A simple one for mint lovers

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was trying to make a peppermint stand alone for a friend and with the one peppermint I had I couldn't find a percentage that made her happy. So I tried:

10% FW Extreme Ice
02% FA Peppermint.

She's happy for now.

ETA: I smoked for 57 years and occasionally I would bum a menthol cigarette. I vaped a couple of tanks of this and it was pretty good but wasn't just right for me so I dropped the FW Extreme Ice to 5% percent and I think it allowed the Peppermint to shine. Made it seem crisper and gave a better nose feel if that makes any sense. I will give my friend some of the altered version and see which she likes best.

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That should be great, but Im a mint freak. Some people are sensitive and find mints too strong, not me. Even Altoids have been wussi-fied compared to when they first hit the US.

I make my super mint concoction, I use Peppermint, wintergreen, koolada, horehound and spearmint for a big ol blast.

Extreme Ice is on my list.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@anavidfan I have a couple of friends that like Extreme Ice as a stand alone. One likes it at 14% and the other likes 15%. I'm sure you know FW is not as concentrated as FA. I used to like that in that if you missed a measurement a little it didn't affect the mix as much. But the bigger bottles take up a lot of room. lol

Oh, I mix at about 50/50 for those percentages.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That should be great, but Im a mint freak. Some people are sensitive and find mints too strong, not me. Even Altoids have been wussi-fied compared to when they first hit the US.

I make my super mint concoction, I use Peppermint, wintergreen, koolada, horehound and spearmint for a big ol blast.

Extreme Ice is on my list.
My son likes strong mint that puts holes in my lungs. The strongest mint on the market is INW Mix Mint. This shit makes Altoids feel like candy canes. 1 drop per ml is all you need. Seriously man.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im sure it will be right up my alley. I used to on dares ( when altoids were strong) pop up to 10 of them at a time, talk about waking the senses

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My son likes strong mint that puts holes in my lungs. The strongest mint on the market is INW Mix Mint. This shit makes Altoids feel like candy canes. 1 drop per ml is all you need. Seriously man.
I'm going between this and INW Natural Mint. I'm guessing they are very different. Would you say so? May have to buckle down and buy both.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was trying to make a peppermint stand alone for a friend and with the one peppermint I had I couldn't find a percentage that made her happy. So I tried:

10% FW Extreme Ice
02% FA Peppermint.

She's happy for now.

Happy is good - nice work! :) Is fw Extreme Ice a menthol or a mint? I always assumed it was a menthol and I already have enough of that so I haven't considered picking it up.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm going between this and INW Natural Mint. I'm guessing they are very different. Would you say so? May have to buckle down and buy both.
Yes, they are both different. Both are peppermint. Mix Mint also contains menthol. Inw Mieta is a more subtle fresh mint leaves taste. Would be great to add in tea flavorings.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Happy is good - nice work! :) Is fw Extreme Ice a menthol or a mint? I always assumed it was a menthol and I already have enough of that so I haven't considered picking it up.
It is a mint but I can't swear it doesn't have some menthol in it. Maybe someone else knows.

And thank you.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@Jimi D I want to say I always enjoyed your posts over at ecf. You spoke with authority and took no crap.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey hey hey, a friend stopped by to get some of his green apple and he wants some of this. Bow howt that?

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm confused Lol. Natural Mint is from the Wera Garden line. Mieta (Mint) is from the Inawera line. Two different flavorings all together.

Mortar to alcohol mint (Mietowa)
Tobacco natural mint (Wera Garden)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mortar to alcohol mint (Mietowa)
Tobacco natural mint (Wera Garden)

omg, lol--thinking of beginners AND myself, please only use the Polish names in addition to the English--like DIY is not confusing enough? Or is "mortar to alcohol mint" actually a flavor name?

Inawera and all their "lines"... Seriously, I don't know how I ever got past the point of ALL this seeming like so much gobbledygook.

Question--and this is for @Jimi D, too--Is there a line of flavors within Inawera which all have a tobacco component in their profile (and which I should therefore avoid getting since I don't like tobacco flavors)?

Other question--and i know how obvious this seems, but--Tobacco natural mint is a minty tobacco flavor, right?
(I used to think all the Shisha flavors were tobacco flavors because of the "shisha" (implies smoking) bit... so I'm just trying to check that this one isn't some special mint that's, say, really good with tobaccos, but is not itself tobacco.)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't really mean to badmouth INW. I've had about 90% excellent results with them and I only have about ten flavors.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
omg, lol--thinking of beginners AND myself, please only use the Polish names in addition to the English--like DIY is not confusing enough? Or is "mortar to alcohol mint" actually a flavor name?

Ya think you want the polski name ? I don't think so... Ok, Mortar to alcohol mint = ZAPRAWA DO ALKOHOLU MIĘTOWA !!!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Inawera and all their "lines"... Seriously, I don't know how I ever got past the point of ALL this seeming like so much gobbledygook.

Question--and this is for @Jimi D, too--Is there a line of flavors within Inawera which all have a tobacco component in their profile (and which I should therefore avoid getting since I don't like tobacco flavors)?

Other question--and i know how obvious this seems, but--Tobacco natural mint is a minty tobacco flavor, right?
(I used to think all the Shisha flavors were tobacco flavors because of the "shisha" (implies smoking) bit... so I'm just trying to check that this one isn't some special mint that's, say, really good with tobaccos, but is not itself tobacco.)
The Classic Tobacco is the only line. Inawera is very good with their descriptions. If it doesn't specify tobacco. There is no tobacco.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Edited the OP.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't deal with mix mint, the menthol in it knocks me on my ass. My favorite mint is the plain old Inawera "Mint", but I have bottles and an atty reserved only for it. It permanently mintafies everything it touches.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

10% FW Extreme Ice
02% FA Peppermint.

She's happy for now.

ETA: I smoked for 57 years and occasionally I would bum a menthol cigarette. I vaped a couple of tanks of this and it was pretty good but wasn't just right for me so I dropped the FW Extreme Ice to 5% percent and I think it allowed the Peppermint to shine. Made it seem crisper and gave a better nose feel if that makes any sense. I will give my friend some of the altered version and see which she likes best.
How the hell did you get away with smoking for 57 years? I think I'd have better odds of survival running a red light a day without getting caught or creamed. :)

Thx for the recipe.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How the hell did you get away with smoking for 57 years? I think I'd have better odds of survival running a red light a day without getting caught or creamed. :)

Thx for the recipe.
I dunno my friend, I probably averaged two packs a day, did a lot of drinkin, ran with wild women, had a lil fun along the way. Oh, you're welcome. Think you'll try it?

I still think I'm gonna die young.:D

Last edited:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno my friend, I probably averaged two packs a day, did a lot of drinkin, ran with wild women, had a lil fun along the way. Oh, you're welcome. Think you'll try it?

I still think I'm gonna die young.:D
Already tried it, @ your 5%, and subbed with Inawera MInt, but all I really taste is the mint. Not a bad thing, I love it, but FW Extreme Ice seems kinda weak for the type of flavor it is. Maybe I should bump it up to the 10%.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Already tried it, @ your 5%, and subbed with Inawera MInt, but all I really taste is the mint. Not a bad thing, I love it, but FW Extreme Ice seems kinda weak for the type of flavor it is. Maybe I should bump it up to the 10%.
Yeah, I have a friend that vapes Extreme Ice as a stand alone and I mix it at 14-15%. FW is like that. I used to kinda like that, if you miss a measurement a little it don't screw up the mix so much but the big bottles take up a lot of room. lol

Oh, well the Extreme Ice is a mint ya know.

ETA: Maybe I AM getting old, I just saw that I said most of this earlier in the thread.:oops:

Last edited:

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm wondering about a little FA Bilberry and some Ice.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Any of you "mint-heads" should put "Inawera Eucalyptus W/ Mint" on their shopping list. This is a kickass flavor that I use {in small percentages} in all of my menthol tobacco mixes as well as in a cinnamon/clove/menthol/eucalyptus combo. It should play well with any/all mint combinations. :)

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My ADV is FW Candy Cane, at 30%

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
To get the Peppermint out a lil more for me I'm going to try:

7% FW Extreme Ice
3% FA Peppermint

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not yet. I must admit that I'm getting burnt out. Gonna have to try a different kind of mint.
Did you always mix it that strong? They say flavors start to mute after a point. Not messin with ya, just wondering. I can't get the peppermint to pop for me in the mix I posted about. My friend still likes it but I guess I'll be going back to my old stand by (not mint). It has been fun playing with it though and it kind of opened up my sinuses. lol

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not until recently. I was mixing at 20% but couldn't get the peppermint to pop, so I worked my way up to 30%. Good flavor and great throat.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not until recently. I was mixing at 20% but couldn't get the peppermint to pop, so I worked my way up to 30%. Good flavor and great throat.
Rats, I mis read your post I thought you said Extreme Ice. Try dropping that percentage back and putting a little Koolada in it. @HeadInClouds said that made Kringle's Revenge Clone. I'd give ya a link if I knew where it was. You might try dropping a little of some other mint in there.

Oh there's a link in this thread above I think. Post #17

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's where I found the recipe. I think I replied to that thread. Since then I have been making adjustments.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Just for informational purposes Peppermint (and I believe most mints) naturally contains some menthol, hence its true name Mentha Piperita. I am a HUGE peppermentaholic and if I don't have any to vape I will go crazy so I always have plenty on hand and of many variaties. I even grow my own pepperment which I make my own extract from. :zombie:

VU Sponsors