Become a Patron!

A simple one for mint lovers

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not until recently. I was mixing at 20% but couldn't get the peppermint to pop, so I worked my way up to 30%. Good flavor and great throat.

I've tried FW Candy Cane at 5%, 10% and 20% and I can just barely taste it in my drippers at 20%. I thought maybe I got a diluted bottle so I bought another small bottle from another place and it is only slightly stronger. If I use it in one of my rba's (Squape R, Kayfuns, Orchid...etc) I taste nothing. It just tastes like unflavored. You can't beat Capella's peppermint or TFA's pepperment and mint candy but they are just peppermint not candy cane. I tried a peppermint when I first started vaping that tasted exactly like a candy cane but it was in a cartridge for a cig-a-like which I don't use anymore (was from South Beach Smokes) and have been trying to find a replacement ever since. From everything I read I thought the FW would finally be it but am majorly disappointed. I normally mix high VG but even tried it at like 75% PG and still nothing except a lot of coughing from the high PG. But if you had the same problem and 30% finally hit the mark then I'll make one more try at 30%. Some people must really be sensitive to mints cause I've read where some have mixed it a 3%-5% and it was too strong for them. I mix CAP's peppermint at 15% and it's perfect. I also mix 10% TFA peppermint with 10% mint candy and it makes a really nice juice.

For me when it comes to my mints, if there isn't icicles that form on the exhale then it's too weak. But with the candy cane it doesn't need to have that chill factor it just needs to taste like a candy cane.

Also I tried adding koolada but that just made it a cool unflavored juice.

How the hell did you get away with smoking for 57 years?.

I smoked for a little over 40 years and I'm still here. :D

Last edited:

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
30% should get you there. Anything under 20% I had to mix koolada and wintergreen concentrate to taste anything.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just for informational purposes Peppermint (and I believe most mints) naturally contains some menthol, hence its true name Mentha Piperita. I am a HUGE peppermentaholic and if I don't have any to vape I will go crazy so I always have plenty on hand and of many variaties. I even grow my own pepperment which I make my own extract from. :zombie:

Yes, I can believe this! No wonder peppermint always tastes so throaty in big doses --I mean peppermint in general--in your vape, in your tea, whatever. Nice that you make an extraction. I bet peppermint would grow even in my (highly acidic, won't support grass) yard.... I remember from other gardens the way it likes to take over and grow everywhere!
ooh, a peppermint lawn! That would be fun.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
30% should get you there. Anything under 20% I had to mix koolada and wintergreen concentrate to taste anything.

Yeah I had to add some CAP peppermint to get flavor and if I do that then whats the point in using the candy cane at all? I will try at 30% and hope for the best. Thanks.

Yes, I can believe this! No wonder peppermint always tastes so throaty in big doses --I mean peppermint in general--in your vape, in your tea, whatever. Nice that you make an extraction. I bet peppermint would grow even in my (highly acidic, won't support grass) yard.... I remember from other gardens the way it likes to take over and grow everywhere!
ooh, a peppermint lawn! That would be fun.

Mints like a slightly acidic soil so they should do good for you. They are also very hardy plants and are technically a weed and will take over a garden if not contained properly and can survive in temps as low as -20 degrees below. I grow mine in pots indoors and currently have peppermint, chocolate mint and apple mint growing. There are many hybreds such as lemon mint, orange mint, grapefruit mint and some others. Their are also many non hybred variaties as well.

Hmmm, a peppermint lawn...I may have to give that some thought! :giggle:

And I checked and was right that all true mints have some menthal that occurs naturally in them. Also all true mints scientific names start with Mentha.

Here's a website with some good info on peppermint:

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-peppermint.html

Last edited:

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was taking some pictures for some items for ebay and found some of my mints which I thought I'd share. Didn't have one of my chocolate mint but looks very similar to the black peppermint.

Black Peppermint or what is known as true peppermint. It produces the best quality oil
DSCN2050_zps7rtl5lsw.jpg

White Peppermint
DSCN2051_zpsnbgir9db.jpg

Apple Mint
DSCN2052_zpsyasy0zgb.jpg

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been falling in love with peppermint vapes lately. Normally I go for the dessert and fruit vapes which is why I find it so strange. This is what I've been making.

40% PG
60% VG
4% FA Peppermint
.5% TPA Menthol

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If she stops being happy, you might wish to take a peek at:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-clone-of-halos-kringles-curse.1774/

Ron
---
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha
Try this again. I don't know what I did with that last one. She must have stopped liking. I haven't heard from her. I think she may be like my first wife, a faker. ;) Anyway I'm toking this one at the moment. It's a good one for sure and my son likes it. I mixed it at 14% FW Candy Cane and 2% FW Kool Effects. THANKS!

VU Sponsors