of exclusion in many club sports and less access to needed facilities, just like tennis.

There have been swimming champions of color -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37057236

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I don't think that generalized physical makeup is a factor, as there are wide varieties within all groups. A history of exclusion in many club sports and less access to needed facilities, just like tennis.

There have been swimming champions of color -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37057236
i agree mc, like i said all sports they excel in are free however car racing etc. are not. look Arthur ashe was a champ in tennis, tiger woods in golf but yes build is not it all, however swimming is the one sport where it purely relies on body strength, and no membership to facilities. i mean all the boxers Liston, Tyson etc, came from nothing, but someone who could see a dollar sign picked them up. if a don king guy can see a dollar, he will take you on.
is don king anything more than a pimp? or Elvis Presley's manager? money knows no colour,
cheers buddy, i respect your reply.

VU Sponsors