A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They don't see / Whole Foods
-Tank and the Bangas

Gotta love the AI generated info that show up at the top of the search results these days. I reference to this song, the AI summary starts as follows (with my emphasis added.)

Whole Foods Unseen Factors​

“They Don’t See/Whole Foods” is a song by Tank and the Bangas, featuring Aja Monet. It appears to be a music release, possibly an album track or single, rather than a literal reference to people not seeing Whole Foods stores.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It is storming terrible up here in Western NY! Windy,cold,pouring rain, yuck!
I have been losing power and internet on and off all night into the morning. Wednesday I get my automatic house generator , I can hardly wait, no more worries on losing power I hope! Plus I pick a really bad day to bring my car in for repairs,ugh!

1728903836518.jpeg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta love the AI generated info that show up at the top of the search results these days.

I'm fed up with having the AI search results shoved at me without having asked for them. We are blamed for using up the world's resources, and being targeted for schemes like the 15-minute cities, yet AI is imposed on us as if it were anything real, but is an absolute resource gobbler:

Those are not the only descriptions I've seen of how much more electricity is used by AI than just the normal search for references, how water rights are being taken from farmers with the underhanded "climate change" accusation, while their water is being diverted to AI plants.

Here are a couple of shots of how to get rid of the unchosen AI search response, but you have to do it every time.

On this one, see the gear icon on the upper right, underneath the letters "VPN":

Brave Search.JPG

This shot shows some of what you get when you click that gear, and where you can turn off the AI response:

Brave Search no AI.JPG

I stumbled onto Tank and the Bangas when I went to Allmusic.com to look up something else. It was featured on the home page among other new releases.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I stumbled onto Tank and the Bangas when I went to Allmusic.com to look up something else. It was featured on the home page among other new releases.
I saw the title and my first thought was "There has to be a story behind that" which is what led to my search. Yes, AI needs far too much electricity and I also dislike the AI generated search overviews, but they are sometimes humorous.

1728910272487.png

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is storming terrible up here in Western NY! Windy,cold,pouring rain, yuck!
I have been losing power and internet on and off all night into the morning. Wednesday I get my automatic house generator , I can hardly wait, no more worries on losing power I hope! Plus I pick a really bad day to bring my car in for repairs,ugh!

I hope it all smooths out for you soon Snap.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good still mornin Family :wave:
I hope everyone is havin a great day;)

May be an image of text

May be an image of owl, great grey owl and text

May be an image of text that says 'THUNDER BIRD AS A MAN SKANA THE KILLER-WHALE CHET-WOOT WOOT THE BEAR Spitting up the Wolf Man FROG SE-SOOK TWO-HEADED SERPENT OL-HIYO THE SEAL WALALEE THE SALMON LE-LOO THE WOLF HE RAVEN FROG THE ANCIENT POWERFUL SUPERNATURAL KUUMA THE BULLHEAD EL-KOLIE H WHALE'

Native American Totem Pole
Ketchikan, Alaska
Totem poles are monumental sculptures carved from large trees, mostly Western Red Cedar, by cultures of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America. The word totem is derived from the Ojibwe word odoodem, "his kinship group".
History
Being made of cedar, which decays eventually in the rainforest environment of the Northwest Coast, few examples of poles carved before 1900 exist. Noteworthy examples include those at the Royal British Columbia Museum in Victoria, BC and the Museum of Anthropology at UBC in Vancouver, BC, dating as far back as 1880. And, while 18th century accounts of European explorers along the coast indicate that poles certainly existed prior to 1800, they were smaller and few in number. In all likelihood, the freestanding poles seen by the first European explorers were preceded by a long history of monumental carving, particularly interior house posts. Eddie Malin has proposed that totem poles progressed from house posts, funerary containers, and memorial markers into symbols of clan and family wealth and prestige. He argues that pole construction centered around the Haida people of the Queen Charlotte Islands, from whence it spread outward to the Tsimshian and Tlingit, and then down the coast to the tribes of British Columbia and northern Washington. This is supported by the photographic history of the Northwest Coast and the deeper sophistication of Haida poles. The regional stylistic differences between poles would then be due not to a change in style over time, but to application of existing regional artistic styles to a new medium. Early-20th-century theories, such as those of the anthropologist Marius Barbeau who considered the poles an entirely post-contact phenomenon made possible by the introduction of metal tools, were treated with skepticism at the time and are now discredited.
The disruptions following American and European trade and settlement first led to a flowering and then to a decline in the cultures and totem pole carving. The widespread importation of iron and steel tools from Britain, the United States and China led to much more rapid and accurate production of carved wooden goods, including poles. It is not certain whether iron tools were actually introduced by traders, or whether iron tools were already produced aboriginally from drift iron recovered from shipwrecks; nevertheless the presence of trading vessels and exploration ships simplified the acquisition of iron tools whose use greatly enhanced totem pole construction. The Maritime Fur Trade gave rise to a tremendous accumulation of wealth among the coastal peoples, and much of this wealth was spent and distributed in lavish potlatches frequently associated with the construction and erection of totem poles. Poles were commissioned by many wealthy leaders to represent their social status and the importance of their families and clans. By the 19th century certain Christian missionaries reviled the totem pole as an object of heathen worship and urged converts to cease production and destroy existing poles.
Totem pole construction underwent a dramatic decline at the end of the 19th century due to American and Canadian policies and practices of acculturation and assimilation. In the mid-20th century a combination of cultural, linguistic, and artistic revival along with intense scholarly scrutiny and the continuing fascination and support of an educated and empathetic public led to a renewal and extension of this moribund artistic tradition. Freshly-carved totem poles are being erected up and down the coast. Related artistic production is pouring forth in many new and traditional media, ranging from tourist trinkets to masterful works in wood, stone, blown and etched glass, and many other traditional and non-traditional media.
Today a number of successful native artists carve totem poles on commission, usually taking the opportunity to educate apprentices in the demanding art of traditional carving and its concomitant joinery. Such modern poles are almost always executed in traditional styles, although some artists have felt free to include modern subject matter or use nontraditional styles in their execution. The commission for a modern pole ranges in the tens of thousands of dollars; the time spent carving after initial designs are completed usually lasts about a year, so the commission essentially functions as the artist's primary means of income during the period. Totem poles take about 6–12 months to complete.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're lucky we have a costco here, I wish they had more organic stuff but I do get quite a bit there

They're getting more and more organic lately. Costco is the only source I know of for organic Rotels and organic Wholly Avocado (just smashed avo & salt). They have tons of organic fruit and veg, organic tortilla chips, pretty much everything I want:

Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, mini watermelons, cantaloupe, blueberries, mushrooms, brussels sprouts, apples, cucumbers, butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, kiwi, celery, mini sweet peppers, tomatoes on the vine, baby spinach, spring mix, organic dried fruit. I wish the regular grocery stores would do that well with the organics, because other than fruit and veg, Costco's schtick is that you have to buy such large amounts.

I don't buy all that at one time, but I scrambled to take a look after reading your post.

Now it may not be the same where you are Jimi, if there are shipping/delivery issues there.

I should have told Goph, Costco has the most beautiful, perfect bouquets of two dozen roses for 20.00, which disappeared during the Covid lockdown era for a couple of years, but they're back, and so beautiful. In case he's been sassing his wife.

😆

They also still have the true French champagne privately labeled for them. It is soooooo good.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors